This sound good?

Jun 1, 2009
ok so this saturday my friends moms friend (follow that?) is having a party and I got hired as the entertainment for like an hour. She said I just have to walk around and do tricks at each table for people like 50 years old.

These are some tricks I plan to do that seem good for a walk around thing:
Joyride
A simple sandwhich effect
card to mouth (of course)
Biddle trick
Doc Daley's last/final trick
Panic (possibly)
Pressure (if have the right angles)
Oreo sandwhich
subway (needs just a tad bit more practice)
and just some other simple productions

sound good?
any advice/suggestions are welcome

thanks in advance!
Your boy-Fez

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Just trust me. If your doing dexteritist things with your hands, they won't like it. Stick to an ACR, card to mouth, biddle trick is good. Color changes as well.

Jun 1, 2009
I would stay away from "Flourishing"... Older people and children seem to be the real hecklers.

really? i thought old people would be the exact opposite. I havent performed for anyone over like 35, so yeah.

So is like death to the double undercut out of the question?

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Just trust me and stick with more visual stuff. I might be wrong give subway a try, but from what my experience has taught me, visual is best for the elderly and children. Key points-

* VISUAL
* STRAIGHT TO THE POINT (not to big of a story line)
* A VERY GOOD SHOCK ENDING (I.E. Card to mouth)

May 3, 2008
There's nothing wrong with a couple of flourishes; just don't overdo it. Use short stuff as opposed to the more dextrous flourishes like Sybil, etc. Just enough for them to go "Wait that was cool."

Jun 1, 2009
Just trust me and stick with more visual stuff. I might be wrong give subway a try, but from what my experience has taught me, visual is best for the elderly and children. Key points-

* VISUAL
* STRAIGHT TO THE POINT (not to big of a story line)
* A VERY GOOD SHOCK ENDING (I.E. Card to mouth)

ok i respect you as a magician and performer, so I'll take the advice into account. Thanks

Nov 10, 2007
I need to chime in here, fancy cuts is fine for old people, I knwo from experience because right away they think your good and they want to hire you for another show. Trust me on that, I have had much past experience in this type of situation, obviously dont sit there and flourish but you can add in little things.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I need to chime in here, fancy cuts is fine for old people, I knwo from experience because right away they think your good and they want to hire you for another show. Trust me on that, I have had much past experience in this type of situation, obviously dont sit there and flourish but you can add in little things.

True! But should also be kept to a minimum within the routine.

Jun 1, 2009

Ok, Ill take both of these into account. Im not a big flourisher anyway, just a few false cuts here and there.
I would love to get hired...i just need a buisness card....

Nov 10, 2007

Exactly no overkill, old people like to see fancy stuff here and there, but they also want to see the magic, Listen to the effects Z-Magic suggested all great effects which they will love.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Doesn't matter what you do (to an extent).

Just speak in a loud, clear voice. I have been to places with my grandparents (and parents) and if they can't hear what is going on in your performance they lose interest and/or get very annoyed.

Just a little advice that is sometimes over looked.

KE

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results