Magic Shop :: Wow

Nov 10, 2007
Just a quick story I wanted to share with you all.

Yesterday I was at a magic shop, and I sold a kid an effect, I forgot what it was. When he comes up to buy it his mom is talking to the shop owner about how he learns all of his effects, of course from youtube.

So I try to talk to the kid about why it is not good to learn from youtube, I told that people said many years coming up with tricks and it is right to buy the effect not learn it off youtube, I then told him that he is not learning the effect in detail he is just getting the general idea, he was not listening just basically ignoring me.

This is the real kicker when he had paid for the effect, his mom said I am going to take him down to the local hot-spot to make money and perform for people, the kid not even had the trick for 2 minutes and he wanted to go and perform it.

I know that topics like this have been brought up before, but this type of thing has never really happened to me, people need to understand that magic is an art-form it takes years of practice. There are a few kids that live near me that I am pretty proud of. Their is one girl who is about 10 years-old and she has a very good mentor. Her mentor tells her whenever she learns a trick she must do it over and over again until she has it perfect, then she must present it to him and perform 3 times in a row perfectly is she suceeds she gets the trick "checked" if not she must practice more until she can get the trick checked. She is staring to understand the concept of magic.

- Donald

next time. just slap the kid. like. i learn off of you tube *slap* Oww, why did u do that?
Cause you suck.
just kidding.
Just be like. You know. on youtube, they reveal al the magic wrong. did u know that?
they do it so they can be the only ones who know the trick, and they get little kids like you to mess up the trick. then they come by and make TONS of money.
you see in a global economy like we are in now .... i think you can figure out the rest.
be like. Hey i bet u cant do this trick. then show them a trick that you cant really learn online.
or you can do option one and give him a good smack lol

Jan 15, 2008
You guys look at tricks being revealed on youtube as a bad thing. What you should realize is thousands of magicians have either gotten their inspiration to do magic/flourishing from youtube, also it's a GREAT place to share your own creations.

Now, I am not saying that revealing other peoples tricks is ok. But I got into flourishing by watching a charlier cut, and a revolution cut, and a sybil tutorial on youtube...

Here is an example of how great a tool youtube can be for something you created and want to share. http://www.youtube.com/user/jo5hbrand

it's the main video on his profile.

Dec 30, 2008
You guys look at tricks being revealed on youtube as a bad thing. What you should realize is thousands of magicians have either gotten their inspiration to do magic/flourishing from youtube, also it's a GREAT place to share your own creations.

Now, I am not saying that revealing other peoples tricks is ok. But I got into flourishing by watching a charlier cut, and a revolution cut, and a sybil tutorial on youtube...

Here is an example of how great a tool youtube can be for something you created and want to share. http://www.youtube.com/user/jo5hbrand

it's the main video on his profile.

I think all that was said was that the people who post videos revealing magic and people who go on youtube to find the aforementioned revealed magic are bad. And it's bad because people get money to provide for they're family.

I do agree with you in one sense. Saying youtube is bad is like saying guns kill people. Guns don't kill people, the people behind the guns are using them to kill people. It's a tool, you can choose to use it correctly or not. Sadly, alot of people decide to use Youtube incorrectly.

next time. just slap the kid. like. i learn off of you tube *slap* Oww, why did u do that?
Cause you suck.
just kidding.
Just be like. You know. on youtube, they reveal al the magic wrong. did u know that?
they do it so they can be the only ones who know the trick, and they get little kids like you to mess up the trick. then they come by and make TONS of money.
you see in a global economy like we are in now .... i think you can figure out the rest.
be like. Hey i bet u cant do this trick. then show them a trick that you cant really learn online.
or you can do option one and give him a good smack lol

Yeah YouTube Slap Him!!! That'll do it.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results