The Debunking of Camera Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2007
Well think about it. A instant teleportation. No cuts I revealed that method on my forum. Its a person that looks similar to me not a cut. Also a portable battery powered light behind the first tree. So as I said before there arent or has never been any camera editing on my current channel.

That's not the method that was used for the video and that is why lots of us confronted it.

Several facts about the video in question, which sadly is not longer posted so that people can know the truth.

1. The light source (the sun) was coming from behind and to the left of the camera.

2. There were two trees, in which Lamont approached the tree on the right of the frame and seemingly transported to the tree on the left of the frame.

3. Lamont's shadow while he was behind the tree on the right could easily be seen. It was there and in a millisecond it was gone, when he supposedly vanished/the cut took place.

4. The shadow reappeared behind the tree on the left in an instant and Lamont came out from behind the tree.

It was blatant editing Lamont and you can't fool actual magicians (maybe you can fool YouTube magicians). But, as me and other people confronting you on this brings theses types of thread to a frenzy, I will no longer be posting.

Hopefully this thread will just get lost.

Tyler

M

Mystifier1

I have a question.

Why do you care so much about people thinking you have camera editing and why did you do it in the first place? There are a ton of effects out there that you can do and still look good that don't require editing or anything that makes you like a super hero.

I may have sped the camera up in that one video but neve cut the camera or did any advance editing. Tally Ho was just trying to make me look bad and may have done just that. Notice he hasn't posted in this thread since. I care because I work hard on my stuff and for some to say it is editing just bothers me.

M

Mystifier1

That's not the method that was used for the video and that is why lots of us confronted it.

Several facts about the video in question, which sadly is not longer posted so that people can know the truth.

1. The light source (the sun) was coming from behind and to the left of the camera.

2. There were two trees, in which Lamont approached the tree on the right of the frame and seemingly transported to the tree on the left of the frame.

3. Lamont's shadow while he was behind the tree on the right could easily be seen. It was there and in a millisecond it was gone, when he supposedly vanished/the cut took place.

4. The shadow reappeared behind the tree on the left in an instant and Lamont came out from behind the tree.

It was blatant editing Lamont and you can't fool actual magicians (maybe you can fool YouTube magicians). But, as me and other people confronting you on this brings theses types of thread to a frenzy, I will no longer be posting.

Hopefully this thread will just get lost.

Tyler

Thats where your wrong becuase thats what the lights where for to make it seem like its the sun. You can believe what you will.

Now back on topic with the video posted.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I may have sped the camera up in that one video but neve cut the camera or did any advance editing. Tally Ho was just trying to make me look bad and may have done just that. Notice he hasn't posted in this thread since. I care because I work hard on my stuff and for some to say it is editing just bothers me.

Well it doesn't matter if you changed or not. The first impression people got from your videos was video editing. Due to the intro's and everything else. First Impressions last a life time.

M

Mystifier1

Well it doesn't matter if you changed or not. The first impression people got from your videos was video editing. Due to the intro's and everything else. First Impressions last a life time.

Yes it does and some people are stuck in the past. I have gotten insulted many times and have forgot and forgave which it seems like some cant do.

Apr 1, 2009
California
camera editing can either look cool or be very annoying, depending on how you use it. so in general, I don't have a problem with it. I get really annoyed when people have the "Continuous Shot" or reminder that there is no editing involved in the shot, because obviously that brings up suspicion. Camera editing for magic is sort of like Autotune for music. It can be really cool when used in the right context, very annoying when used as an excuse for lack of talent. Something is wrong with your presentation or whatever if you in fact are not using camera editing and people are incredibly suspicious that you are. no matter how miraculous the effect is.

M

Mystifier1

They suspect editing becuase I do illusions on the street. Generally not live either. Editing was always the excuse becuase they were fooled no matter what they say. I never performed them live becuase I never thought I had to or I was performing during the winter in which no one is really out side when its about 20 degrees. They may sound like excuses but it is the truth.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
They suspect editing becuase I do illusions on the street. Generally not live either. Editing was always the excuse becuase they were fooled no matter what they say. I never performed them live becuase I never thought I had to or I was performing during the winter in which no one is really out side when its about 20 degrees. They may sound like excuses but it is the truth.

We should be discussing magic theory, presentation, not your poor attempts of justifying yourself. Im reporting this thread.

M

Mystifier1

Go ahead only one or two people really gave me feed back the rest were just making accusations.

Apr 1, 2009
California
To each his own really. I figure, he's making his case, stands by it. who are we to judge him for not taking to the street as much as one should. or shouldn't. This is his vision of what magic should be, and in my opinion, since mine differs to a degree, there's less competition now for my vision. that's not meant to sound mean or condescending. I'm not condoning not taking advice, but if you don't, that's your choice. Like it's been said, you have improved, so something must have happened. we all have our views.....................

May 12, 2009
i don't know why everyone is getting mad at you for using camera cuts in your earlier videos. you change as a magician.i know i have. i bet almost everyone has had the temptation to use camera cuts in your videos when you where starting out to impress people. anyway good video

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Hey Lamont, listen - to me, it makes no difference whether or not you have used, or are using camera edits. Realistically - you're only 'best seasoned' and such on Youtube, which is not much to brag about.

However, I will say that I like how you don't back down; granted, maybe for the wrong reasons, but you don't anyways. Good on you.

So what I want you to hear, is that I think you should stop making these videos for...say, 2 months. Watch classics of film, and go to vimeo.com and watch a few non-magic related professional videos, go to a local film institution, ask around - meet with seasoned people.

Absorb.

Absorb everything you can, the intros, the commentary, the music, the shifts - everything.

Learn.

Learn from all you see.

You're not Criss Angel, and you do know that. What I really want to see is Lamont. I'm up for talking about styles and performance, as well as a heap of ideas - Just shoot me a PM or something - I'm just about always open. You would win what you most want - respect from here - If you took a deep breath and found yourself.

Your own hand motions,

own way of speaking,

you.

I wholeheartedly approve of the improvements since you first came here, and I do think well of them. Starting with your own creations is awesome - but now, you have to concentrate on the person we will be watching.

Think of this:

A paint brush is only as good as the painter behind it.

Rock on;

G

Jan 28, 2009
Aren't these threads just a means used by a middling magician to get his pathetic views count on YouTube up?

After all people here are watching this video of his.

The arrogance on display disturbs me enormously. He's not here to absorb anything. He just wants heat so people click on his crummy videos and we all indulge him. Why bother?

M

Mystifier1

Hey Lamont, listen - to me, it makes no difference whether or not you have used, or are using camera edits. Realistically - you're only 'best seasoned' and such on Youtube, which is not much to brag about.

However, I will say that I like how you don't back down; granted, maybe for the wrong reasons, but you don't anyways. Good on you.

So what I want you to hear, is that I think you should stop making these videos for...say, 2 months. Watch classics of film, and go to vimeo.com and watch a few non-magic related professional videos, go to a local film institution, ask around - meet with seasoned people.

Absorb.

Absorb everything you can, the intros, the commentary, the music, the shifts - everything.

Learn.

Learn from all you see.

You're not Criss Angel, and you do know that. What I really want to see is Lamont. I'm up for talking about styles and performance, as well as a heap of ideas - Just shoot me a PM or something - I'm just about always open. You would win what you most want - respect from here - If you took a deep breath and found yourself.

Your own hand motions,

own way of speaking,

you.

I wholeheartedly approve of the improvements since you first came here, and I do think well of them. Starting with your own creations is awesome - but now, you have to concentrate on the person we will be watching.

Think of this:

A paint brush is only as good as the painter behind it.

Rock on;

G

I pmed you.

Hey Ya'll, SOCK IT TO ME!! hopefully the family guy fans will get that and laugh...

Lamont, I understand you want to make the switch, but when you have lied before it is hard to believe. I dont see why you posted this video.

Here it is. The point of this video is to hopefully stop camera editing on youtube. I thought that if people knew how it was done then the people doing it would stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLA928YPFa0

You can't let people stop doing camera editing with a simple thread. Also, why stop it? Its an art by itself and its nothing bad. Its like saying to stop all tricks that start with "L".

D

Deleted member 2755

My apologies for locking and not posting. A distraction came up after I locked it and I forgot to post. Anyway, this thread is locked for as usual..... Obvious reasons.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results