Clipshift by Chad Nelson

Jan 19, 2009
Iam not sure if I can put this link here.

'I got the surfaced 2 days ago.
So I wanted to make a short video of my performence of this Sleight.

I have been practicing many hours a day these 2 days.

I never had so much fun doing a sleight like the clipshift. I love practicing this move:)

Here is my performence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWiuP_qkbQ

I hope when I mastered this wonderful move, that it will be like double lift that I can use all the time

Jul 18, 2009
I can't do a clipshift myself but I can tell yours needs work. You need to practice a sleight for more than just two days (maybe 2-3 months).

Jun 24, 2008
Holy cow.Honestly congrats on the job you have already done. For two days that's incredible,I'm floored.A few things that will make it much better:
Don't place the deck into the left hand right after doing the clipshift.
Try to keep the index finger as still as possible after the shift instead of squaring the replacement. Keep it curled on the top of the deck.
Lilstunna-the move isn't as angle-sensative as you would think the only really bad angles are from directly below and the extreme left.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I've got to say, for two days, that's damn good, very good job there.

One thing I'd suggest though, when you "shake" to show the change, don't suddenly jolt when you do the change, try to keep it all of the same motion.

Sep 1, 2007
The thing about the clipshift is that the move itself isnt all that hard. You seem to be doing well for 2 days, but we cant actually verify that. Why? Because the move isnt about the change itself, it's about the sound. When the clipshift is done well, it's SILENT, but we can't tell if yours is from this video. You may as well be not even clipping the card during the shift and it would look just as good on video because you can't hear it.

That said, it looks good, but theres no way of really knowing.

Cheers,
Lucas

Sep 20, 2008
EGYPT
yeah thats true i made a vid of me perfoming the clipshift with sound cuz i wanted to noe were i was and im workin on it and the sound get better and better :D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

OMG.jpg

HOW THE **** IS THAT YOUR CLIPSHIFT AFTER JUST TWO DAYS?!

-Doug

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Its totally possible to get it this good in two days.
Just constant ALL day practice.Not one or two hours.All day,wherever you are.
Ive personally seen it happen.My friend got the sybil down smoothly(not choppy or gross looking)after 3 days. He had never touched a deck of cards before that.

D

Deleted member 2755

Its totally possible to get it this good in two days.
Just constant ALL day practice.Not one or two hours.All day,wherever you are.
Ive personally seen it happen.My friend got the sybil down smoothly(not choppy or gross looking)after 3 days. He had never touched a deck of cards before that.

I've done that before. Believe me...

As for the Sybil, I had the same experience. The only cut I knew prior to the Sybil was the Charlier and I was just starting magic too so I had no experience with cards or how to even properly hold a deck. I sat down and practiced the Sybil for about 3 hours to learn it. After learning it, I just did it tons and tons for a few days and I had it down.

Sybil = easier than Clip Shift

Clip Shift = ugh.....

-Doug

Jan 19, 2009
thanks for the comments.
When Iam practicing this I am doing it all day, when i watch a movie, or walk somewhere I just have the deck in my right hand and trying to get it smooth.

Mar 9, 2008
i would say to do the clip while shaking, once i did the clip like you do in the video and then started shaking and someone goes i saw you move your fingers so they know your doing some sort of sleight.

Oct 22, 2008
no offense I mean it does look good for 2 days but don't automatically make a video for it. Practice till you perfect it than make one. Trust me it is not perfected. First off you shouldn't be using any music in my opinion because a big part about the change is to make it silent. So with the music how could we tell if you have finished that part. Second you still need to work your way up to a whole deck not just half. Also When you are doing the clip and the "move" do it while shaking instead of just doing it stopping and shaking. Practice it alot more and it should be all in one smooth shake that it's done. Oh yeah and if you were to do it 2 times in a row don't bring the deck down to sqaure it up in your left hand, it makes it should i say not as affective. Just some advice but it was still very good for 2 days. You must have practiced alot.

-Jake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results