New Playing Card Designs

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
*updated* New Playing Card Designs

*Updated*
Hey guys, I've been working on a few card designs. Hopefully you'll like them. I created the joker by hand by the way. I'm still deciding whether or not to add color so hopefully you guys can help me decide. I will upload some more later this week after I finish them up.

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, Please move if you have too)

Thanks,
-Sean

Attachments

• ace of clubs.jpg
    ace of clubs.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 107
  • ace of hearts.jpg
    ace of hearts.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 103
  • Final Back.jpg
    Final Back.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 81
  • inverted.JPG
    inverted.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 58
  • new back.jpg
    new back.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 51
  • whiteace.jpg
    whiteace.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 48
  • no color.jpg
    no color.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 46
  • blackace.jpg
    blackace.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 50
  • black border.jpg
    black border.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
I like to see that you're trying. :)

But, the drop down shadows don't work, for me. They are going opposite ways, which makes no sense given that shadows are supposed to be the result of a light source shining on them...yet, there appears to be two or more light sources, given how the shadows are. I realize you tried to make it so it was the same no matter how you look at it, but it still creates an inconsistency.

Also, as for the back design, I just want to note that you won't be able to get those printed (legally)--Bicycle is taking a more firm stance on the printing/modification of its trademarked designs.

Again, it's nice to see you trying, though. :)

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
Thanks for the reply's so far, I will take them into consideration and will work on them. Then I'll post some more later in the week.
Quick question though, if I were to have them printed, I know the back is copyright but are the pips and numbers are? Should I just create my own pips and use a different font for the numbers and letters? Thanks

-Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
Thanks for the reply's so far, I will take them into consideration and will work on them. Then I'll post some more later in the week.
Quick question though, if I were to have them printed, I know the back is copyright but are the pips and numbers are? Should I just create my own pips and use a different font for the numbers and letters? Thanks

-Sean
No, the faces are fine, to my knowledge. So use them as you like. :)

May 18, 2008
Man, those are cool! I like them A LOT! If I were you, I would send em' out to a couple of different companies.

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
I just uploaded the new back design. I'm am still working on it but I wanted to show you guys the progress of it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

-Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hi there,

It's a neat concept you're working towards here! In my opinion, the back design needs to be quite a bit more "filled out" as it's looking rather bare at the moment. Also, if you have sufficient technology, a vector image would look much better for the Joker design.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
That back design is horrible. The joker is also crap. The aces look alright, but I agree the shadows dont make sense.
Please leave this sorta stuff to the pros.

J.

Come on bud, there's nothing wrong with giving it a shot. Practice makes perfect, not just in magic but in all fields.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results