Deja Vu Variation

Oct 6, 2007
I perform deja vu a lot and I noticed when I perform the Bucks version people dont understand whats going on so I came up with a little different patter to help them understand better and I acually got better responses than the origional let me know what you think. basiaclly I do everything the same up until I put the "ace sandwich" on the table I then say ok selection number 2 the -------- now it would only be logical that the second selection be sandwhiched in bewteen the 2 black aces cuz selection one, (i then perform the superflip) is in between the two red aces. then i continue with the d&d patter to finish

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
thanks for the tip
when i do this trick most people don't understand what happened just like you said
ill try this and i hope it works

Sep 1, 2007
If they don't understand the effect then there's something wrong with your patter. Either that, or Norwegians are much smarter than Americans.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
it is not always the patter, different patter works with different people as in how u tell the patter. Anywayz from my personal experiance the deja vu is quite confusing at times if u do it too fast, u have to put emphasize on the fact that the first two RED aces holds the first card, as long as that come across it usually works. u can always ask if the spectator still remember what his first card was.

Sep 30, 2007
my experiences are pretty different though.

Deja vu works great for me with the twins method. I Everytime got great reactions on it.

The Only thing i do is creating them a connection to the real deja vu´s everybody has twice a day/week/month what ev....example:

"Does anybody of you guys know, what a deja vu is? You know that thing on Matrix....with that black cat. A Situation for example, that makes you think, it happend already some time ago. This is wired, and science says, that this is caused by a misfunction in your brain but actually i found a way to call this deja vu-like feelings in your brain with a pack of cards....im gonna show you."

....letting pick the first card....

"You know...with this kind of card deja vu it is the same as the normal real life deja vus...it doesn´t matter WHAT the deja vu is about....it does matter where the deja vu is....is it in your classroom....in the park.....or when you looking outside the window? Well ...this deja vu is sandwiched between the two red aces, as you can see."

and than i move on and I end the trick with the normal twins method. there was not a single one who didn´t understand, what i was doing there so...well

i disagree ^^ Twins Method works great.

Its an awesome trick i have to different versions one i do for laymen and one i do for magicians... not much changes except the way in which the first sandwhich happens and the last card appears...

Credits to Justin Miller for his expertise.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
If you have a problem with Deja Vu then just do Transpositionings. I prefer the latter.

And to Chris, you might be right.

Sep 1, 2007
Firstly, I dont consider different patter to be a variation, unless it changes what the spec sees happenning in the effect.

As far as my patter goes, I dont even know what the buck's original patter is. Mine is probably quite similar, but I dont know.

I've never had a problem with people not seeing the effect though...that said, here's my basic patter:

*talk about deja vu*
Have them call stop, do the turn over
"So you stopped at a card. In this case, the card isn't terribly important, but rather where it is..."*do production* "in the case, between the two black aces, is your card, the XYZ. We'll take your card, sandwhiched between the....black aces? Was it?"

This forces them to associate their card, XYZ with the black aces, and you let them finish your sentence and tell you it was the black aces.

Now have them select the other card
"The ZYX...And just like the last one, it doesnt really matter what the card is...but where it is" *do change* "Between the two black aces...*PAUSE*...is your first card, the XYZ."

Let the effect sink it, pause here as well. let them realize what happened. When you see them look to the other aces, continue

"Now if that really did just happen, then down here...between then two red aces...we must have your second card...the ZYX"

Say "The ZYX" as you show them that card.

So there's my patter, I've never had anyone miss the effect, in fact, they tend to really like it...there you go!

If they don't understand the effect then there's something wrong with your patter. Either that, or Norwegians are much smarter than Americans.

I don't think it's anything to do with that, Chris... as a small example, one phrase in American could be a totally different phrase in English. Same applies for patter.

Different cultures hold different meanings to words and things said, which could explain why some people "understand" the routine more than others. Personally, I found that a few moments later they kind of go; "oooohh, I see! That was good" - as if they had to think about it a little more.

I quite love that adaption you added, The Royal JRA. I will definitely use it in future, I can imagine it being slightly better in the area which I live. Cheers. :)

Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results