Criss Angel - Card Magic

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Steppiz, you have to realize you are comparing a live performance to a television performance. These are 2 different venues. I trust you are a very skilled performer in your own right and we all congratulate you. However your performance would be just as vulnerable as Chris Angels when the camera is pointed at you.

JRobarts05. You are right. Chris Angel should just quit his job, Fire all his employees and let them fend for themselves. God forbid he do anymore damage to the art of magic. I think you should lighten up a bit man. He is not hurting this art. If anything he is making it more visible to the general public. I mean really what has he done?

He's already fired all of his employees that weren't related to him. This happened like a year or so ago. Plus I doubt they'd have to "fend for themselves." seeing has how most were more than likely paid a lot of money to work with him.

Plus I doubt they'd have to "fend for themselves." seeing has how most were more than likely paid a lot of money to work with him.

That is like saying that anyone who works for Coca-Cola would be fine if they were fired. Just because they work for a house hold name does not mean they can just lose there job and everything is hunky dory. But thanks I love it when people respond to sarcasm.

However that is not the issue. The issue is. What has Chris Angel done that makes him so unworthy of his position in magic? Justify your hatred of this guy. Or should I say Jealousy?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
That is like saying that anyone who works for Coca-Cola would be fine if they were fired. Just because they work for a house hold name does not mean they can just lose there job and everything is hunky dory. But thanks I love it when people respond to sarcasm.

However that is not the issue. The issue is. What has Chris Angel done that makes him so unworthy of his position in magic? Justify your hatred of this guy. Or should I say Jealousy?

David blaine and Cyril takayama have the same fame(cyril has 5 times as much fame than criss) and people here never(that ive been aware of) talk crap about either one of them.
I for one love cyril. Trick photography is not the main issue here.
So ,evidently, jealousy is not a real factor on peoples disliking criss.
Think for a while and see what you can come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 26, 2009
David blaine and Cyril takayama have the same fame(cyril has 5 times as much fame than criss) and people here never(that ive been aware of) talk crap about either one of them.
I for one love cyril. Trick photography is not the main issue here.
So ,evidently, jealousy is not a real factor on peoples disliking criss.
Think for a while and see what you can come up with.

Right , magician like David Blaine or Cyril are not likely to use camera tricks or stooges very much because they are talented and have no need for them

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Right , magician like David Blaine or Cyril are not likely to use camera tricks or stooges very much because they are talented and have no need for them

When in what you quoted did I say they dont? I said TRICK PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT THE ISSUE maybe you can read it now. The use of stooges has always been in magic. Im not saying its wrong. Try again.

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I do close-up shows about once or twice a week... and trust me.. the laymen think it's better than watching criss on tv

Yes, but do you perform for the same people every week? I'm sure you perform your effects a lot more than once as we all do here do to. Criss on the other hand, I to am not really a big fan or anything but when you have thousands of people that tune in to watch his show I'm sure you would know that they would get bored of watching the same ACR opener or the whatever other effects may be in your patter. People are always expecting more exciting things from him.

May 26, 2009
Yes, but do you perform for the same people every week? I'm sure you perform your effects a lot more than once as we all do here do to. Criss on the other hand, I to am not really a big fan or anything but when you have thousands of people that tune in to watch his show I'm sure you would know that they would get bored of watching the same ACR opener or the whatever other effects may be in your patter. People are always expecting more exciting things from him.

Yeah , but its even easier to perform when people are watching through a screen. We never know if camera tricks or stooges is being used and if he messed up , we will never see it

Jun 22, 2009
For me its a simple view. He is a punk no questions asked. I watched Sinful with him and W:H and he has an egotistical attitude that sucks. As far as I am concerned he is no one to look up to in magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results