Dan and Dave 1-on-1 wants.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Hey,

I need so help. I really like dan and dave card tricks and I was wondering which of thier 1-on-1 is the best. I really like subway, but I want so others one too. I know I should save my money to buy the triology, but I out of a jod and school starting and 80 bucks will not good for me. I also a beginner, but I willing to take my time to pratice intermidate and even advance. So give me your opinion. And also just card magic not cardistry. Thanks

May 31, 2008
The only ones I own are Tivo 2.0 and the Click Change. I love them both, but Tivo 2.0 is a little advanced for a beginner so I wouldn't recommend it. The Click Change is great though.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2009
If you're a beginner, I think you should look around in the technique section in their On Demand area. There's some really good controls in there that can really help you.

Mar 30, 2008
uhh...sorry to say, but as a beginner, you will be better off with a trick by Chris Kenner or Aaron Fischer. D&D tricks are much too advanced. I waited a good year and a half before I did ANY D&D stuff. I highly recommend making tricks with as few sleights as possible.

Right here I will explain my favourite trick, which only uses two sleights and patter.

First, have the spectator choose a card. Then, from there, you need to make it seem the card is in the middle when it is on top. My favourite way to do so is to do a body flipover. Take the deck in your left hand and, while they are looking at their selection, push one card off the deck part-way with your thumb. Use your body to turn the card over the rest of the way so the card is face up on top of the face down deck.

Keep the deck near your body while you grab their card and tell them it is OK if you see their card. Slowly bring your hand up, keeping the top card hidden. Turn the selection over in such a way that is ends face up, hiding the flipped card. They will think that the selection is the only card face up. Turn both cards over as one, (this is similar to the sleight we will use later) and put the top card (the card you flipped on your body) in the middle of the deck. The selection is now on top of the deck.

Do a double lift (pretty much what we did earlier) by riffling up on the deck with your thumb until there are two cards left. Put a little bit of the flesh of your pinky in between the two cards and the deck by tightening your left hand grip as you release the two cards over the flesh. There should be a small gap between the two cards and the deck. Put your hand in the break (the technical term for a gap between cards) and flip the cards over as one, keeping a break under them as before. The card shown here is NOT their card. Very clearly express this fact, which makes them know that you won't be putting their card down later. Flip the two cards over again so they are face down.

Now take the top card (their selection) and put it down, stating that it isn't their card. Cut the deck and turn the deck face up. Tell them to look for their card. You can hand it to them (which gets better reactions) or, if you have something in the deck (like a duplicate card), you can spread the deck VERY slowly. As they look, they will become very frustrated and will probably find the match for their card, thinking it is their card. Point out the difference in suit and take back the deck. Put it next to the card on the table. Slowly, they will realize that the only card not in the deck isn't their card (that they know of). Turn over the card alone on the table. Even better if they jump at the single card and turn it over themselves.

This the one trick I never go a performance without doing. It is easy and foolproof. Use it well.

Jun 30, 2009
philippines
subway is much easier to do... than tivo 2.0... but anything can be done with practice... subway is good tivo 2.0 is good... but the difference is difficulty... it took me a week to make my tivo 2.0 performance smoother than before...

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
subway is much easier to do... than tivo 2.0... but anything can be done with practice... subway is good tivo 2.0 is good... but the difference is difficulty... it took me a week to make my tivo 2.0 performance smoother than before...

Thank you for reading my question keep it coming guys.

May 1, 2009
UK
D+D 1-On-1

Check-out Dan+Dave's Commercial it's a quick visually effect, That uses the Click Change for the same price as the Click Change on it's own. Plus other Sleight's, with practise this is a grate effect.

Sep 1, 2007
I'd say Subway. But why don't you buy JUST the tricks DVD from Dan and Daves site?

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
First and foremost, I would suggest you check out our 1-on-1 Sessions feature on The Basics (suggestions tailored specifically for beginners).

If you've already mastered the aforementioned material - I would suggest starting with something like Commercial from D&D. Fairly simple when compared to most of their other material, and it should give you a taste of their style of performance and instruction.

Hope this helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results