Magic Table

i know what you mean by expanding your knowledge, i totally agree with you. but, cards have so many possibilities. why would you not need cards?

Not what I meant. Cards are tools to accomplish a means to an end as is any prop. Use the cards just expand yourself beyond just that. I know this guy that's a kick a@! card mechanic and his knowledge is un-heard of but his personality is a rock he always has a bad attitude and he only does cards with the exception of a few tricks (sponge balls & and a couple coin tricks) and he puts every idea anyone cpomes up with down. Now why am I telling you all this? His show becomes repetitive in the middle of his routine and he always loses that personal touch with audience. You can only do so many card tricks before its just that a card trick, there's no more magic to it the feelings lost. If you want repeat business you need to be remembered as a magician not a hustler do tricks.

May 12, 2009
Not what I meant. Cards are tools to accomplish a means to an end as is any prop. Use the cards just expand yourself beyond just that. I know this guy that's a kick a@! card mechanic and his knowledge is un-heard of but his personality is a rock he always has a bad attitude and he only does cards with the exception of a few tricks (sponge balls & and a couple coin tricks) and he puts every idea anyone cpomes up with down. Now why am I telling you all this? His show becomes repetitive in the middle of his routine and he always loses that personal touch with audience. You can only do so many card tricks before its just that a card trick, there's no more magic to it the feelings lost. If you want repeat business you need to be remembered as a magician not a hustler do tricks.
i get it :)

May 31, 2008

Exactly, that's why I'm trying to do less card magic.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Exactly, that's why I'm trying to do less card magic.

Just picking up everyday objects and playing with them can create tricks, I recently *cough*yesterday *cough* came up with a closeup 'linking rings' with paperclips. Still working out the kinks, but I have a method. Just working towards practicality and possibly a just as magical 'unlink'.

As for magic spaces...-looks for camera- three pictures, all of which will have fun facts.

The first picture's fun facts:
My Advocate is hiding behind the books
There is a dried out sharpie behind the cap'd one.
The little books attached thing has a full deck of cards :)

The second pictures fun facts:
That box cutter is only a week old
That button really does say 'I'm here to Party' and yes, I wear it to parties.
There are 27 decks of cards, 5 of which are unopened.
The brown lip at the top is actually the brim of a cowboy hat.

The third pictures fun facts:
The Dr Pepper is spiked (Captain Morgans)
The book isn't very good (but I keep on reading it...)
My laptop moves when I practice magic
The Ferrari was a gift, as was the brown hat
Those are Golden Oreo's
No I don't use them for 'Cookie Cutter'
The label on my coin jar (yellow sticker) says 'I AM COOL' (it doesn't have lowercase letters...)
I can't think of any more

Yes, I am bored. :)

-Rik

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results