Is this an illegal bootleg of Sleeping Queen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2009
I recently bid on some Magic DVDs a guy had on ebay. I won two, then I was e-mailed and told one of them wasn't available anymore.

The one that was sent is Sleeping Queens. I got it today. It came with no case. The label looks like it was printed on an inkjet. It has a white ring around the outside and the inside. It is rough to the touch, like an Avery or Staples inkjet label. The colors are very flat, no gloss at all. The readable side has all the tell-tale signs of a copy. It has a wide smooth ring around the outside. A blue ring on the inside. There are some numbers on the plastic on the inside edge. It says "PAPAIINB06084798."

Could someone with Sleeping Queens compare this to their copy?

I just did a check on "sellers other items." The guy has like twenty more auctions for Magic DVDs including all multiple copies of Daniel Garcia Project. Every auction says "no box." Then I looked at feedback. This guy has 56 feedbacks all for the same Magic DVDs over and over for the past two or three weeks.

I'm 99% sure this guy is selling illegal copies of DVDs from Ellusionist, Theory11, AOI, and others. I would just like to confirm it before I sound the alarm on him.

May 4, 2009
Sounds an awful lot like it. I don't have the DVD to compare though...
What is his seller name?

robert24601661 is his ebay username. I have his full name and address here, which I will be e-mailing to AOI, Ellusionist, Theory11, and Penguin Magic once I get confirmation that what I have is indeed a copy.

P8NTBALLDADDY

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2008
San Antonio, TX
This seller "robert24601661" is selling DVD+R copies. I purchased some Sankey dvd's from him and it showed DVD+R on them when they arrived. Also on the bids he had I did not win he offers second chance offers on all of them. Be sure to file complaints with Ebay.

May 4, 2009
This seller "robert24601661" is selling DVD+R copies. I purchased some Sankey dvd's from him and it showed DVD+R on them when they arrived. Also on the bids he had I did not win he offers second chance offers on all of them. Be sure to file complaints with Ebay.

Ok, thanks,

Jan 13, 2008
Just a note, please send a support ticket to the respective companies, as apposed to posts on the message board (now that the issue has pretty much been figured out). Not that there's anything wrong with posting about it on the message boards, but sending a support ticket gets the message directly to those who you're intending to inform. :)

P8NTBALLDADDY

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Ok, thanks,

Unfortunantly, I submitted positive feedback when it arrived. I got the package while I was at my computer opened it saw they were in there (without case as stated) It wasn't till I went to watch them I noticed the DVD+R on them. I am all for burning backup's of all my dvd's on my CPU I will even sell DVD's on Ebay when it sits to long on my shelf but I would never sell copies or knock-offs.

P8NTBALLDADDY

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Just a note, please send a support ticket to the respective companies, as apposed to posts on the message board (now that the issue has pretty much been figured out). Not that there's anything wrong with posting about it on the message boards, but sending a support ticket gets the message directly to those who you're intending to inform. :)

I beleive the issue was the originator of this post was trying to figure out if he received copies or not. Problem solved. No harm done.

May 4, 2009

I fully intend too. I just wanted to confirm before if did so. Just in case. I didn't want to e-mail all these companies and be wrong and look like a numnutz.

May 4, 2009
Unfortunantly, I submitted positive feedback when it arrived. I got the package while I was at my computer opened it saw they were in there (without case as stated) It wasn't till I went to watch them I noticed the DVD+R on them. I am all for burning backup's of all my dvd's on my CPU I will even sell DVD's on Ebay when it sits to long on my shelf but I would never sell copies or knock-offs.

I'm trying to leave negative feedback right now and it won't let me. Ebay feedback is such a joke.

Jan 13, 2008
I beleive the issue was the originator of this post was trying to figure out if he received copies or not. Problem solved. No harm done.
I realize that--I meant as a next step (hence the "now that the issue has pretty much been figured out" included in my post).

Valhalla: That's good; I was just making sure you knew the correct avenue to go, since a lot of people don't, heh. :)

May 4, 2009
I realize that--I meant as a next step (hence the "now that the issue has pretty much been figured out" included in my post).

Valhalla: That's good; I was just making sure you knew the correct avenue to go, since a lot of people don't, heh. :)

I filed a complaint with paypal also. The guy just e-mail me playing dumb. Saying he has a guy that drops ships them and was unaware any were bootlegs. Yeah Right! :rolleyes:

I recently bid on some Magic DVDs a guy had on ebay. I won two, then I was e-mailed and told one of them wasn't available anymore.

The one that was sent is Sleeping Queens. I got it today. It came with no case. The label looks like it was printed on an inkjet. It has a white ring around the outside and the inside. It is rough to the touch, like an Avery or Staples inkjet label. The colors are very flat, no gloss at all. The readable side has all the tell-tale signs of a copy. It has a wide smooth ring around the outside. A blue ring on the inside. There are some numbers on the plastic on the inside edge. It says "PAPAIINB06084798."

Could someone with Sleeping Queens compare this to their copy?

I just did a check on "sellers other items." The guy has like twenty more auctions for Magic DVDs including all multiple copies of Daniel Garcia Project. Every auction says "no box." Then I looked at feedback. This guy has 56 feedbacks all for the same Magic DVDs over and over for the past two or three weeks.

I'm 99% sure this guy is selling illegal copies of DVDs from Ellusionist, Theory11, AOI, and others. I would just like to confirm it before I sound the alarm on him.
technically you got it on e-bay which is the enternet version of a bargain basement store...you obviously wanted the DVD without going to Ellusionist, or any of those site in which you noted.

what i'm saying is, you wanted a cheaper price than any legit store sell it for, which is in itself underhanded, so if this seller is giving you all of the contents that the orginal DVD has, then you should have no complaints because if you expect real stuff, buy it from the companies that you know sell the real deal...

deep down, if you are gonna call him guilty, then so are you. don't get mad at this seller for doing business. You can't expect gold from a bum on the streets and expect to pay less for it. Life don't work that way, and people don't work that way.

Thats just like downloading movies and music and expect to get the same quality thats on the real album...GO AND BUY IT FROM THE REAL STORES!!! You were obviously up to something, if not, you would have went to E or Penguin.

You got the DVD, the method, In his/her case, the cover, what else do you want???

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
aJohnson pretty much summed up what I was going to say too. Buying magic related DVDs on eBay is very common now, bearing in mind the ridiculous shipping expenses large companies like Ellusionist and Theory11 charge if you live abroad, eBay's a useful tool.

Nothing illegal about the purchase of said products at all.

-Sam H

Mar 12, 2009
Why would you even want to buy magic DVD's on Ebay?! It's just stupid..
And you say that it says "No cover" on the page. Well, then why buy it? Doesn't that strike you as maybe just a liiitle bit fishy??
Why not buy it from the real stores? As Cedril said, obviously you were "up to something"..
PS.: Always check the sellers reputation, reliability, and other auctions/items..

Sorry if I've doubled posted here, but why is selling DVDs on eBay illegal? If it was, it would be dealt with.

Type "DVD" into an eBay search, and find out how many results are returned.

Interesting.

-Sam H
i've gotten e-bay DVD's mainly sports....however, the point in which i'm getting across, is that the only thing that the buyer has claims to is false advertisement, being that the picture of which was posted by the seller was the real deal.

other than that, he has no complaints that will get any action taken....only Dan Hauss/PaperCrane, and maybe a few other companies has legal rights....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results