Making a deck of cards last longer? feel smoother for spreads etc..

Hey guys.

Recent bad experiences in the feel of a deck of cards have come to me. Basically what I'm trying to say is... How can I make a deck of cards last longer? any deck such as Tally Ho's, Bicycle's, Split Spades etc etc.. Any Deck. What I mean is how can I maintain a smooth finish and not a sticky one. A finish that will be able to cut well, flourish well, spring, dribble, fan and spread. I can't be bothered going through the process of fan powder because this will only help the fanning. I want an overall good finish of a deck.

So if you can give me any tips what so ever on how to maintain the good quality of the deck of cards. As a flourisher my self, I should be knowing this but in general my decks become quite sticky like the Wynn finish but I just love the original feel of a deck of Tally Ho's.

Thanks,

Nikhil Kumar :)

May 3, 2008
Card Clips are really helpful but I do one thing that REALLY helps the cards. Buy a few packs and work with one until it starts to feel like it's clumping up. Then open another and use that one until that starts to clump up and repeat this. The main reason the cards clump up is from the moisture of your hands. If you let the cards sit in a dry spot while you're not using them for a few days or weeks or however long you want they'll dry out. And try to keep your hands dry and clean when you deal with them.

-Charlie

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
TWO WORDS:

FANNING POWDER!

Ever since i started using fanning powder, my decks' lifetime has increased tenfold. My bikes used to only last 1 week. Now my bikes can usually last me a month!

It's a miracle isnt it?

Oct 11, 2007
I have a couple of decks that I use anywhere and the rest I wash my ahnds before using...these decks have lastd me almost 2 years! Just wash your hands and cycle decks too like penguincdude said and you will get the full life out of your cards!

Nov 14, 2007
Mexico City
I have found that putting the deck in a Porper clip AND inside and empty cigar box (I smoke cigars, so they are usually around, but the stores usually give them away for free or low cost) will not only flatten it gorgeously, but also absorb any extra moisture. That and wash yer hands often whilst practicing.

Sep 9, 2007
TWO WORDS:

FANNING POWDER!

Ever since i started using fanning powder, my decks' lifetime has increased tenfold. My bikes used to only last 1 week. Now my bikes can usually last me a month!

It's a miracle isnt it?

Fanning powder does sort of work. Personally, I think it makes the cards feel a bit waxy. I'm not a huge fan.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results