David Stone's - Window

Mar 29, 2009
It seems he's going to show this live at the FISM. I'll wait for some review, but this guy is with no doubt my favourite magician (he's an amazing performer).

May 1, 2009
UK
Window

It looks very good especially the end climax (Color Change), this is what sets this apart from the rest of the Card Thru Window effects.

May 12, 2009
i really like the change at the end but the tape holding up the card on the other side of the window makes the effect a little bit less magical

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2007
hmm. i'm interested, but I'm not a fan of most gimmicks. so i guess this is all going to boil down to reviews for me....

Apr 1, 2009
California
Honestly, if I were him, I would have never released this. This is so beautifully choreographed from the looks of it. I almost cried. I could possibly get a career off of it.

Is there anyway for me to hide this from anyone else thinking of buying it?

Outside buying every copy.

:p

May 31, 2008
Very cool, but it's very expensive, and I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore SINGLE card effects.

I'm torn with this one, it's so cool! Yet so expensive!

Sep 2, 2007
Very cool, but it's very expensive, and I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore SINGLE card effects.

I'm torn with this one, it's so cool! Yet so expensive!

well,m it includes a change. so TECHNICALLY it's not a 'single' card effect ;)

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
It comes with a gimmick and most Card through Window effects are like 300 bucks or more and require a special bizarre set up. So this is good that it doesn't.

I'd get it but I've got a few other things on my list for now, so hopefully it'll still in stock by October when I can afford it.

May 31, 2008
It comes with a gimmick and most Card through Window effects are like 300 bucks or more and require a special bizarre set up. So this is good that it doesn't.

That's true, but I use "Angle Zero" by Daniel Madison as a card-through-window effect. I stick on the other side with a really small amount of Vaseline.

im impressed, but only to a point,
first of all, i am not sure if it is a card thru window effect, they say so, but i dont see once where the card is put behind the glass.
Also in the demo, when he first has the card behind the glass, he has a red deck, the card behind the window is blue.
So im not sure what thats about.
i guess we'll see when someone picks it up and gives us an honest review and not some suck up review saying that this trick is great, i want to know if someone will actually use it in real life

Kaos, now thats a real worker for someone. its simple, easy, basically NO clean up needed.
just some confidence in what you are doing.

also ive done basic card thru window, where someone goes and sticks it to the window, thats more of a worker too.
even a set up card can be a worker.

this seems like you have to already have the card set up. which is alright.
also i dont like the tape too much. yea its a rugged innocent idea, but still, card thru window with tape? where is the magic in that?

i guess we'll see it.
im sure if stone and bertrand like it, it should be halfway decent. but then again, there are a lot of nice looking effects that are neat but very very impractical. frozen for an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 1, 2009
California
That's what sold me. Cause no matter what leads up to that, the change looks magical. And that alone gives it possible flowing lead ins (not that it needs one).

May 31, 2008
im impressed, but only to a point,
first of all, i am not sure if it is a card thru window effect, they say so, but i dont see once where the card is put behind the glass.
Also in the demo, when he first has the card behind the glass, he has a red deck, the card behind the window is blue.
So im not sure what thats about.
i guess we'll see when someone picks it up and gives us an honest review and not some suck up review saying that this trick is great, i want to know if someone will actually use it in real life

Kaos, now thats a real worker for someone. its simple, easy, basically NO clean up needed.
just some confidence in what you are doing.

also ive done basic card thru window, where someone goes and sticks it to the window, thats more of a worker too.
even a set up card can be a worker.

this seems like you have to already have the card set up. which is alright.
also i dont like the tape too much. yea its a rugged innocent idea, but still, card thru window with tape? where is the magic in that?

i guess we'll see it.
im sure if stone and bertrand like it, it should be halfway decent. but then again, there are a lot of nice looking effects that are neat but very very impractical. frozen for an example.

It's sort of hard to tell by the trailer, but I have a few theories of what goes on:

1. The magician begins by taping a random card on a window. The magician then has a spectator select a card from a deck. The card is held in the magician's hand, and he/she walks over to the window with the random card. He/She waves the card over the random card and they change places.

2. The magician has a spectator choose a card. The magician proceeds to make the card vanish, and a random card appears taped to a window. The magician is awestruck that the card is not the selected card. He/She waves his hand over the window and it changes to the selected card.

The page says that the DVD includes six routines, so these are just guesses about two of them. They make the most sense to me.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The problem with most Card through window effects is that they cost 300 bucks and require an advanced set up. From what I have read is that this just takes 5 seconds to set up, and if you want you could present it like a prediction effect turned pure magic.

You simply say that the card is your prediction, have it facing away, the glass is pretty much making it 100% sleight of hand/trickery proof. You do the rest of the routine and then do the color change behind the glass.

I also don't like how other effects have you splatter the card at the window... I think that kind of looks lame and don't like the idea of having to clean up the cards. Tho maybe that could be one of the effects on the DVD as well.

As for it being practical.. David Stone is known as one of the best Restaurant magicians out there. So anything he gets behind is going to be extremely practical.

i have some theorys, but they all end with the card having to be switched to show.
but if any of my thoughts are correct, then this should be an easy trick that you'll be able to perform in a few minutes. but again, presentation is the key.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Once I wathed the demo I was speechless.

This was the look on my face>:eek:

A tad expensive though, but not really my cup of tea, but I'm having second thoughts about getting this though, but we'll see.

V.

May 31, 2008
I just bit the bullet and bought it. It should arrive by Monday (I live close to E headquarters.) I'll try to answer your guys' questions once I watch the DVD.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Yeah you do, but the beauty of it is that you can do more than just card through window with it. So it's technically not a single effect DVD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results