Jacob's Ladder practice?

Aug 7, 2009
First time poster.

Does anyone have any general tips on how to practice Jacob's Ladder? I can't seem to grip the band between my two fingers while performing the trick for my own practice. o.o; But yeah, seriously, I can't find a way to practice it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
First time poster.

Does anyone have any general tips on how to practice Jacob's Ladder? I can't seem to grip the band between my two fingers while performing the trick for my own practice. o.o; But yeah, seriously, I can't find a way to practice it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.
I had the same issue when I first starting practicing it (didn't, obviously, want to tip the method to any friends, etc.). Easy fix - turn a stool over on it's side and use two legs as 'mock fingers'. Works like a charm.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Raiker's suggestion works, but I would also recommend buying two of these for use when practicing. In addition to helping you practice Jacob's Ladder, I think they'd look great in your living room.

Nov 20, 2007
i took the two knobs of my closet door and opened them a little and put the rubberband on the knobs if that makes any sense.

Sep 1, 2007
Raiker's suggestion works, but I would also recommend buying two of these for use when practicing. In addition to helping you practice Jacob's Ladder, I think they'd look great in your living room.

Hahahaha JB you're awesome.

Jun 1, 2009
People have also talked about putting the band between your big toes, as werid as it sounds it does work pretty well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results