Brand New Colour Change (I Think)

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey guys, this is just something I was playing around with. In this change, you start with one card and end with one card. No DL's. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfpUOFiInFs

Hmm... to me it looked very very fishy and strange... particularly when you bend the 3 to show the pip.
I can tell you that spectators will think it looks odd too.

Kudos for coming up with something new though!

Jun 2, 2009
Hmm... to me it looked very very fishy and strange... particularly when you bend the 3 to show the pip.
I can tell you that spectators will think it looks odd too.

Kudos for coming up with something new though!

Yeah, I guess now I can see that. But, I was just trying to show it was only one card:D. Some people would think there are two cards maybe like the California Click Change or something. But thanks guys for the tips and advice.

May 24, 2008
So then you made this exclusively for magicians?
Seems like a waste of time to me.

No, he's saying that he made the video exclusively for magicians. In performances, perhaps he would be a little more sensible in how he presents the change.

But i must say, for some reason, i really dislike this change. The bending back of the corner for the 3 is very suspicious. There is a very large awkward movement when the change occurs, and the card is even close to sticking out at the same length. I'm sure these are all refinements you can make easily though.

May 18, 2008
Boy, that looked GOOD!

Fooled the crap outta me, if that is any consolation!

Great job. Haven't seen anything like it!

Aug 18, 2008
You seem to be taking a lot of heat for this. Great job coming up with something original. It does look very fishy, but with some work it could be much better. Keep messing around with it for ways to improve.

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
Theory11

Hey Guys,

Way to encourage a young magician trying to create new effects with new ideas. You T11 guys are always so encouraging and kind too each other and are certainly helping young magicians evolve their magic. The incredible delicacy you guys use with your words to critique will inspire young magicians to continue creating and inventing. I'm sure he appreciates all of your encouragement and thoughtfulness. Keep up the great attitude T11 forum participants, you guys are always a ray of sunshine!

Zack

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Hey Guys,

Way to encourage a young magician trying to create new effects with new ideas. You T11 guys are always so encouraging and kind too each other and are certainly helping young magicians evolve their magic. The incredible delicacy you guys use with your words to critique will inspire young magicians to continue creating and inventing. I'm sure he appreciates all of your encouragement and thoughtfulness. Keep up the great attitude T11 forum participants, you guys are always a ray of sunshine!

Zack

Its a color change dude. We have millions of those that are not needed and hardly can hold themselves up in a routine. Dont speak as if its on the verge of revolutionary.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I don't think magi cares that it was a color change. I see his point and it is valid. Whenever people try something new and go out on a limb....many of the members here bash away and criticize.

There is a difference between giving constructive criticism and just complaining about something or saying "I don't like it." At least be positive and try and help out with advice.

I actually liked the color change idea and see although it is a work in progress it could look real nice with a little more practice.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Its a color change dude. We have millions of those that are not needed and hardly can hold themselves up in a routine. Dont speak as if its on the verge of revolutionary.

I believe he wasn't commenting on the change, but on the attitude that seeps from your (and other's) post.

As far as the change goes, it looks good. If possible, put the card in, and forget about showing the pip. Just turn it around and do the change (I assume that is possible). Keep it simple and direct. Also if possible, getting the second card to appear closer to the same distance out of the deck after the change, it will appear more to be a 'changing' card rather than a 'switching' card. I hope that makes sense.

gj

j

Hey Guys,

Zack

Insulting the crap out of everyone never helped a thing. You're speaking as if T11 can help who posts on their forums. Theory11 hasn't bred their posters, they can't help a thing.
I'm all for being positive, but let's get positive without the negative, yes?

May 31, 2008
Just quit the over-convincing, and it looks great. Looks like it needs a little work, but in a few weeks this will probably look as smooth as the goat change!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results