How do you keep your coins when you're out performing?

I have been in coin magic lately, every time I'm trying to get (palm) a coin from my pocket, either it make noise or it's interfere with other object in my pocket. What is your best recommend how should I keep my coin for emergencies tricks?

thanks in advance.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I have been in coin magic lately, every time I'm trying to get (palm) a coin from my pocket, either it make noise or it's interfere with other object in my pocket. What is your best recommend how should I keep my coin for emergencies tricks?

thanks in advance.

Im thinking its a gimmicked or altered coin right? If its a regular quarter id assume youd just borrow it..
Simply put just dont put things that would make noise in the same pocket with the coin.Use your other three pockets you have. And dont wear a ring on the hand youll use to finger palm,i guess.

Either way,I dont pay attention to the little chinks a coin makes as im taking it out. No one ever hears it or has called me out on it. The noise is usually miniscule.

I actually uses half and silver dollar. and thx for ur help.

I just scare everything I put my coin in my back pocket, they will fall out and those coins ain't easy to find.

but anyways thx 4 ur help.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
if you're thinking of "magically" producing a coin, then don't bother. A production at the beginning does not really generate more reactions. Simply take out the coin and start with the routine.

maybe you want to look into a pocket organizer to keep your props seperated an keep them accessable .. i've heard of 2 products there is the klamm magic pocket organizer which is designed for a jacket pocket and the Carl Andrews Pocket-Pocket which is designed for a trouser pocket.. personally dont own either of these but have read good things from both on the Cafe.. think im gonna be picking up the "Pocket-Pocket" to check it out.

another thing to consider is to keep your coins in a coin purse .. keeps them in place, and from rattling all over your pocket... i have 3 different coin purses and am loving 2 of them the most... #1 is the Jerry O'Connell Single coin wallet, it fits up to 4 silver dollars in place and they dont rattle around when inside and closed.. #2 is the Small Onosaka Coin Purse, which has an internal latch so it doesnt get caught up in your pocket... #3 is a generic "Coin Wallet" which has 8 individual pockets... personally this one i like the least. it's bulky, the velvet on the inside fell off fairly quickly, and i just dont see myself going into a routine and unrolling the entire thing to get my coins.

-Abe

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Well you can either pull them out of your wallet. Which is what I would do, or you can use a regular coin purse. The noise of pulling them out of the pocket is really nothing and I doubt people would call you on it.

"HEY, His coins made a sound when coming out of his pocket! He's a FRAUD!!"

Man those coin holders look amazing! I'm defiantly purchasing one of those real soon!

As goes for the retrieval of the coin(s) from pocket, I just suggest organize your pockets. Keep your performing coins in one pocket and non performing coins in your other. Other things like a cell phone or something, stick that in your other back pocket since most people put their wallet in their back pocket. And anything else can join the loose change pocket. If you do by chance have something else besides your performing coins in that pocket, while talking with the spectator, just stick your hands in your pocket taking things out as if your looking for something but empty out everything you don't need in the pocket with the performing coins. Stick everything you took out in your other pockets with extra space.

-Joey

Jul 8, 2008
How about one of those memory card cases? That is what I use when performing and it holds about 20 coins.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results