New magic trick

Aug 2, 2009
ok so i always wanted to make up a trick but i never had the creativeness to create the IDEA for what happens. so heres your chance! think of an idea for a new magic trick and me and whoever else will try to figure out how to do it!

thanks!

Aug 18, 2008
ok so i always wanted to make up a trick but i never had the creativeness to create the IDEA for what happens. so heres your chance! think of an idea for a new magic trick and me and whoever else will try to figure out how to do it!

thanks!

So you want us to do all your work for you? Why would we give you our ideas and creations?

Aug 2, 2009
ouch, i wasnt thinking it was quite that harsh. more like becasue i have no ideas for new tricks i was wondering if you had any, and if you share them a bunch of magicians could all share thier different interpertations on it.

Oct 22, 2008
ouch, i wasnt thinking it was quite that harsh. more like becasue i have no ideas for new tricks i was wondering if you had any, and if you share them a bunch of magicians could all share thier different interpertations on it.

yah no offense man but that is the hardest part about creating magic. Its almost like writers block but with magic. I have the same problem alot. You just let it hit you as I learned from alot of other magicians here. (u know who you are) ;) but coming up with the idea is easy the method is ofcorse the hard part. When magicians come out with tricks it doesn't just take them a couple of weeks to plan out how the method will work and how to perform it. It takes yearss. So just think harder or maybe you'll walk down the street one day and it'll hit you. You'll come up with an amazing idea for an effect, be patient.

-Jake

Aug 2, 2009
yah no offense man but that is the hardest part about creating magic. Its almost like writers block but with magic. I have the same problem alot. You just let it hit you as I learned from alot of other magicians here. (u know who you are) ;) but coming up with the idea is easy the method is ofcorse the hard part. When magicians come out with tricks it doesn't just take them a couple of weeks to plan out how the method will work and how to perform it. It takes yearss. So just think harder or maybe you'll walk down the street one day and it'll hit you. You'll come up with an amazing idea for an effect, be patient.

-Jake

i just thought it would b cool if one person had an idea, and then a few magicians came back with the same trick, but different ways to do it. it would be interesting.

also, for people who have the idea but cant figure it out, it could be a good idea

Jan 19, 2008
The idea is the hard part, if someone comes up with a creative idea can usually come up with the method. Some times it takes years, some times it can be a week!

Well i will give you one idea....a 360 degree self levitation. Now go out and invent it.

Jul 26, 2009
Canada

thanks!

sorry guys removed it cuz i decided to start working on it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 31, 2008
I want a method for levitating from one building to another. GET TO IT!

Just kidding, I don't think he's asking us to do the work for him. He just wants us to name an effect we would like to be able to do and then maybe he can figure out a method. That's my interpretation anyway.

Mar 22, 2009
Phoenix
www.wix.com
Ok so I had this idea for 2 years and I have tried a few times to think of a way to do it but I can't!
So here it is.
The magician displays a pencil, brand new. Then he shows his empty hand. He then takes the pencil and acts like he is sharpening it. And, when he shows it again, it is sharpened.
Sound like a good one?

Well it sounds like a good idea...........but its not practical for walk around unless your in school.......on the right track though :)

Aug 2, 2009
I got one.
I want to take the cap of a pen and vanish the pen, then pull the pen back out of the pencap!
If you can give me a method for that!???

this much i can tell you, for the production i think i know what you could do.

have you ever done one of those things where it looks like you pull something like a pencil from thin air but its just hiden behind your arm? i think if you can vanish the pen so it is hidden behind the thickness of your arm all you have to do is pull it out through some sort of opening in the pen cap. that would work.

of course it uses a gimmicked cap though.

although im not quite sure how to vanish a pen yet

thats just one way

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2009
Ok so I had this idea for 2 years and I have tried a few times to think of a way to do it but I can't!
So here it is.
The magician displays a pencil, brand new. Then he shows his empty hand. He then takes the pencil and acts like he is sharpening it. And, when he shows it again, it is sharpened.
Sound like a good one?

if you don't mind gimmicks, it could litarally be a pencil with a removeable end where underneath, its perfectly sharpened.

and for the cleanup . . .. hmm, well you could always have some sort of elastic thing that when realeased will spring to your pocket, or up your sleeve. im not quite sure about how that would work but if anyone can figure that out im sure you could do this trick easily.

:)

Jul 9, 2008
alright. man i have some great ideas for both of those tricks. let me workshop them and i will get back to you. who ever made up those tricks just pm me and i will let you know what i am working on. then you can go try it yourself and let me know if it fits your style.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
alright. man i have some great ideas for both of those tricks. let me workshop them and i will get back to you. who ever made up those tricks just pm me and i will let you know what i am working on. then you can go try it yourself and let me know if it fits your style.

Ok, now I'm worried because I don't think that you are kidding.

Anyways, you can find IMPROMPTU version of a "pen out of a pen cap" on "On The Spot" by Gregory Wilson....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results