Lazy Rise by Chris Mayhew

Nov 10, 2007
It was very good, but, Sean_Raf from the forums pointed out a very interesting point to me a few months ago when I showed him a phase of Ambitious card. I completely agree with it, others may not here it is:
When doing an Ambitious routine and you place there signed card in the center of the deck, there is no need to show the top card, as it is not going to be their card, I mean after-all why would it be there card, because you just put it in the center of the deck. Instead he told me to just hold the deck by my middle finger and thumb very cleanly and turn my hand upside down and back up very naturally. Then do your magical move and show it on top. In my opinion it makes much more since.
Any opinions on this:
- Donald

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
It was very good, but, Sean_Raf from the forums pointed out a very interesting point to me a few months ago when I showed him a phase of Ambitious card. I completely agree with it, others may not here it is:
When doing an Ambitious routine and you place there signed card in the center of the deck, there is no need to show the top card, as it is not going to be their card, I mean after-all why would it be there card, because you just put it in the center of the deck. Instead he told me to just hold the deck by my middle finger and thumb very cleanly and turn my hand upside down and back up very naturally. Then do your magical move and show it on top. In my opinion it makes much more since.
Any opinions on this:
- Donald

A good point that I never really thought about. It does add quite a visual subtlety, though. (Did I just say "a visual subtlety"?)

I liked the performance Michael, and the effect. Well performed, keep it up! :)

-Sam H

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results