Who do I have to bribe to get a response from support?!

Jun 14, 2009
I took a chance. I decided to order something from the Theory 11 web site, for the first time. I bought two download items on Saturday in the hopes that I would receive my downloads soon after. I was ready for a weekend of learning and practicing these two new effects (which one they are is irrelevant). I took my credit card out, said a little prayer, and used it to pay for my items. Great! I got my confirmation email within minutes. So good so far. I got the email containing my download link and I was excited. I clicked on the link which took me to the Theory 11 web site. There I saw the two download buttons. I was just two clicks away from magical nirvana. I clicked on each of them and walked away allowing the items to download. This is where I enter the twilight zone.

A half an hour later I came back to check on the progress. I saw that they were still downloading - no problem. I then went to focus on practicing my existing effects. About an hour later I went back to check on the download. I saw that the progress of the download did not move. In fact it was the same as it was an hour ago. I checked to make sure that my connection was still solid. It was. I paused one of the downloads to allow the other to continue. No luck. So after another half an hour I stopped both of them. I tried to open the zip files that downloaded so far hoping that maybe the download finished and I just didn't realize it. No such luck. I then clicked on the download button again BUT got a message indicating that my another download was started using a different IP address. WHAT!!??

I have since left 3 support tickets but got now *human* response at this time. I hate ordering things in postal mail because I just don't trust that the package will arrive - in time, to the proper address, and without damage. However, since I work in the IT industry and have built dozens of web sites that have the same features as this site I know what goes into building e-commerce sites and delivering products via the web. It's not rocket science.

So what's happening here? Am I being punked? Has there been some kind of virus breakout that is turning people into zombies? Is it gopher day? So, it's Sunday, I lost $32, I have no videos watch.

Theory 11: 1 vs Online Customer: 0
:(

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
If you go to the confirmation email you received you'll see a link to the downloads along with a long password made of several numbers and letters. You can log in to re-download your files there.

Occasionally you may have issues downloading, sometimes the tiniest glitch with your computer or T11s servers will cause a download to go gaga. Try downloading again, I'm sure it'll all be AOK.

Peace out!

D.

D

Deleted member 2755

It's impatient of you to just come on the public board and complain about this after two days. I assure you that T11 has awesome customer service and always gets back to their customers. The issue is that they don't have their support running on the weekends. They respond usually within 24 hours on weekdays. Your tickets will be responded to at the start of the week. No need to come on here and bash T11 for their "bad" customer service.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
It's impatient of you to just come on the public board and complain about this after two days. I assure you that T11 has awesome customer service and always gets back to their customers. The issue is that they don't have their support running on the weekends. They respond usually within 24 hours on weekdays. Your tickets will be responded to at the start of the week. No need to come on here and bash T11 for their "bad" customer service.

-Doug
Not really a need for that kind of attitude but hey, you went ahead and posted with it anyway ;) I think his post was well-written and wasn't bashing their service at all, he was just inquisitive. It's his first post too, c'mon Doug, chill the magical beans a little :)

Anyway man, I've had that problem before (Bryant is the man for sorting this out too, as an aside) and they fixed me up good and proper, real patient with my epic fail too! :p Wait until you get a response, I should imagine they just need to reset the download related IP thingy (So I'm not a web guy, sue me).

And before I forget! Welcome to the forums! :D

- Sean

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Theo,

No bribes necessary, although sending a year's supply of Twizzlers to the theory11.hq would be awesome. Just kidding. I digress.

theory11's support crew responds faster than pretty much ANYWHERE I've experienced short of calling 911. Your original support ticket was submitted at 6:41pm last night - a Saturday - outside of business hours. As stated on our support page, our support crew responds to all tickets within 12-24 hours (sometimes minutes) on Mondays through Fridays. We also offer phone support via our toll-free line. It is now Sunday (less than 24 hours after submission of your original ticket), and you're getting a response. All is good. ;)

The download issue you have experienced appears to be a random glitch, which is highly unusual as theory11 - unlike any other magic site - uses premium CDN technology to deliver our downloads as quickly as possible. Outside factors such as your local connection, however, do come into play and as you know, as with all technology, glitches can happen. I apologize for the inconvenience and headache.

Nevertheless, I have reset and re-sent your download info, and you should be all good to go to try redownloading now. If you should experience any further issues, do not hesitate to contact our support crew at any time for assistance. Enjoy the downloads, and be sure to let us know what you think! Appreciate your support.

Jun 2, 2008
Well i can tell you that your router probably turned off or disconnected w/e for about 15 mins and when this happens usualy you get a new ip address

not theory11's fault the only thing they have done is made their downloads secure

im sure that you will get a response soon

D

Deleted member 2755

Not really a need for that kind of attitude but hey, you went ahead and posted with it anyway ;) I think his post was well-written and wasn't bashing their service at all, he was just inquisitive. It's his first post too, c'mon Doug, chill the magical beans a little :)

That is why I like you Sean. You always put people in their place. =P (No seriously, that wasn't sarcasm.:p) You're right. I also didn't see his post count. Even with a high post count, my attitude was not needed.

My apologies to you eddierush.

Anyway, it seems that JB responded to you and you got the help you needed. Hope your downloads go through well. Also, I order online all the time. Never had a problem. Have some faith in the postal service. :)

-Doug

Jun 14, 2009
Sorry, my bad ...

"Sometimes the truth hurts"

Nothing in my post was defamatory. I simply stated the facts as they happened to me. I'm sure that this issue is the exception and not the rule. The last sentence ... my attempt at humor in a difficult situation.

Here is another fact - thousands of large and small companies have gone out of business due to the lack of or poor customer support. I don't want that to happen to T11. They have excellent products and a great forum. I would hate to see them go, I don't want to see them go. I like what they are doing - and that is also the truth.

So I'll be a bit more patient.

Dear Doug,

I could have sworn that their customer service response message told me that they will respond within 12 hours and did not specify the days customer service would be available. But I could be wrong. I'll grab a screen shot later.

If you find any specific text in my post where I "bash" T11, I welcome you to tell me - and I will apologize.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2755

"Sometimes the truth hurts"

Nothing in my post was defamatory. I simply stated the facts as they happened to me. I'm sure that this issue is the exception and not the rule. The last sentence ... my attempt at humor in a difficult situation.

Here is another fact - thousands of large and small companies have gone out of business due to the lack of or poor customer support. I don't want that to happen to T11. They have excellent products and a great forum. I would hate to see them go, I don't want to see them go. I like what they are doing - and that is also the truth.

So I'll be a bit more patient.

Dear Doug,

I could have sworn that their customer service response message told me that they will respond within 12 hours and did not specify the days customer service would be available. But I could be wrong. I'll grab a screen shot later.

If you find any specific text in my post where I "bash" T11, I welcome you to tell me - and I will apologize.

Thanks

Go back and look at my last post. I apologize for what I said and I'm also sorry your introduction to the forum was negative. Hopefully we can change that in the future. :)

-Doug

Sep 9, 2007
Well i can tell you that your router probably turned off or disconnected w/e for about 15 mins and when this happens usualy you get a new ip address

not theory11's fault the only thing they have done is made their downloads secure

im sure that you will get a response soon

yeah. you said what i was going to.

T11 has been more than accomdating with their support. I can attest to that. They're responded quickly and very professionally and it was no-questions-asked. They just resolved it and everyone was happy.

It appears whatever the problem was, they just fixed it. Hope you enjoy the tricks.

Jun 14, 2009
Thank you for your response

Theo,

No bribes necessary, although sending a year's supply of Twizzlers to the theory11.hq would be awesome. Just kidding. I digress.

theory11's support crew responds faster than pretty much ANYWHERE I've experienced short of calling 911. Your original support ticket was submitted at 6:41pm last night - a Saturday - outside of business hours. As stated on our support page, our support crew responds to all tickets within 12-24 hours (sometimes minutes) on Mondays through Fridays. We also offer phone support via our toll-free line. It is now Sunday (less than 24 hours after submission of your original ticket), and you're getting a response. All is good. ;)

The download issue you have experienced appears to be a random glitch, which is highly unusual as theory11 - unlike any other magic site - uses premium CDN technology to deliver our downloads as quickly as possible. Outside factors such as your local connection, however, do come into play and as you know, as with all technology, glitches can happen. I apologize for the inconvenience and headache.

Nevertheless, I have reset and re-sent your download info, and you should be all good to go to try redownloading now. If you should experience any further issues, do not hesitate to contact our support crew at any time for assistance. Enjoy the downloads, and be sure to let us know what you think! Appreciate your support.

First, I would like to say that I apologize for mis-reading the customer service hours and response time on your site. I am sorry.

Thank you - thank you. :)

I would have been happy just to get am email from a *human* that told me that my issue would be resolved on Monday or Tuesday (or whenever). I just wanted a response, any human response to acknowledge that I exist and that they will respond to my issue when they can. Automated messages mean nothing to me (I've built applications that send out millions of those out every day) but I know that they are necessary.

Again I thank you. This will NOT be my last visit to Theory 11. It is now a permanent bookmark in my favorites.

Jun 14, 2009
Which browser is best to use for downloads?

Hi,

Have any of you seen better performance downloading from T11 using one browser over another?

I know that sometimes (may not be in this case) some browsers are better to use for downloading from the web than others. It sometimes depends on how the developer architected the web site.

You are correct. The router could have "hiccuped" for a moment thus giving me another IP. Definitely not T11's fault. We unfortunately live in a world where the actions of a minority affect the majority thus resulting in more and more security.

Thanks in advance.

May 18, 2008
Hi,

Have any of you seen better performance downloading from T11 using one browser over another?

I know that sometimes (may not be in this case) some browsers are better to use for downloading from the web than others. It sometimes depends on how the developer architected the web site.

You are correct. The router could have "hiccuped" for a moment thus giving me another IP. Definitely not T11's fault. We unfortunately live in a world where the actions of a minority affect the majority thus resulting in more and more security.

Thanks in advance.

I truly find that Firefox downloads it the best. Internet Explorer has a TERRIBLE time downloading these videos.

I don't think you can find a better website though (for magic or anything) that has better music or editing than Theory11.

Some of the best stuff in the magic community, great customer service. Still curious how they stay alive in this economy... ;)

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
Welcome to Theory11 man and bummer about your download problems. Sounds like all is well. As to respond about the "email from a human" I can personally attest to getting a contact email from a rep. personally dealing with the exact same issue as yours.

Never fear, theory11 is here. haha
~vintage

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results