Help Needed

Mar 24, 2009
I've been in magic for around 5 or 6 months, I am going to have my first big performance in September that should be 20 minutes long, I need your help guys to fill those 20 minutes.

I am going to have to perform in a mini train for my dad's colleagues (my dad is a boss in a Railway company), and I through my 5 months of experience can't do enough effects to perform for 20 minutes and my repertoire of sleights isn't a large one, I have already bought Autograph by Justin Miller, so I would be happy if you could recommend me some effects that are not hard to learn and possibly go well together with Autograph, of course I will also be performing some stuff that I learned from books and my ACR but that is still not enough for 20 minutes.

I will appreciate anything you recommend me...

May 26, 2009
I'm pretty sure you will be fine , use basic techniques like double lifts and a duplicate cards to make a miracle. You should have tricks that follow up.

Like the tricks that i perform are : i produce 4 kings while trying to find the spectators card , then i use the 4 kings to do a sort of card monte trick, then transform the kings to 4 aces and use the 4 aces to do a trick by D&D called Osbourne. These tricks follow very well

Jun 22, 2009
I would say do a color change trick which is really good for opening the audience because it strips there guard completely since the dont expect such a big change to happen.

Do a Transpo trick of some sort.

Do you only work with cards?

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
Do Ambitious... it's one of the spectator's favorites in my opinion. Gets great reactions, especially if you have a deck to spare and can get it signed.

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
identity by richard sanders is a great effect especially if you are meeting these people for the first time.

card to impossible location: wallet, the effect "shoe't" is great

i love autograph

If you can find it, Holey Terror 2 is a great card trick, even done on tv but i forget who

Aaron fisher's book the Paper Engine has some good, relatively easy stuff in there

Jul 14, 2008
You should be very lucky that it is summer here and a lot of spare time in towards of reaching our goals. Here are some suggestions in which I strongly advise you to check it out.

Avenue by Dorian Rhodell
Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher
Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck
Royal Road to Card Magic book
Card Control by Arthur Buckley
Dangerous Trilogy by d+m
Smooth Operations by Kevin Ho

Of course, it really depends on your skill levels, but I hope that it helps you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 24, 2009
I'm thinking that angle zero could be cool for me but how hard is it guys? And is it really so that the torn pip could appear anywhere, even if the spectators check the place before...

EDIT: I would also appreciate if you guys would give me some places where I can find killer ACR endings...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 22, 2009
You should check out thread from WH thats a pretty good effect with thread that will leave the crowd speechless.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
I'm thinking that angle zero could be cool for me but how hard is it guys? And is it really so that the torn pip could appear anywhere, even if the spectators check the place before...

EDIT: I would also appreciate if you guys would give me some places where I can find killer ACR endings...

angle zero has to be one of the easiest tricks in my repertoire if not the easiest and yes the corner can appear anywhere. If i were you i would check d+M's Trilogy [because i love his effects and there is a great array of effects from fire-esque effects to sandwich routines. If you havent already then buy the AoA books by Paul Harris . my final suggestion is David stone's Real secrets of magic

EDIT:: check out the sloppy shuffle by Chris Kenner here in the 1-on-1 section or my personal favourite The "triumphant turndown" by syd segal .can be fund in "Simply sydney" which is again a great dvd
George

Jul 14, 2008
EDIT: I would also appreciate if you guys would give me some places where I can find killer ACR endings...[/QUOTE]

I would have to say Pixel (can be found here) has a great ending trick or card to mouth. Personally, in my opinion, go for Pixel

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results