How?

Mar 2, 2008
First off don't enter those dumb youtube contest. You can do better things then that.

Instead of buying somthing, you should pratice more of your basics.

Aug 10, 2009
First off don't enter those dumb youtube contest. You can do better things then that.

Instead of buying somthing, you should pratice more of your basics.

I don't think it is dumb. The guy has great points in the video. And my basics are fine but I look for rare mindblowing effects and this in-hands-signature-effect defenitely is.

Aug 10, 2009
Thats your problem.

It indeed is. But is it me or am i not quite welcome on here? First you tell me i should not join dumb youtube contests but who are you to decide (I don't even think you know how the routine is done), second you tell me to learn my basics while you don't even know me, third you are acting like buying magic is a sin or so (then why Theory11 sells stuff? and i didn't buy it, i now only wish i did, and the post wasn't even about buying the effect), and so forth. The ones interested can still have a look at it and give it a try. And for 250$ you can buy quite some effects on here.:)

Aug 3, 2009
I consider myself pretty astute when it comes to figuring out how to do magic tricks (granted i can't always perform them), but i just can't get a grasp on this one. I watched the Houchin performance of the Bluff Pass and figured it out in about ten minutes. I figured out the venus trap in about 5. Band of brothers took me all of 3 minutes, and many others. I wish this was at a better angle, I fell like i might have a shot. Although i am quite sure he would not mail me a 250$ check, I would still like to bust his chops.

link to band of brothers trick for those who have not seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJxJtCSvgE

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2009
I consider myself pretty astute when it comes to figuring out how to do magic tricks (granted i can't always perform them), but i just can't get a grasp on this one. I watched the Houchin performance of the Bluff Pass and figured it out in about ten minutes. I figured out the venus trap in about 5. Band of brothers took me all of 3 minutes, and many others. I wish this was at a better angle, I fell like i might have a shot. Although i am quite sure he would not mail me a 250$ check, I would still like to bust his chops.

link to band of brothers trick for those who have not seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJxJtCSvgE

Ha, someone who seems to be just like me. Good luck man!:D
About bluff passes, this same guy does a great angleproof one in another video. I don't like the full thing even while it's improvised and full of very neat technical stuff but okay the bluff pass is at 3:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeIafAjffP4

Aug 3, 2009
Yeah that one was pretty good. I just dont like the idea. After i figured it out i was showing my girlfriend and whe likes to try mess me up, so she waited until i was 3/4 of the way through the deck to stop me and i couldn't pass the packet off as being the bottom 1/4 so, she busted me pretty quick, but it has fooled some other people that dont like to try mess with me. Thanks for the showing me that though. I may have to play with it a little.

Aug 3, 2009
I have part of it. If you want to collaborate on this it might be easier if you had msn messenger or something.

Aug 10, 2009
I have part of it. If you want to collaborate on this it might be easier if you had msn messenger or something.

I'll PM you.:D (Let me know if you received it because it doesn't show in my sent box.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2009
Anyone else?

While Jo_Vision and I are giving it a try when we can is there anyone else who got a clue? The more brains the better.:eek:

Jul 25, 2009
maybe he forces the K♦ and the 10♠ or did a deck switch to a forceing deck with rough faces and the other deck is a rough back deck? :confused: The name of the effect may support my force theory "force impossible"
After the spectator shuffles the cards he switches it for a roughfront forceing deck then switches it back to the other deck with rough backs so it has the one rough front K♦ in it then does a pyscological force or something to force the 2 card stuck together. Then rips the 10♠ off the K♦, 2:59 on the vid supports this. then the rest is acting.

Note: After review the vid for the second time i realised it was extremely unlikely for a deck switch. I left the first part on the post because it might get all of you thinking. How ever I do think hes useing a rough deck as the gimmick. I have almost no idea for certain of how he did it.

Aug 10, 2009
The deck can't be it.:( I think the force impossible (not a force) is the clean part of the routine. The signature transposition is where a gimmick comes in. He literally says in the contest video that it be done with a normal deck of playing cards.:(

Jan 10, 2008
I believe I have figured it out, if you look on Youtube under Mark's video advertising this contest; you will see that I posted a possible method for this effect without really exposing anything technical. I have tried this method out for my family and it works. May not be his, but it definitely works. My Youtube alias is tigerpiggypoo. I'm just waiting on a response from him.

Jan 10, 2008
Well here is an update, Mark Private Messaged me on youtube and said that my method was not the was he achieves the effect. He did however offer me 50 dollars if I wrote up my method. I wrote him a friendly message back, stating that I appreciate the offer but that I would have to wholeheartedly decline for the simple reason that I really don't care about the money, I just wanted to try and figure it out for fun really.

Whether i'm close or not to the answer, I really do not know. I am wondering three things right now.

1. How long will this contest go on?
2. Will it be one of our guys on these forums to solve it?
3. How the hell did he do it?

This trick is really a fooler, if you haven't checked it out yet, do so now!

Aug 10, 2009
Well here is an update, Mark Private Messaged me on youtube and said that my method was not the was he achieves the effect. He did however offer me 50 dollars if I wrote up my method. I wrote him a friendly message back, stating that I appreciate the offer but that I would have to wholeheartedly decline for the simple reason that I really don't care about the money, I just wanted to try and figure it out for fun really.

Whether i'm close or not to the answer, I really do not know. I am wondering three things right now.

1. How long will this contest go on?
2. Will it be one of our guys on these forums to solve it?
3. How the hell did he do it?

This trick is really a fooler, if you haven't checked it out yet, do so now!

1. i recalled him telling this going on for long and might be going up to as money as he made with the limited release of the effect which was 1000+ dollar.
2. who knows.
3. who knows.:(:(

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Why would he offer you 50 dollars to write up the method?

How do we know that he's not actually using aforementioned method?

Why do magicians care about catching other magicians out?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results