Why Andrei was banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I tried to post a thread on HL about wether or not I should save up to buy EOPCF or just get XB1. I said I would make my final decision after buying Andrei's new DVD. I logged back on a few hours later to find this in my inbox:

"We deleted your intro. Please read the rules before posting. A-ndrei stole moves from de'vo and HL artists and claimed them as his own, and even tried to make money off of it. He was banned in 2005 for cheating in the world xcm championship - so please leave his name off of our forums. Thank you. TEAM"

-De'vo

So why was Andrei banned? Did he actually steal something or is he just jealous that more girls want andrei and his skills than De'Vo's stupid "Thumb Clawz".

I think it's #2...

Anyone have any information or history about this??

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I know no details, but De'vo is as high as a kite on himself. He is extremely opinionated and feels that the world would come to a halt if he and the HL/SH crew stopped doing their thing.

I doubt Andre cheated or stole anything. More likely he, as an independent person, by being talented threatened De'vo and gang.

Just because he doesn't have a SH/HL symbol tattooed on his forearm...

Mar 2, 2008
Yea de'vo also claims he has done 77 coin rolls in a minute.

Good florisher but not credable.

Jan 27, 2008
There's no certain reason why exactly he wanted Andrei banned, a common idea is that Andrei was just getting better than him, but whatever the reason was, he made up that Andreie cheated in the xcm tourney so there would be a reason to tell the HL members.

Now, instead of being logical about it, and following through with his lies by giving the 2nd place person first place, he denounced the whole tournament and denied that it ever happened. On superhandz.com it says the 'first tourney winner' was fatfingerz. If you mention anything about it on HL you will, in most cases you'll get banned. Instead of dealing with things the way a real person would in real life, De'vo simply sticks with the fact that this is 'teh internetz,' just like all basement dwellers at unoriginalcontent.com and with a click of a ban button he can solve all his problems.
Then for the next 4 years or so, de'vo claimed several of his moves and said he 'stole' them. (Everytime I see the word 'flipback charlier' I want to cut my computer screen.) Instead of once again, sticking to being logical and providing proof for his 'claims' (claims=bullsh't), he tried to make every accomplishment Andrei made less special by saying " it's been done before."
I think one of the reasons Andrei is respected by many more people than de'vo ever will be is that he's a nice guy about it all and still respects what de'vos done for the art after all the sh't he went through.

Sep 1, 2007
Andrei came up with some amazing stuff. De'Vo was jealous and said that the moves were created by him "in the '80s" (Backpack cut, Backhand triangle thingy) or that "his son created them" (Impossyble).

Andrei didn't cheat in the contest. He was so good that De'Vo couldn't take it and accused him of using speed ups. Later Andrei proved that he didn't speed up the video by showing the original footage straight from the camcorder casette. I don't know how De'Vo responded to that.

This is more or less how it happened if my memory serves me well. Maybe mr. Jikh can clear things up himself? :)

Alright so I tried to post a thread on HL about wether or not I should save up to buy EOPCF or just get XB1. I said I would make my final decision after buying Andrei's new DVD. I logged back on a few hours later to find this in my inbox:

"We deleted your intro. Please read the rules before posting. A-ndrei stole moves from de'vo and HL artists and claimed them as his own, and even tried to make money off of it. He was banned in 2005 for cheating in the world xcm championship - so please leave his name off of our forums. Thank you. TEAM"

-De'vo

So why was Andrei banned? Did he actually steal something or is he just jealous that more girls want andrei and his skills than De'Vo's stupid "Thumb Clawz".

I think it's #2...

Well, I got banned from Handlordz two times. Basically both times for saying Andrei, Cardistry, and Theory11. There all not allowed on Handlordz. I don't particulary think that Andrei wants to talk about this.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm skeptical of the whole affair and don't fully believe either side.

However... part of me is sorely tempted to take De'vo's side because every time that horrifyingly cliched, "you're just jealous," argument used to explain a disagreement I become filled with righteous, manly fury and want to start breaking things. Like other people's faces.

Also, given that Andrei is a T11 artist, let's face facts: Who here other than me is going to actually show enough skepticism to criticize him as well? And even then, I give it an hour before I lose interest and leave the rest of the slavering, card-obsessed jackals to stoke the flames of drama on their own.

-De'vo

I think it's #2...

Well, after reading all the comments, its clear that De'vo couldn't let someone on the forums be better than him. Thus, banning Andrei because Andrei was too Awesome than De'vo.

lol, I've just noticed I've been banned two times....forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Thank you guys for all the support, it really made me smile to see this thread. :)

In a way... I am honestly just as confused as you are. I've let go and learned to respect his contributions and everything he's done for the art. However, we have our differences - which is why I choose to focus on what I love instead of what I don't. In the end, advancement, innovation, and working together in a positive, professional manner are what will propel this artform forward. We both stand by our decisions and our actions are a clear result of them.

Again thank you guys so much,

- Andrei Jikh

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for all the support, it really made me smile to see this thread. :)

In a way... I am honestly just as confused as you are. I've let go and learn to respect his contributions and everything he's done for the art. However, we have our differences which is why I choose to focus on what I love instead of what I don't. In the end, advancement, innovation, and working together in a positive, professional manner are what will propel this artform forward. We both stand by our decisions and our actions are a clear result of them.

- Andrei Jikh

Yay! Smile more:D:D.

In a way... I am honestly just as confused as you are. I've let go and learned to respect his contributions and everything he's done for the art. However, we have our differences - which is why I choose to focus on what I love instead of what I don't. In the end, advancement, innovation, and working together in a positive, professional manner are what will propel this artform forward. We both stand by our decisions and our actions are a clear result of them.

- Andrei Jikh
And this is exactly why you are a more respected person, cardist, and overall juts a better person than De'vo. Cred for just letting go and understanding what the art is really about. Not that you can get anymore cred from me.

If this had happened to De'vo he would've told everyone to go "Drink your hater-ade" (Ref. to Cobra Cut DVD) and said he was the best.

Guess what? I've never seen De'vo do crossed king cobras with packet switches. And there is a video of Andrei doing just that :):):) (too bad it was removed..)

Anyway.. Thanks Andrei for being an inspiration as a role-model and as a flourisher.

And this is exactly why you are a more respected person, cardist, and overall juts a better person than De'vo. Cred for just letting go and understanding what the art is really about. Not that you can get anymore cred from me.

If this had happened to De'vo he would've told everyone to go "Drink your hater-ade" (Ref. to Cobra Cut DVD) and said he was the best.

Guess what? I've never seen De'vo do crossed king cobras with packet switches. And there is a video of Andrei doing just that :):):) (too bad it was removed..)

Anyway.. Thanks Andrei for being an inspiration as a role-model and as a flourisher.

....annnnnnnd smile more too!:D

Sep 1, 2007
Aaaaaand... there I've completely lost interest. I'm going to go throw up before this gets any worse.

I think that a mod should close this thread because it will get heated up. I know the full story about this but don't feel like saying the full story since I don't want to start a flame war. But just to sum it all up for those interested. The first HL tourney started(before 06), andrei entered it and went to the finals, people said his vids were speed up, when the final vid was due andrei begged for more time(which was against the rules), he got the extra time and won. After that people thought he didn't deserve it and that he cheated so they canceled the tourny and officially started next year.

After that andrei was in the decknqiue trailer and got banned. Or maybe he was banned before that? Can't remember:D Well that's the banned drama, now onto the move drama.

I'm sure alot of people have had the experience of creating a move, then in a few months you see someone else do it in a video claiming it as there own creation. That's what happened to devo. He created the moves in the past then someone comes along and makes a video doing it. Yes the guy probably independently came up with the move, but the other guy(devo) had thought of it long before him and is well upset because his creation is being stolen. So who should take credit.

If you check in the archive's you will see old forum posts of HL where devo mentions alot of the moves that andrei claims as his. There is no video but there are posts and pictures from way bak in 03 that talk about these ideas so you can't call devo a thief since he definitly had the ideas.

I mean tbh there are alot of haterz out there. I'm not saying this because I'm a Hl'er. Alot of people just hate devo because they were banned from his forum and they would do anything to ruin him. So be careful who's opinion's your listening to.;) Another thing that's pretty stupid is when people judge devo's creativity. Most of them wouldn't even be in this art if it weren't for de'. **** this art wouldn't be as popular as it is if it weren't for de'. De' has created many concepts such as motions, demon claw, cobra cut, ctg( pretty much box maniuplation with cards), flipback, vierick, and many more. I don't get why it is so hard to accept the fact that he's been doing what he does for 20 plus years.

One final thing. Andrei no offence or anything but reading your post pisses me off a bit. In annoyes me when your mentioned in these HL debates and you reply as if you were the inocent guy that was bullied for no reason. You made alot of posts dissing devo on decknique and on here. **** hyou even told devo to f*ck off on one of your vids. Just please stop this whole two faced attitude of yours. I respect you alot but please stop acting like a kid.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY

- Andrei Jikh

Classy. Whatever the truth is, and to be honest i could care less at this point, its four years buried, but whatever the truth is Andrei you are a classy fella and show some real character and are a true role model for the art, and i dont care what anyone else tries to make this thread about, thats the point that should be made.

Nov 1, 2007
I'm going to be straightforward.

Andrei's never really given a straight answer on this. It's always this evasive, 'I support De'vo/we accepted our differences/I don't know what happened' stuff that makes people respect him more because of his contrasting reaction to the situation. I won't say it's a ploy, but I don't buy it at all.

I don't claim to have any idea what happened, I'm just saying that Andrei is always evasive and ambiguous whereas De'vo has his story down. I mean, yeah, sure, we know De'vo is a lying sack of ****, we've been through all that. But that doesn't make Andrei's story or the argument that De'vo was "just jealous" credible.

You have to approach things without bias, and you guys suck at it.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I'm going to be straightforward.

Andrei's never really given a straight answer on this. It's always this evasive, 'I support De'vo/we accepted our differences/I don't know what happened' stuff that makes people respect him more because of his contrasting reaction to the situation. I won't say it's a ploy, but I don't buy it at all.

I don't claim to have any idea what happened, I'm just saying that Andrei is always evasive and ambiguous whereas De'vo has his story down. I mean, yeah, sure, we know De'vo is a lying sack of ****, we've been through all that. But that doesn't make Andrei's story or the argument that De'vo was "just jealous" credible.

You have to approach things without bias, and you guys suck at it.

i think the point being made is that andrei isn't slinging a story, just trying to move on, where as de'vo, regardless of the truth, is hung up on something from the past. And i dont think avoiding a controversial topic on a public forum, or not speaking poorly of a former friend and colleague is a "ploy" or anything shady, i think its something to be respected. Its the same as telling someone on this forum to PM their problems with another member. Whatever the truth is thats for Andrei and De'vo to deal with, no point in broadcasting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results