Saturday Night Contest - Something Different : Show Us What You Got

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
It's Saturday night and - in addition to the release of the CCC2009 videos at 11:00pm EST - we wanted to do something a little different. Tonight's contest was inspired by a post made in the Saturday Night Contest : Tell Us What You Think thread.

You all regularly view magic and cardistry videos, so why not break the mold a bit? Tonight, your goal is to produce a video showcasing a talent other than magic. Whether you're into Yo-Yo's, skateboarding, MCing, knitting sweaters - whatever you got, we want to see it (well... maybe not that last one).

All video entries can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io - and must be submitted by 11:00pm EST for judging. Tonight's winner will receive a 1-on-1 training video of your choosing.

Can't wait to see some of your other talents! Remember to be here tonight at 11:00pm EST for the release of the Cardistry Collaboration Contest 2009 videos in our Media section.

I'm a bank robber, can't wait to go out and get some video tonight!

Seriously though, would slideshows be acceptable? Also, can our video include more than one skill? For example, could one make a video that is about both skateboarding and guitar playing?

May 31, 2008
YES! Wait, I have no talent...:( Oh right, guitar. If only my bass-playing-magic-doing best friend were here. We could rock out "Anarchy in the U.K." lol.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf63djO7JfM&feature=channel_page

There's my submission. It's circa march 2008. I'm the one guy in the beginning with a "The Hundreds" shirt. I choreographed that first piece too (Alicia Keys' As I Am (Intro). The group's name is Fresh Off the Beat, which is a play off the phrase Fresh Off the Boat (FOB) which is a derogatory term for immigrants coming from their homeland to here (the term is used typically for Asian Immigrants).

Looking back at that video, I'm actually quite disgusted by my choreography despite it being one of my favorite pieces I've ever done. FOB has also grown alot since then and actually competed in their first national competition in NYC (Prelude EC 2009). I have since retired from the group due to graduation and trying to make money to keep a roof over my head. Anyway, enjoy.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
It's Saturday night and - in addition to the release of the CCC2009 videos at 11:00pm EST - we wanted to do something a little different. Tonight's contest was inspired by a post made in the Saturday Night Contest : Tell Us What You Think thread.

You all regularly view magic and cardistry videos, so why not break the mold a bit? Tonight, your goal is to produce a video showcasing a talent other than magic. Whether you're into Yo-Yo's, skateboarding, MCing, knitting sweaters - whatever you got, we want to see it (well... maybe not that last one).

All video entries can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io - and must be submitted by 11:00pm EST for judging. Tonight's winner will receive a 1-on-1 training video of your choosing.

Can't wait to see some of your other talents! Remember to be here tonight at 11:00pm EST for the release of the Cardistry Collaboration Contest 2009 videos in our Media section.

hey can it be of an older video? I don't have my guitar right now.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
To answer some of your questions:

- The talent must be family friendly. ;)
- Your video can showcase multiple talents, so long as all differ from magic and cardistry.
- I suppose older videos would suffice (for those who don't have a camcorder readily available) - but new videos are definitely preferred.

Note that video quality isn't important with this one - as long as we all can see what's going on. Hope this helps!

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
To answer some of your questions:

- The talent must be family friendly. ;)
- Your video can showcase multiple talents, so long as all differ from magic and cardistry.
- I suppose older videos would suffice (for those who don't have a camcorder readily available) - but new videos are definitely preferred.

Note that video quality isn't important with this one - as long as we all can see what's going on. Hope this helps!

And the limit?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results