Weekly Poll #3---Fad or Favorite

I...

• ...love custom decks. They're the only cards I use.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • ...use custom decks occasionally.

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • ...hate custom decks. Please get rid of them.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 31, 2008
There's been a huge amount of custom decks on sale in the last few years. I want to hear your guys' opinions on them.

May 12, 2009
this is a good question. for me, i use custom decks occasionally. Ellusionist custom decks are fun to play with, but when you perform with them, people get suspicious. custom decks like split spades are great because they handle great and they fit in.

May 31, 2008
this is a good question. for me, i use custom decks occasionally. Ellusionist custom decks are fun to play with, but when you perform with them, people get suspicious. custom decks like split spades are great because they handle great and they fit in.

Split Spades are probably my favorite deck.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
This topic has been beaten to death around here. Regardless, I use custom decks for my own practicing or flourishing pleasure. I don't perform with them. Sometimes I'll use cards from custom decks with color changing routines but other than that I don't use them that much at all.

May 31, 2008
This topic has been beaten to death around here. Regardless, I use custom decks for my own practicing or flourishing pleasure. I don't perform with them. Sometimes I'll use cards from custom decks with color changing routines but other than that I don't use them that much at all.

You're right, I just realized that this barely any better than a, "Wuts ur fav deck" thread. I was out of ideas.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I use custom decks casually. Like if I was going out without any intention of performing I'd throw a deck of Smoke or Mirrors, Spilt Spades, Karnival, 1800's etc.
But if I know I'm performing I'll usually just use bikes, because that way I can do some sick gaff magic, and I don't worry when I do tricks where a card is signed or torn or burnt or what have you.

Cards that are colored (like black tigers or those bright pastelly bicycle decks) I avoid completely for anything other than when I'm alone.
Actually sometimes (although rarely) I'll grab a black deck for a casual day, just to change things up.
Same with anything that has only one pip color (Ghost decks or, again, those neon-bright bikes).

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I have alot of custom decks, but when it comes to performing I use cheap bikes which I don't mind being signed. I mainly use custom decks for slights, flourishes and cuts, I seem to find them easier to master such things, then I go onto the normal decks and try it with those and master them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results