Showcase your style

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
I feel personally that I didn’t get into coin magic just because I really didn’t have all that many coins around, (money burned many a hole in my pockets at a younger age) Now that isn’t to say that I couldn’t of done a bobo switch with stones but I at that age I didn’t make that connection. What I did have laying around was a deck of cards and resources such as Libraries and Internet. I would sit in front of a computer screen and toil with cards and learn a good self-working trick 21 card trick.

I guess it was the fact that it was instant gratification also that held me to cards, learning a classic palm was all good and all but when I got a decent classic palm, I had five other card effects that I could perform well, See what I am saying?

I just believe that cards require a lot less time and effort to perfect a good card effect then learning and perfect one movement of a complex coin routine. I mean once you got the classic palm, you learn the back palm UGHHH you say to yourself and move on.

The entire post above was just personal experience; I enjoy coin magic and card magic as well as the general close-up and other umbrellas of magic.

Thanks for sharing mate. Interesting to hear, you actually stood between coin and card magic and choose the card magic for the reason I suspect most people do. It was a quite good confirmation of that theory. Lets remember that we are in no way saying card magic takes no skill, we are just being relative with the RPD.
Some people actually gets driven by having a challange, but this might be different because it's not only a big challange, but everyone wants to come to the point in where you can perform, which in coin magic is much further away than in card magic.
Since you say you that today you like to perform both, could you give us some examples of which routines you like to perform?
Also, do you feel more worried when performing coin magic? (assuming card magic is your main).

May 30, 2008
blue mountains
yeah i agree cards do have quite abit more instant gratification than coins ( not that cards don't take skill or practice). cards are probably the best area to start and find your feet with, which is probably why everyone does cards.
but damn coin magic is so sexy :p

Jul 13, 2009
Thanks for sharing mate. Interesting to hear, you actually stood between coin and card magic and choose the card magic for the reason I suspect most people do. It was a quite good confirmation of that theory. Lets remember that we are in no way saying card magic takes no skill, we are just being relative with the RPD.
Some people actually gets driven by having a challenge, but this might be different because it's not only a big challenge, but everyone wants to come to the point in where you can perform, which in coin magic is much further away than in card magic.
Since you say you that today you like to perform both, could you give us some examples of which routines you like to perform?
Also, do you feel more worried when performing coin magic? (Assuming card magic is your main).

Not a problem, yes I do perform both card and coin magic amongst other things I am a well-rounded magician. Some of the coin routines that I do perform are winged silver or flying eagles; I probably got those names mixed but no matter. I perform these effects because it gets great reactions. Another coin Routine is kind of homage to Jerry Andrus, it is a miser dream where the cards are making money. First two cards two empty hands and yet 12 quarters appear one at a time in between the two cards, next I do is ace, two, three, four production which is basically a flash appearance of four coins. You can see it here,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReT_-NenHg

Now as far as cards go I do standard routines well, I learn knuckle busters for self entertainment I am not talking about the clipshift but full length routines like, Whispering Aces and the like. (I really like Jerry Andrus stuff at the moment if you couldn’t tell)
Also just standard effects and some self created effects and presentations. Now I am very split in the middle at the moment because I only perform a few card effects and a few coin effects because I can actually present the effect with full confidence and presentation.

To answer all of your questions no I do not feel worried of being found out in coin magic, I have had the coin drop from time to time and have great little backups for an even cleaner vanish for example. So my answer is no to that question.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results