Is this Witness?

Sep 1, 2007
[edited by user for reason of possiblitly of exposure]
Please tell me this isn't it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I left the guy a comment and PMed him asking him to reshoot the video after completely learning the effect. I recently purchased Thinking Out Loud and Deuce Bag, and I can gaurantee that the actual effect is so much better than that. It's not just the method, but the presentation that really makes this trick.

Sep 1, 2007
Boston, Ma
It's not just the method, but the presentation that really makes this trick.
yes i definately agree with that. not just for this effect but for any actually..considering its the presentation that makes the effect. Of course, this is just another prime example of the "what is wrong with magic as an art today?" from cerca trova :(

Definitely remove this, I don't care what the effect is you learn. PRACTICE before performing. I didn't know this actually was Witness, as Witness has not came out for purchase here yet. Not to sound stupid here, but I've been hearing Lee Asher's Deuce Bags is the same effect as Witness, by slightly modified. Is this true?

That was Witness. And Witness is the exact same thing as Lee Asher's Deuce Bag effect, which is available in his Thinking Out Loud notes (which is where this sad, sad kid probably learned it).

Again, if you're reading this, PLEASE take down the video and put up another after you've practiced it.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

Thanks for stating your concerns. I hope everything now is crystal. Let me know, if there are any problems.

Not to sound stupid here, but I've been hearing Lee Asher's Deuce Bags is the same effect as Witness, by slightly modified. Is this true?
Yes, Deuce Bag is the same effect as Witness, expect the name was changed.

Cheers,
JTM

That was Witness. And Witness is the exact same thing as Lee Asher's Deuce Bag effect, which is available in his Thinking Out Loud notes (which is where this sad, sad kid probably learned it).

Thanks for letting me know. Since I got a youtube account myself I going to message this kid requesting he take it down, practice it until he can perform it correctly, then repost it if he wishes. ;)

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
IFF this is really witness... the kid who made the video is definitely a jerk! :mad:

Maybe the staffs of T11 can take an action or something?

(or maybe, should someone close this thread before too much people know about this? (no offence to the author of this thread)

IFF this is really witness... the kid who made the video is definitely a jerk! :mad:

Maybe the staffs of T11 can take an action or something?

(or maybe, should someone close this thread before too much people know about this? (no offence to the author of this thread)

They could, but really I don't see nothing wrong other than his poor performance. The best we can do for now is to ask for the video to be taken down. The world knows 1000's to millions of people visit there daily. The best action that can be done is to ask him to remove his video, and hopefully he does.

Never be sure of anything. Your statement there could be true or false.

I own Witness, know how it's done and perform it regularly and am not going to tell you if it can be signed because that could lead to exposure. You will have to wait and see...

Ryan

Sep 1, 2007
wow... this is why I don't believe in putting things on video and then broadcasting them to the world. With magic, you have to be pretty much perfect for the effect not to be discovered after several viewings. If I come up with an effect or learn one, I certainly may record it for my own benefit, to see the angles and my patter and presentation. Sharing stuff here may be better obviously because you can get critiques from actual magicians. But putting things on youtube is starting to sound like a worse idea by the second to me
:mad:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results