New 1-on-1 :: UNTITLED by Luke Dancy :: Now Available

I think everyone actually has a point here to some degree. True it is very simple, true it ain't gonna fool magicians, true it's not a standalone blockbuster but hey, it's only 5 bucks.

Also true, sometimes it's fun to do an easy trick that knocks them out. The less I have to remember these days, the better. This trick has high entertainment value and is also easy. What more could you ask for. To me I'd rather spend my money on this rather than some of the other effects I have. (pressure for one)

Details

Maybe I pay too much attention to details, but shouldn't the "N" in the word "NOT" on Luke's thumb be a mirror image, meaning upside down. I know its a small error, but a spectator like me would have caught it, even when I was a layman. Just something to keep in mind for the one's purchasing the trick.

-Jason

Jun 22, 2009
Maybe I pay too much attention to details, but shouldn't the "N" in the word "NOT" on Luke's thumb be a mirror image, meaning upside down. I know its a small error, but a spectator like me would have caught it, even when I was a layman. Just something to keep in mind for the one's purchasing the trick.

-Jason

I made that conclusion too, but I think its meant to be taken lightly as its not the end result its the card changing that matters. Over all it is an easy trick but does pack a punch

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
I love the simplicity in the execution, and performance aspect of the effect. Grant I figured it out from the preview and that it isnt "groundbreaking" utility move or some fancy cut. To me, this effect from LD is the base work or foundation to take it to the next level of impossibility. As magicians its our responsibility to create wonder, amusement, sense of danger, and emotional connection. People complaining about video quality or the effect itself is absurd, you should be focusing on how can this become better as a whole. Push the limits, break the boundaries.

Nov 10, 2007
I love this effect, because of its' simplicity all though I figured it out, I believe I should buy it just because of how genius it is.
I hope to see more things like that.
GREAT JOB MR. DANCY
- Donald

Nice to see the T11 community being supportive as always.

Personally, I think it's something of a joke of an effect. Maybe the preview was just poorly shot, but it wasn't engaging, and LD's patter bored me. It just seemed like a weaker version of Witness with a cheesy gimmick thrown in for good measure. I know it isn't, and that the method is different. . . but it entirely failed to strike any sort of a chord with me.

Oct 13, 2008
VERY clever trick. I kinda guessed what the method was upon first time (I'll give you a hint... Shifu Kenner was the originator of one of the key moves, a simpler variation of one in autograph), I'll PM somebody with my theory to check (who to?)

BTW, to all Korean dudes out there, can someone translate "This is your card" and "This is not your card" to Hangul? (PM me plz) I have a S.Korean TA who just goes "oh! oh!" at something as simple as ACR (which I am BORED to death with right now) and I think it'll be more powerful if I did it in Korean. Hopefully it only requires wiping off a few glyphs rather than actually changing characters. First one I showed it to was my Mom (ini [bukan] kartu kamu); she was pretty impressed :D

See y'all

SS23

:EDIT:

Babelfish got me

This is your card 이것은 당신의 카드 이 다
This is not your card 이것은 당신의 카드

Last edited by a moderator:

LukeDancy

theory11 artist + consultant, Criss Angel MindFrea
Sep 18, 2007
Las Vegas
I've had some great feedback about Untitled! This is one of those things that people never see coming and really hits them hard at the end. I usually make up a bunch of these and have them in my pocket because people will want to keep the altered card (and your thumb!) at the end.

I look forward to hearing from more of you about your success with Untitled. Until then...

l u k e

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results