Sharing Is Caring (Feedback Appreciated)

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
Just wanted to share a little move I came up with earlier this week. It can be it's own little trick, like a tenkai vanish, or it can be a utility move for some tricks. I've most recently adapted it to my invisible palm routine for the last card, but please, share other ideas too;

Take a card and hold it in mechanics grip, though push it forward a little bit in your hand so the bottom edge lines up with the center of your pinky finger. Move your hand over the card with your finger tips curled down as if to palm the card, pull the card down into your hand (towards your body), and palm it, only to show the spectator (optional). Do all of this again, except this time when you move your hand over to palm the card (with your finger tips curled down), press down slightly with the right side of your palm, flattening the card down into your hand. Slide the card back as usual, though this time into a gamblers cop. As always, watch your angles, and practice, but when pulled off, it works great as a little visual treat.

In the context of the invisible palm, the clean up is as simple as picking up your deck of cards, which need to be face up, and holding it.

Hope you guys liked it, any feedback would be great, but things like, "You stole this from _____!" don't help. This can be described under my term Relative Originality, so please, suggest ways to use it, improve it, or whatever! Enjoy, and thanks for the feedback.

SG

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I understand, and it can look really deceptive...

Basically, you hold ONE card in your left hand mechanics grip, and palm it to demonstrate how a palm work. Then put it back into left hand mechanics, and say that you are going to show how the invisible palm works. Mimic a palm technique, but instead of palming, move the card back into the GAMBLERS COP. Move your left hand by your side, and your right hand to the right, and vanish the card....

Hope I clarified that.

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
Toby hit the nail on the head.

Lemme clear up the Tenkai confusion; all I was saying is that sometimes, just to demonstrate a little skill with card(s), I'll fake grab a card, into Tenkai, then vanish it. Or fake throw it. Or "hang it on an invisible hook". Or whatever.

I was simply saying this can be used like that, or in a routine such as the invisible palm. I'll try to get a video up soon. Any thoughts, feedback? Thanks.

SG

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results