Houdini tricks done by Modern Magicians

Apr 29, 2009
we have a speech in my english class and I chose houdini as my topic. I just want to know how he inspired the modern magicians in our time. what were his tricks that David Blaine and the others performed?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
When is your speech due? There are tons of books on Houdini, many of which you can find in your local library. Not to mention all the info on the internet.

Sounds a little like your trying to get us to do your homework for you? Shame, shame.:eek:

Apr 1, 2009
California
David Blaine did the burial. As did Criss Angel. I believe Criss did the needle stuff too, just to name a few.

As for books, if you don't have The Secret Life of Houdini, you are truly missing out. I don't even know where to start, it has been of the most influential books... in my life in general. I guess that's a good starting point.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
David Blaine did the burial. As did Criss Angel. I believe Criss did the needle stuff too, just to name a few.

As for books, if you don't have The Secret Life of Houdini, you are truly missing out. I don't even know where to start, it has been of the most influential books... in my life in general. I guess that's a good starting point.

I second this recommendation. Not only is it an easy read but it dives into other aspects of Houdini's life that weren't known to many people up until the release of the book.

Apr 29, 2009
When is your speech due? There are tons of books on Houdini, many of which you can find in your local library. Not to mention all the info on the internet.

Sounds a little like your trying to get us to do your homework for you? Shame, shame.:eek:

it is due on friday. I have looked into our library and nothing's available. I have searched in the internet and i have found some. I just wanted additional information if ever I missed some.

Jul 26, 2009
Best Houdini books and female Houdini Dorothy Dietrich

Best books on Houdini. Houdini by Silverman, Houdini by Christopher, Houdini by Doug Henning, Houdini by Gresham.

Check out wikipedia on Dorothy Dietrich, often called the Female Houdini. She even did the one stunt Houdini backed away from.
regards

Oct 13, 2008
Teller also did the needles effect, one of my favourites to watch though i don't have the brass testicles required to do it myself. Mr Angel did his own take on it, whereas Teller did it more or less just as Houdini did.

If you'd like to learn this trick yourself you'll find it in Tarbell's Course In Magic Volume 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBE-Si0TMqI

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results