Flamable cards?

Jun 11, 2009
I am looking into some ideas of taking a pre-set card for a variets of effects and force it so that at the end or at some part of the trick i can set it on fire( maybe to imply a change or something like that). But I am running into some trouble finding what I should use on the card that will not terribly stain it but will last for say a few hours....

Anyone have some help to offer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Well, considering cards are made of paper, they are all flammable. They also make flash cards, which burns instantly. Or are you looking for something to coat the card in so the outside burns but the card remains intact?

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Heres an expirement, try splitting a card an place a piece of flash paper in between an re glue the card pieces together. If for a color change take a regular card say ace of spades, take an indiffrent card say three of diamonds strip it, an only use the face of the card. Stick a piece of flash paper behind the stripped 3 diamonds an cut off a corner of that stripped card an stick it loosley onto the ace w/ the cut corner on the bottom left. Then jus light the 3 diamonds an you got a color change :D...its jus an idea

Jun 11, 2009
First of all, that is what im looking for, something to coat the card that will burn but leave the card intact... i would just spray it to death with axe if it didnt smell horrible and be costly.

I am fairly new to magic and am wondering if someone can kindly explain exactly what flash paper is??

Nov 17, 2007
Flash paper is a very thin white paper that almost looks like a tissue paper. what it does is, when it touches any kind of flame it bursts into fire plus it does not leave any kind of ashes or residue (spelling?). its available almost on any magic website.

Jun 11, 2009
well my batcave testing for the day has come back inconclusive...

but im sure something will turn up. So could i like attatch flash paper to a card and do it that way? or does someone know of a substance that will do my desired effect and have it ready for a few hour time span whenever i want to do it??

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results