The Virts' "Gambit" Video

Mistake in Virts Gambit Video

If any of you are watching the virts new video "What Gambit should've been" Pay close attention at 44 seconds. When he does the anacoda dribble you will notice that the cards are tally ho circle backs, and when he finishes he dribble they are red bicylce rider backs.

Just thought this was interesting.

Awesome video Virts.

-Dan

http://digg.com/users/GCarden

Guys, I think you should read this...:(

This guy named GCarden, I believe said that we violated the rules or whatever on Digg, you can check it up on the link up there ^. You can see the comments on his recent activity or whatever it is. Don't know what's going to happen next.:(

Help us out with the comments by raising them up, if they show good comments! Because I think that *cough* jerk, I mean the GCarden guy, put all negatives for the comments.

May 31, 2008
http://digg.com/users/GCarden

Guys, I think you should read this...:(

This guy named GCarden, I believe said that we violated the rules or whatever on Digg, you can check it up on the link up there ^. You can see the comments on his recent activity or whatever it is. Don't know what's going to happen next.:(

Help us out with the comments by raising them up, if they show good comments! Because I think that *cough* jerk, I mean the GCarden guy, put all negatives for the comments.

We did not break the rules. The Virts did not bribe us to digg the video. They simply said that if you like the video and want it to get more exposure, you should digg it. He has false information. He thinks because the accounts were created today and yesterday that they are fake. As we all know, they are not fake, and we really do digg the video.

We did not break the rules. The Virts did not bribe us to digg the video. They simply said that if you like the video and want it to get more exposure, you should digg it. He has false information. He thinks because the accounts were created today and yesterday that they are fake. As we all know, they are not fake, and we really do digg the video.

Alright, hope that GCarden didn't "report" it or anything.

But put up the positivies in the comments! Someone keeps on putting negatives!

Last edited by a moderator:
now there seem to be ppl trying to lower the ratings on the comments of the Gambit video, so that they do not show up .. everyone that has an account on digg go on there and give each other a thumbs up on the comments or they will eventually silence all the comments.

-Abe

now there seem to be ppl trying to lower the ratings on the comments of the Gambit video, so that they do not show up .. everyone that has an account on digg go on there and give each other a thumbs up on the comments or they will eventually silence all the comments.

-Abe

Yep, that's what I was trying to say!:D
Come on guys! The comments are still negative for somer reason! We can turn this around! :D

May 31, 2008
In hopes of clearing things up with Digg.com, I sent an e-mail concerning the video. This is exactly what it looked like:

"I am not here to report terms of use violation; I am here to report something NOT violating the terms of use. Many people seem to think that this video was falsely dugg by fake accounts:

http://digg.com/movies/X_men_Origins_What_Gambit_should_have_been_video

This is not true, although all of the accounts were created today they are not fake accounts created by the video poster. They are all real accounts that are fans of the Virts. The Virts are a group of three incredibly skilled playing card flourishers.

Let me elaborate on the video,

The video was posted on Youtube about a week ago. Marvel Entertainment removed it unfairly for copyright infringement claims. However the video should NOT have been removed. The video qualified for "fair use." According to the fair use law, three minutes or 10% (whichever is less) of a movie can be used shared fairly without permission from the creator of the content.

Anyway, soon after posting the video it became very popular in the playing card flourishing community. When the video was removed there were many emails sent to the Virts inquiring about the video. Yesterday, the Virts sent out an e-mail saying that the video would be posted to Vimeo.com. They also mentioned that if you like the video, you should digg it via digg.com. Upon hearing this, many fans of the Virts created accounts so that they could make the art of playing card flourishing more popular.

Almost 200 people have dugg the video so far, however it has not been featured on the homepage. Why, because the accounts are thought to be fake.

I can assure you that the accounts are real, different people. If you don't believe me, you can check the IP addresses. I guarantee that they will be different.

I hope that we can get past this, and make the video popular like it deserves. We have gotten many hate comments saying that we were violating the TOS. I fail to see how digging a video you like is in violation of the terms of service.

I hope you get time to read this and see that many people including myself like the video.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!"

Sep 1, 2007
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services with the intention of artificially inflating or altering the 'digg count', comments, or any other Digg service, including by way of creating separate user accounts for the purpose of artificially altering Digg's services; giving or receiving money or other remuneration in exchange for votes; or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of Digg's services...

So yeah, it actually was against the rules.

The video is still the coolest flourishing video in a long time. Can't wait for more stuff from the Virts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results