Does anybody work restaurants?

Jun 28, 2009
Hey, hows it going i am just wondering if anybody does restaurant magic? because i have a quick question about prices. so if you do work restaurants please reply :D. Thanks!

-Peter

Jul 8, 2008
Wow CHris ur charging WAAAY too little! lol. That amount of work can pay like 300 bucks lol. DOn't be afraid to tell them you want more...eheheheh

yea ive heard that.
but its a cheap place. and its my first job.
so i dont mind at all.
this year in buffalo i hope to get a job somewhere doin magic (and buffalo has more money then where i am) so i'll make more. but this is my first time. and i dont want to charge too much.
also i work for them (in the kitchen) so i dont want to get fired either lol. but next summer hopefully magic is all i'll do for work.

the general rule of thumb is you charge 3 times what the most expensive meal on the menu is.
i get 33 dollars an hour usualy. and the most expencive thing on the menue is about 17-19, so i get about 2x the most expensive.
not bad tho.
what i want to do is get more than one resturant to perform at. so i could make 300 a week easily. which will be plenty for my summer job where i usulay get 150 a week. working every day of the week basicaly

Jun 28, 2009
thanks a lot guys that really helped :D and btw im not sure if i will be table hopping or performing in front of everybody lol i have to wait to figure out where i get hired :p

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Can anyone share the experience, what is the difference between street and restaurant magic

Where you perform it. Street magic is on the street, usually standing. Restaurant magic is, well, at a restaurant...usually at a table. Standing vs table will affect SOME tricks.

Also, on the street, you have the potential of being completely surrounded with more people popping in during your routine, while at a restaurant, it's just the table you are working at.

(of course, this post is assuming you are table hopping)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results