Saturday Night Contest - Unnatural : 24 Hours

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I wouldn't usually say something like this, but seeing as this is a contest I have to be honest. I don't think you did anything in the video. You just mimed doing the moves. The MacMillan switch has a few things that are always present, and I didn't see them with yours. I may be wrong, but it really was just too clean.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

No, don't worry. I changed it so it would look cleaner from that angle. Watch where my hand comes from. The angle pushes the card so there are not angles on that side. It's also why there is no flash on the palm.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
To clarify, the contest is simply an exercise in brainstorming and creativity. The goal is to come up with a routine that, to a laymen, accomplishes nothing - but to a magician, it should be obvious that there's much more going on (as in the original Unnatural video). Another example is Penn and Teller's "Looks Simple" routine: http://media.theory11.com/2050

Just a fun little contest to get your juices flowing - and keep your chops on point. Nothing more, nothing less. Keep the submissions coming guys!

Couple comments on the video and I want to address them here to the forum.

The point of the snc was to do something that too a spectator doesn't look like anything. To a spectator it would simply look like I am showing three duplicate cards and discarding two of them. You as magicians know that is not the case.

So in my eyes this is achieving the goal that the SNC set out too accomplish, correct me if I am wrong before it is to late.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Couple comments on the video and I want to address them here to the forum.

The point of the snc was to do something that too a spectator doesn't look like anything. To a spectator it would simply look like I am showing three duplicate cards and discarding two of them. You as magicians know that is not the case.

So in my eyes this is achieving the goal that the SNC set out too accomplish, correct me if I am wrong before it is to late.
Correct. Too many of us are thinking as magicians, at the moment - so I can understand where a line might get blurred. Rest assured, your video definitely falls under the proper guidelines.

To a spectator, you were showing three duplicate Ace of Spades - and then discarded each of them. Although a few sleights were used, no 'magical' effect took place. Make sense, guys?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
The palm replacement could do with a little more work ;)

And great song choice!

cococococococoldplay!

Colplay rocks my socks..

Just a quick note, I dont mean to sound like a P*** but most of the subs just dissapointed me, I was actually expecting more, either the videos have bad quality, or they are just Ineski half copies.

So far the best ones I have seen are:

Nexus,Retype and Im looking forward to tally's sub.

So yeah.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results