Brand New Back Designs

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
**updated** Brand New Back Designs (Final)

Hey guys, I took your advice and worked on my back designs a lot. I took out the jokers and create these ones instead. Hopefully I'll get some good comments this time. Like I said it's all about trial and error. I would love one day these get printed for an actual company and Bicycle. Tell me what you guys think.

(I created a new thread because the other one was over crowded and I wanted to start fresh because these are new designs without the jokers)

Thanks,
-Sean

Attachments

• Final Back Design.jpg
    Final Back Design.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 78
  • RedBack.jpg
    RedBack.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
Thanks, it's still in the works so I'm still looking for that "missing something". The cards will have a black border. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
-Sean

Sep 2, 2007
I'd like to either see some colour, or less gradient.

EDIT; on a second look, thats not gradient. let me change that to; less flowing. IMO card designs shouldn;t look watery. the stark lines on the spades contracting the flowing in the background don;t look good IMO

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
That is true, but what if the face cards are black? Then it'll work fine. Either way I just posted the white border one. See if that makes a difference to people.

Thanks,
-Sean

Feb 28, 2008
It's cool, but I find it a bit too "nice" looking. The barbwire is cool, but I think it could be a bit more bad ass.

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
**updated**

I just posted new more pictures. I added a few details to the backs, such as the color as one of you suggested. Then I did another one black and white with the adjustments. Please comment. Thanks

Jul 2, 2008
I agree with Rmana, if you're going barbwire, make it more badass.

I also think you should make the eye a lot more prominent, give it some mascera, and make it follow your eye wherever the card is- a bit of creepiness.

Sep 2, 2007
I like the red but I'd like to see the red with a white border where the red fades into the border

Jan 13, 2008
I actually like the two white backs you designed...it's simple, which looks great. While I like Dan Sperry's Crimson deck, one thing is suffers from, in my opinion, is that it's a bit too crowded (don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoy the Crimson deck; it's beautiful none the less). This is where your white backed deck shines--it's a nice, simple, non-crowded look, while it still fills up the back of the card.

And personally, I like the flowy feel it has. I feel almost like I'm traveling through a time-space continuum tunnel type thing. You know, like on television when you see people traveling through time--yeah, like that. It has a nice, mystical feel to it.

I'd suggest against adding anything to it. If anything, just tweak what's there. If you want to add anything, be sure to take something out first, so as to not crowd the deck.

If I were to change one thing, in the white backed ones, where you shaded in the hearts red--try shading those the same colour as the rest of the card (that greyish silvery colour) instead. I think the deck looks a lot better with just the white and greyish silvery shading--adding colour seems almost too out of place, given that they're mostly white and grey. If you were to add a main feature that was red (like a word with red shaded letters, for example), then I'd definitely agree with the hearts being shaded red (to compliment the words, and so the words don't take up TOO much of the spotlight), but as it stands I'd definitely stay away from adding colour (I prefer colourless anyway, to be honest).

Other than that, I like 'em. Definitely a LOT better than your joker cards. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
Ok as far as I can tell it's complete. I don't want any color, and I'm keeping the white border. I love it just the way it is. I did make some tweaks and I hope you guys like it because I love what I have created. Please comment. Thank you for the comments so far.

Thanks,
-Sean

Jan 13, 2008
Ok as far as I can tell it's complete. I don't want any color, and I'm keeping the white border. I love it just the way it is. I did make some tweaks and I hope you guys like it because I love what I have created. Please comment. Thank you for the comments so far.

Thanks,
-Sean
It looks good. Exactly what I meant about the colour; I wouldn't change that a bit.

The only thing that looks odd to me is the four "ducks"--the four circle thingies attached to the middle, with the little triangles coming off of them. They honestly remind me of ducks, heh. I'm not really sure what to suggest, though--I want to say "change them", but I'm not sure what I'd suggest changing them to. o_O

Edit: Also, the cross hair in the middle looks odd. If you really wanted the middle to stand out, I'd maybe just darken the starburst in the middle (just a TINY bit, if at all).

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
You know I thought the same thing when i just looked at it. it didn't come to my mind till now. Your right. Like you said before I don't want to make it over crowed so maybe I should just get rid of the beaks of the "ducks". And keep everything else in its place. I will upload it now. Thanks

-Sean

Jan 13, 2008
I'd also maybe slightly lighten the lines for the circle things (formerly ducks). And note my cross hair comment. Actually, maybe even lightening the cross hair a tad, too.

I don't know, those just stand out far too much to me, given how light the rest of the design is. I'd at least try it, to see how it looks. :)

Jan 13, 2008
I still think the cross hair kind of jumps out, but if that's what you're after then I'd have to say the card backs look great. I like 'em. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results