Best performance of any two tricks which use a gimmick....(in voting)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Magicdude007, You have a camera. Why do you not perform for someone else? The camera is good, shoots crisply :rolleyes:

Alas, the performances were mediocre. Here's advice:

Magicdude007, Patter. You have to have patter. I say, perhaps the effect does not need any patter, but the to put that god awful racket behind you?

Magic is supposed to be believable. I mean, the deck is moving for God's sake! Have a little more enthusiasm!
Circusfreak96,you know webcams can be moved right? Riot is one of the few tricks we don't want to see your face, we want to see the top of the deck (at a slight angle). Half the time it was just a blur of colours moving around the screen. Very hard to see.

The handling was robotic. And when the card began 'rioting' the angle allowed us to see a flash, ad the end result was a suspicious looking block of cards. You thumb was in a bad place as well (0:24).

Work on it guys;

G

Oct 3, 2007
germany
MagicDude007, in your video you said the first two selections to be the "4 of hearts and 7 of clubs". The cards were in fact the 4 of CLUBS and the 7 of HEARTS ;)

Just thought I'd mention it ^^

....This battle saddened me somewhat..

All the tricks were rushed, none of them were live, they were all crotch shots, MagicDude007's music was distracting, circusfreak96 was shoving the card into the webcam the entire time, and all of the tricks looked like you had just bought them that very day and had practiced for about 30 minutes before shooting....Honestley, the only advise I can give here is practice before you battle!

And another thing that bugged me, MagicDude007 made his own Panic gimmick, and To me personally, I think that is disrespectfull to the creator, just my personall oppinion.

No voting on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Well G and demon pretty much sumed it all, there are just a couple of things I would like to add....

Please magicdude, if you are going to credit Someone make sure his name is well spelled, please, is just disrecpetful....

And the battle rules are asking us to vote for the best performance, well, neither of those 2 submissions were a performance, so Im not voting.

Both videos Schucked

I voted for MagicDude007. Although I was not a huge fan of either performance.

Now for my advice. I won't coat it in suger, but I won't cover it in spikes either. It is only my honest opinion said as plainly as I can say it.

MagicDude007 your haunted deck was cool. I am sure with presentation it is a real winner. However I felt that it was rushed and thats never a good thing for a PK type of thing. Slower is better.

On your Panic, I am not sure if you just wanted a certain angle for the camera, but if not then why were you so bent at the waist? I have the same problem, bending at the waist when I should be standing up straight and only slightly leaning forward. Don't take that as criticism though, unless you do it live, you could just been doing it for the camera positioning sake. Your handling of the gimmick wasn't bad, but wasn't great and should be more natural.

circusfreak96- Your performance did not look good. There was flashing and your handling looked awkward. Your performance is near exposure.

To both- Even though it is a solo magic video, does not mean you have to suffocate the patter and presentation in favor of music. Plenty of people do solo videos that feature their patter and no music and I favor them much more. Your viewers, providing of course they are actually viewing to be entertained and didn't just click your video to see a possible slip up for exposure, want to hear your voice. It is part of the show.

Please do not take any of this personally, I mean no malice nor do I say any of these words harshly. We all need improvement, and I am only offering my honest opinion to help you be a better performer.

Mar 19, 2009
india,kerala
thnx

hey guys thanks for the advice...and next time i will surely make a video with my voice and no music....actually i should've practised a little more.(especially panic).....and another thing i wanted to say is i did not buy any of these tricks....my friend told me how to make the gimmick for performing panic....which explains why i do only half of the trick....

P.S:thnx for the helpful advice...again!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results