Sick of seeing Youtube give magic away for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2009
Paris, France
Hey guys,
I was on youtube watching some vids of magicians on stage like Soma (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucxw56RDik). Great routine, super fun to watch.

Than I saw links to other so called magicians that give away tricks for free, your tricks !!!!

For example this as*h*le showing Pressure as if he was the one who invented the trick : Link Removed by moderator

I don't know what you think about this but I wondered if there was a way of asking youtube to delete videos that are under your copyright, especially when they have the nerves of flashing on perpose to reveal the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
i appreciate that these kind of videos aren't right for newer tricks, especially ones you've personally paid to learn however a vast majority of the magic tricks shown on youtube are found in books that can either be red for free or bought for barely anything...

while i agree that it should be possible to remove reveal videos by people who have no right to the content it would be used to remove pretty much any reveal... which is wrong considering i've found some of these videos useful, when trying to learn from a book it is helpful to be able to go to youtube and find a video demonstration.

Sep 2, 2007
please take the link to that video down. you don;t stop exposure by linking people to it.

also: you can;t copyrright how to move your hands. so you cannot copyright a trick. only the medium it's taught on.

As I'm sure you know, this has been discussed endless, endless times here. YouTube is a major source for exposure and it's really unfortunate that magicians get ripped off and disrespected by some of the shoddy videos posted by hacks everyday. I used to get just as upset by this as you do. I would contact administration and creators to try and get the issues fixed and it all just led to a lot of undue stress. The perfect solution to stopping these videos from harming magic is by simply not watching them. To tell you the truth, their effect on magic is negligible. Nobody watches these videos but other magicians, magic hacks, and tech-geeks. I would imagine as a performer, you aren't doing magic for many of them. And if these videos DO harm your repertoire, then shame on you for not expanding your knowledge in the craft. Magic is a vast artform with centuries worth of material to learn from. YouTube can't even begin to touch its core.

RS.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
As I'm sure you know, this has been discussed endless, endless times here. YouTube is a major source for exposure and it's really unfortunate that magicians get ripped off and disrespected by some of the shoddy videos posted by hacks everyday. I used to get just as upset by this as you do. I would contact administration and creators to try and get the issues fixed and it all just led to a lot of undue stress. The perfect solution to stopping these videos from harming magic is by simply not watching them. To tell you the truth, their effect on magic is negligible. Nobody watches these videos but other magicians, magic hacks, and tech-geeks. I would imagine as a performer, you aren't doing magic for many of them. And if these videos DO harm your repertoire, then shame on you for not expanding your knowledge in the craft. Magic is a vast artform with centuries worth of material to learn from. YouTube can't even begin to touch its core.

RS.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
What? putting links towards exposure videos?

Creating threads about how bad youtube is?

Exactly.

Also, I thought that video was funny as hell.
He's like 17. It's pathetic.
"That's pressure by Dan White and Dan-"
"Physically put it through, see there's no hole in the balloon." (It's blown up, obviously)
Alright I'm gonna just report this thread for the exposure.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Exactly.

Also, I thought that video was funny as hell.
He's like 17. It's pathetic.
"That's pressure by Dan White and Dan-"
"Physically put it through, see there's no hole in the balloon." (It's blown up, obviously)
Alright I'm gonna just report this thread for the exposure.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing!

Jun 2, 2008
well i think there needs to be some kind of system in place that allows only magicians to be able to learn magic and not people that just want to ruin it. Obviously we have to respect anyone that wants to learn magic as long as they are going to put the effort in to practice so its hard to do this.

Youtube cannot really be stopped however if theory11 or someone contacted youtube about it then there would probably be a good chance of resolving the issue cos im sure it must be itunes or some kind of music company that contacted youtube and now they dont allow you to put songs on your video you have to choose then from a given list which is crap but heh

D

Deleted member 2755

Hello Hevo. Welcome to the forum. :) As you may have already guessed by now, threads like these come often. There is nothing we can do about exposure. Posting to it on here also does nothing either.

If anyone should see a link to exposure, please PM any of the moderators or administrators and we'll get it taken care of.

Thanks guys. :)

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results