Official // CCC Team Formations // Thread

Yea Wilson said it, no need for any hostility, if someone wants to join don't discourage them. RDC, I doubt the guy is entering to come first place, he's entering to be part of a competition and part of the community, let him have some fun.

No one's trying to discourage him, they're trying to get him to slow down and practice more, without jumping in over his head, which seems to be what he's know for lately. I understand wanting to have fun, but when does it go from wanting to have fun, to a lack of respect for the art?

May 31, 2008
If anyone is interested in loosing I'll join your team! Yes, I'm kidding.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the contest entries. I love watching cardistry videos. Make sure that you guys practice your flourishes and that you use only the best shots, that's the only advice I can give as I know nothing about cardistry.

Also, why is it that experienced flourishers tend to be somewhat mean to newer flourishers. I'm not saying this is true for everyone, but I see it happen a lot. Shouldn't you guys help the (hate this word) "n00bs."

Good luck to everybody!

Sep 1, 2007
No one's trying to discourage him, they're trying to get him to slow down and practice more, without jumping in over his head, which seems to be what he's know for lately. I understand wanting to have fun, but when does it go from wanting to have fun, to a lack of respect for the art?

"Mmm, I actually was expecting better, but really, practice more and compete next year, choppy J5 and slow mo charlier-like cuts are nowhere near the level of some of this guys flourishes."

hmm idk man that sounds like a discouragement to me but yeah I know that he is just trying to help but at the same time that comment is directed to discourage that person from entering the ccc

anyways: "I understand wanting to have fun, but when does it go from wanting to have fun, to a lack of respect for the art?"

man, you take playing with a bunch of cardboards too seriously. i think thats where our respective views differ. you take cardistry way to seriously and that there should only be a limit to having fun and one should practice hard before entering a competition just because there are other people that are on a higher level.

in your opinion, how much fun is considered "disrespecting the art" ?

Jan 27, 2008
I didn't get that at all either. To me it looks like the people telling him not to enter are just trying to feel superior because they have a few more months of experience; trust me, telling him not to enter isn't 'protecting' him from anything. Experience isn't completely the case for this contest, it's about putting effort in to come out with a good video.
Last year Justin and Bowen came 2nd to dimitri, who'd only been flourishing around 2 years. I'm not saying magiclemonbird is gonna win but there isn't any harm in participating, I can't see how, in any way, it's disrespecting the art.

When your telling him not to enter and there isn't a substantial skill difference between you and him, it comes off as you have a superiority complex.

Jan 27, 2008
It was actually Jaspas and Bowen;)

Also guys, if you want to continue your discussion do it through pms. THis thread is for making teams and choosing partner.

One more thing. A quick reminder that info on the CCC will be released tonight.
Actually Justin is his real name, as 'Jaspas Deck' clearly isn't a real name.

Oh ya tipz: your about 10x better off flourishing with someone in person than you are by webcam collabing. Once again, last years vids, the top 3 were all meet ups, and having a camera man helps.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
I didn't get that at all either. To me it looks like the people telling him not to enter are just trying to feel superior because they have a few more months of experience; trust me, telling him not to enter isn't 'protecting' him from anything. Experience isn't completely the case for this contest, it's about putting effort in to come out with a good video.
Agreed, but it's kinda hard to hold back when the person has the personality of a wrabber (unintentionally) :(

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Correction:: Garry is 4 people... and the max limit is 3, sorry Garry, better luck next time man.

No I keed, EVERYONE is encouraged to participate, people of all skill level. I understand where some people are coming from in wanting to let the guys who have been doing this for years to compete; however... we all learn by trying, if we never try, we'd never get good. Don't be a politician, get out there and make it happn' capn'

-Andrei Jikh

May 31, 2008
Correction:: Garry is 4 people... and the max limit is 3, sorry Garry, better luck next time man.

No I keed, EVERYONE is encouraged to participate, people of all skill level. I understand where some people are coming from in wanting to let the guys who have been doing this for years to compete; however... we all learn by trying, if we never try, we'd never get good. Don't be a politician, get out there and make it happn' capn'

-Andrei Jikh

Agreed, I think me and two other members who don't flourish should make a team! Just for the fun of it. We'll have the absolute worst video ever, but who cares, it'll be fun right? Good luck to everyone who actually knows how to flourish.

-Andrei Jikh

My bird is 5 people because of her mad skilllzzzzz. She knows how to flourish...

But actually, she likes to rip my cards and picks them up and flys away. No kidding...she then flies away to a higher area in the house where she likes to hang out a lot. lol It's so funny!:D

She can do the infinity sequence..................WITH HER FEET!!! Take that Garry.:p

Dec 30, 2008
I would be happy to edit for someone. I have Pinnacle Studio 12 wich is high quality editing software. :D

Sep 1, 2007
Canada

-Andrei Jikh

What if I hack off one of my arms?

I do hope a lot of people participate! I think this contest should place a major emphasis on creativity and how effective each member interact with their teammates, for example: the transition between each people in HL Kickass 2 or the combination of Adam's and Steve's moves in 48 Dumplings.

This would surely promote innovation among many practitioners of cardistry, thus pushing the art another step further. Also, you don't require years of experience to be really creative, which means everyone has a relatively equal chance of winning! :D

EDIT:
She can do the infinity sequence..................WITH HER FEET!!! Take that Garry.:p

I can do the Backpack Cut with my genitalia. Can your bird top that? :p

-Garry

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
"Mmm, I actually was expecting better, but really, practice more and compete next year, choppy J5 and slow mo charlier-like cuts are nowhere near the level of some of this guys flourishes."

hmm idk man that sounds like a discouragement to me but yeah I know that he is just trying to help but at the same time that comment is directed to discourage that person from entering the ccc

anyways: "I understand wanting to have fun, but when does it go from wanting to have fun, to a lack of respect for the art?"

man, you take playing with a bunch of cardboards too seriously. i think thats where our respective views differ. you take cardistry way to seriously and that there should only be a limit to having fun and one should practice hard before entering a competition just because there are other people that are on a higher level.

in your opinion, how much fun is considered "disrespecting the art" ?

Im going to be clear with you...

When I said before "well looks, like you havent been in the forums lately"

its because we have been nice to that guy, we have watched his videos we have praised him, we have been some cool dudes with him, the problem here it's that he still does the same annoying things that we have told him (in a nice manner) in the past, things that we kidnly asked him to fix, and the only answer we get its "ok, i'll record something better" "ok, i'll practice" the thing is, if we are being this "rude" its because the guy hasnt listened to us so far...

I hope that you understand now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results