Erdnase colour change

Oct 13, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm completely new at card magic and wanted to learn the Erdnase (or Houdini) colour change, but I'm not sure with which part of my hand the secound card should be pulled back.

I'm also not sure if I'm aloud to ask questions like this, but If I'm not...delete it.

Hope for some answers,
muhazz ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 13, 2007
oh damn ^^
I'm not a native speaker, but mistakes like this one are not usal, though :rolleyes:

Are you sure about the difference betwenn Houdini and Erdnase? I read that they're equal a few times...but actually it doesn't really care. I meant the erdnase change.

And now back to my question. Is it really the palm and not the finger pad or the heel of the hand? I need an exact answer because it changes a lot for me...

Sep 2, 2007
wtf is wrong with you dont post again.

first you try to post a cobra tut and now this.

Muhazz you can't post questions like this.

Oct 13, 2007
Right HeTaL, and basic tricks like erdnase are revealed on youtube 100times, so you can't expose here more than it's already done.
But the quality of that tuts on youtube is...u know?

But I think this discussion drifts off topic. No, I don't think, I'm sure and it doesn't only drift ;)
So back to topic please...my question was, with which part of my hand I should pull the secound card back. The finger taps or the heel of my hand? Or really the palm?

So, I still hope for answers ;)
muhazz

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Heel, and I really don't think this is quite exposure. Well, the one poster who detailed more that what was being asked (while not really even answering the question, lol) was exposure, but tips on fine points like this are not anything to worry about, IMO.

It's like asking how big should my brief be when dealing strike seconds. Answering that question gives no indication of how to actually do the move in question, it just helps those who already know how to do it.

WDF

Oct 12, 2007
Nashville NC
I would have to say the most convinceable erdnase when done correctly is the one Justin Miller teaches on the Army of 52 DVD. It gives it such a clean look and looks amazing. This is the one of two sleights I use in my personal ACR.

Study how Oz Pearlman does his change in the Nemesis demo. It's one of the best I've seen.very convincing.

Just practice in front of a mirror. Also, when you push up the card make sure it's invisible. Most people make the move very obvious.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys (and Gals),

I edited some posts to remove exposure.

Whether it's the Erdnase color change or it's Digital Panic, try to keep it method-free, as, though many people many know the sleight, exposure is exposure.

Thanks,

JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results