Tip about AFI from the Avenue DVD

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
Just a little tip I figured out...

Whoever knows the trick AFI (from the Avenue DVD by Dorian Rhodell), it can be done without using the double-backed card, by simply reversing the bottom card and during the spread making sure you don't flash.
This is an advantage since it allows you to end clean after the trick, or move into it with minimal setup after a different impromptu trick.

Hope you have fun with this trick! I only recently learned it, but enjoy it and the method very much.

AFI...can you refresh my memory?

What is it all about? My dvd seems to be...out of place. :p

G
Its an inversion routine that uses a gaffed card. I never liked this particular version for 2 reason:

1) Nothing new from an effect standpoint.

2) I think the use of the gaffed card can be much more subtle. I think the main thing about it here is that its a magician fooler, but then again, the sleight used will not fly by magicians unless its executed very well

There are just alot of inversion routine to give this routine a consideration. The only novel thing is the use of the gaffed card, and even that is the kind of thing I wont be surprised if alot of magicians experimented with already.

Its a nice DVD but this trick falls compared to many other versions.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
As Dorian himself points out, it's "another f****** inversion!"

I'm just not a fan of the plot i'm afraid, still a cracking DVD though.

Jan 8, 2009
This is soooooooo flippin old and obvious...

He was just advertising the S&M decks.. lol.

Arent you like 6 months late..

Sorry to be so harsh.. but still bro..

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
This is soooooooo flippin old and obvious...

He was just advertising the S&M decks.. lol.

Arent you like 6 months late..

Sorry to be so harsh.. but still bro..
I only saw it now. I don't buy/download every DVD the moment it comes out.

I'd be 6 months late if you would have pointed this 'so flippin old and obvious' fact out 6 months ago, but since you didn't I guess I am still on time brother! peace. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results