Limited Edition Bicycles: Built in trick

Lately I have purchased different limited edition Bicycle decks just to try. I purchased the White cards (not a Ghost deck), the Breast cancer support cards which are pink, and a black and gray deck. The back of all three card boxes display the image of a card facedown and next to it a card that is face up. The Face up card is the ten of hearts. I have used this as a prediction and some people have even perceived the trick in a way that I am changing the box to reveal their card with magic.

You can really use any patter with this, I just go with prediction. The reactions I have received have been surprisingly powerful. Previously for a prediction I would have a card written in sharpie on the box and allow the spectator to hold the box while they select a card. This worked but the reactions do not compare. For some reason because it is actually part of the box people flip out. All Three decks have ten of hearts on them, so I am pretty sure it’s on all limited edition Bicycles. Well, have fun with it. I have found it a very nice tool to use for card magic.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Cool, thanks for sharing that with us! Have you ever tried using a barcode reveal? I think that this box thing is way stronger than just a barcode one...

Thoughts?

-Sanj

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey this is a really good idea! I have a few decks like the ones your talking about, but I never thought of using that ten as a reveal! Thanks for the thought!

Oct 26, 2008
Minnesota
Another one...

Another interesting reveal comes from displaying the Queen of Spades. If you look in her right hand you will notice she is "holding" a card. She is holding what looks like a Six of Spades. So for a quick effect. Force the Six of Spades on someone...have them shuffle the cards. Then slide the queen to the bottom after looking through the cards...hot shot the card to your other hand. And proudly "fail" as you show the Queen of Spades as their card. Then you can say "well, she was actually my assistant...see what card she is holding?" :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But, I also believe this is only with Bicycle cards. Where it looks like she is holding a card.

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
The only problem with that is most people have decks of cards, if you use that as a reveal, they can easily go home or to the store, look on the back and see that the card was always there.

"Cool you picked the 6 of spades. You know what's weird, look at the deck you have at home... take a look at the queen of spades."
:p

Not everyone has limited edition Bicycles but, I have considered that in the past and I occasionally have used patter that involved how I purchased the cards for a reason and I knew that they would pick the card weeks ago when I bought the cards. I usually use it as a simple prediction though. Another way in which I have used it, is by suggesting their card is going to jump to the box. they look in the box and find no card. The magician simply shows the card has in fact jumped to the box and points to the card on the box.

Jan 19, 2008
Its good but if they know its already printed on it, it kinda looses aww factor. More then limited edition bikes have this, walk into a walmart.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results