very simple sandwich effect

May 3, 2008
That was sick! I have no clue how you did that and you performed it flawlessly.

The only problem is it seems a bit TOO simple. My guess is the spectator would rather see something that's more magical than just a head scratcher.

I like that dude. Nice one. I'll admit, took me a couple of times to get how it works (not that it's that important) and I must say, a nice bit of lateral thinking there. Works differently to most sandwich effects, and you didn't complicate the visual with pointless flourishes/moves.

Good job.

Rev

Sep 1, 2007
That was really good. I liked it a lot. I think it would be nice to start off your sandwhich routine. something simple then go blow the shi*t outa em :p

Nice job. Good handling. Smooth.

Work on your riffle shuffle...

what a pointless nit-picky thing to say. How he shuffles the cards is unimportant. I riffle shuffle better than Wayne Houchin does, but that's irrelevant. It's the magic that's important. Why do people always focus on the negatives even when the positives far outweigh it.

If anything, slightly scruffy shuffles look more convincing than really smooth ones as they look a lot less controlled. The 'Slop shuffle' and 'Charlier Shuffle' are both good examples of this.

Rev

Sep 1, 2007
what a pointless nit-picky thing to say. How he shuffles the cards is unimportant. I riffle shuffle better than Wayne Houchin does, but that's irrelevant. It's the magic that's important. Why do people always focus on the negatives even when the positives far outweigh it.

There are way more negative comments to give - I just decided to be nice. I don't think that the "positives" outweight anything here. That version is only a major step backwards from the original. That is what usually happens when you are too eager to post a video and don't put in the actual work, practice, and careful study. I know the author worked two weeks tops on that trick. That certainly is not enough work.

I guess Lennart Green should work on his riffle shuffle as well. In fact Lennart Green should practice all of his shuffles more. Really makes things look more magical when you have a smooth shuffle. If there was more negative comments to give, you should have gave them so he can improve on what matters.

Nice trick. I have never seen that specific handling before. I love sandwich effects. You have really got a nice opener on your hands there, but be on the lookout for follow ups to that trick, there are a ton of sandwich effect methods besides the one you used, so do not limit yourself to one method. Sandwich effects are kinda like ACR's. There are plenty of ways to do one and they work best when put into several phases.

Best of luck

Oct 6, 2008
well.. first of all, thanks everyone for the support!

and Ineski, I'm sorry if someone has already thought of that before.

It was never my intention to steal anything, but.. Even if someone created that.. I never said the trick was mine! I didn't even named that.. I called "A little trick".

The reason why I didn't put credits at the end, was because I just made that to show for a few friends.

But if it bothers, say so.. I could delete that without a problem!

Thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results