Ace Of Spades

May 31, 2008
Hey guys, Now That I have created a back design I am working on the face cards. The first one I'm starting to work with is the ace of spades. This is what I have so far. What do you guys think?

For anyone that didn't see my other thread, this is my back design to go with the ace:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/511/finalbackdesign.jpg

-Sean

First of all, why do you keep making a new thread? Whatever, it doesn't really matter.

Ok, since this is your very own deck, you should get rid of the word '"bicycle" and put the name of your deck. Also, the spade seems a little chubby, other than that, great job. I like your artwork.

Jun 3, 2008
Its an alright design, Possibly a bit more detail and not to blurry, but more focused, nice design though

Nick

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
First of all, why do you keep making a new thread? Whatever, it doesn't really matter.

Ok, since this is your very own deck, you should get rid of the word '"bicycle" and put the name of your deck. Also, the spade seems a little chubby, other than that, great job. I like your artwork.

I will keep this thread now. I won't create any new ones. I added the word "bicycle" because I'm trying to shoot to create a deck for a company. I know it's a silly thing to shoot for because what are the chances but you never know.

As for the ace, I did not change a thing about it, just added a little glow. So not so sure whether it is chubby or not.

And the artwork....thanks :)

-Sean

May 31, 2008
I will keep this thread now. I won't create any new ones. I added the word "bicycle" because I'm trying to shoot to create a deck for a company. I know it's a silly thing to shoot for because what are the chances but you never know.

As for the ace, I did not change a thing about it, just added a little glow. So not so sure whether it is chubby or not.

And the artwork....thanks :)

-Sean

I didn't think you changed anything, I just think the spade is chubby, whateva, whateva.

Jun 1, 2009
I agree with it looking a bit chubby, but other than that I think it looks pretty cool.

Jan 13, 2008
I added the word "bicycle" because I'm trying to shoot to create a deck for a company.
What company? Unless you're commissioned for a Bicycle design, you'll more than likely get sued if you put those out. It'd definitely be in your best interest to brand them as your own brand. Note how Theory 11 even names each of its decks something different.

If you get the deck printed by Bicycle, however, I'm sure they'll throw their Bicycle brand name on there somewhere (maybe? I'm not fully sure how the custom printing process works--I believe it depends on what options you choose, since I know you can have a fully custom box, as well). :)

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
What company? Unless you're commissioned for a Bicycle design, you'll more than likely get sued if you put those out. It'd definitely be in your best interest to brand them as your own brand. Note how Theory 11 even names each of its decks something different.

If you get the deck printed by Bicycle, however, I'm sure they'll throw their Bicycle brand name on there somewhere (maybe? I'm not fully sure how the custom printing process works--I believe it depends on what options you choose, since I know you can have a fully custom box, as well). :)

By company I mean like any website retailer such as theory 11, E, magic network...sites like that. They've teamed up with bicycle and created custom decks. But the chances are small so your right, I could just take the word out and create my own deck. Would be nice though to have it under bicycle :)

Jan 13, 2008
By company I mean like any website retailer such as theory 11, E, magic network...sites like that. They've teamed up with bicycle and created custom decks. But the chances are small so your right, I could just take the word out and create my own deck. Would be nice though to have it under bicycle :)
The thing is, they don't approach Bicycle looking for Bicycle to "put their deck out", so to speak. Those companies all pay Bicycle for their services, which anyone can do. It's just that since, say, T11, prints such a large amount of cards with them on a regular bases, they garner a good working relationship, so those companies are more willing to bend on certain rules (such as production limits). But, by all means, when they start out they are designing their own deck and paying Bicycle (or whoever) to print them, and then the company (T11, or whoever) just sells them on their own. :)

The Ace design is simplistic enough to work. However I would encourage you to pick a theme for your deck and stick to it. All of your cards should have elements of that theme represented in them.

You have this barb wire wrapped around an ace in that picture. So is your theme a foreboding street reminiscent feeling? Think about that.

Lose the Bicycle logo If you are going to pitch to a company, first find said company that you want to pitch to and then work their logo into the artwork.

Jury is out on the fade/glow effect. I'm not sure how I like it, I think I'd have to actually see it printed and in my hands with the other 51 cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results