Got a question about the Trilogy and also andthensome

Mar 16, 2009
Canada
I'm planning on buying these DVD's along with a few other things and I was wondering if the stuff taught on these DVD's are dificult for somebody who is kind of good with a number of sleights and somewhat ok with flourishes (I'm still having a pretty hard time figuring out how to position my hands to do a nice fan).

I'm pretty much finished with Ellusionist buying now except for a few more things and I'll be gone from there for a long time. But anyways the card stuff I've learned specifically from that site are these:

How To Do Street Magic
Stigmata
Daniel Garcia's TORN
Crash Course In Sleight Of Hand Card Magic
Crash Course 2 Ambitious Card
Strange Travelers
KAOS Card In Window
Fallen by Daniel Garcia
Inside Magic
Indecent by Wayne Houchin
A Dream of Aces
Kard Klub
Ninja 1: Stealth Technique
Ninja 2: Weapons
Guerilla Guide To Loops
Army Of 52
Mercury Aces
Mindbender Card Bend
Shapeshifter Color Change
Mesika's Wallet (card to wallet)
and from different sites I've got about 12 packet tricks and they are:
Bikers
Color Monte
Call Of The Wild
Duplicity
NFW
The Royal Scam
Spin Doctor
Target Practice
Twisted Sisters
Ultra Monte
The Web
Twisting The Aces
(hardest to learn was split between Call Of The Wild by John Bannon and NFW By Gary Freed)
I also have True Astonishments and Art Of Astonishment #1 and #3 in PDF Form. and the only experience I've had in XCM is from the Xtreme Beginnerz #1 DVD. almost everything I've practiced on those DVD's came almost naturally to me but as I said at the beginning of my post I'm not that good at fanning.
from other sources I've also bought:
Pass With Care
The Cullfather
Richard Sanders Tagged (lost the gimmick for it so I haven't been able to try it out yet)
Deep 3 by Bro Gilbert (absolutely amazing and a definite must buy if you want to connect with your audience on an emotional level)
Pentacle by Craig Petty (gaff card effects)
Color Blind (don't mind the effect but the gimmick could've been better manufactured)
Identity by Richard Sanders (absolutely amazing)
Warp One by David Ren Jenkins (card warp with 1 card if you don't know what that is)
Cardtoon #1 and #2
Magic Insurance Policy
On The Case
Aces In Their Faces by Bob Kohler
Daniel Garcia Project #1
A Different Side Of Me by Joshua Jay Instant Downloads (6 different effects 4 of which are card effects all of them are called: Elevator/Big Deal/Impossible Three/and Royal Assembly)
Color Burn (color changing deck)
Svengali by Oz Pearlman
and Gambling Moves with Cards featuring Simon Lovell

and I have a bunch of other stuff as well but it's not related to cards anyways.

So as everyone can see I've been pretty busy for the past couple of years with my card effects and before anyone asks I have put in the time and effort everyone of these effects needs so there's no need to say anything about that.

Also some of you will probably say something like, "Why are you even bothering listing off all of the stuff you've done before? It's completely pointless just say I'm a Beginner or Intermediate or Pro." the only problem with that is that everyone's views on how good they are or how good people think that person is will always be different so it's just easier to list off the stuff I've learned so you know what level I'm at.

Also the hardest effect I learned from that list was the TORN effect by DG it took me about a year to get it looking good (the only reason it took me so long was because I started learning it 5 months after I started to learn magic so it was too hard for me at the time and I should've just waited a while before getting it so I'll know that for the future).

anyways I'm starting to ramble now and I almost forgot what I was writing about. So if anyone could let me know if I would have any troubles with those DVD's or if I should just forget about them for a while and just get my other stuff? Hope to hear from somebody soon.

Sincerely,

KingOfNynex2003

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well, if I take your word and trust that you've learned those things, Trilogy should be within your grasp. Of course, like anything, it will take practice, and some sleights are definitely harder than others, but it should be fine.

Dec 28, 2008
How To Do Street Magic
Stigmata
Daniel Garcia's TORN
Crash Course In Sleight Of Hand Card Magic
Crash Course 2 Ambitious Card
Strange Travelers
KAOS Card In Window
Fallen by Daniel Garcia
Inside Magic
Indecent by Wayne Houchin
A Dream of Aces
Kard Klub
Ninja 1: Stealth Technique
Ninja 2: Weapons
Guerilla Guide To Loops
Army Of 52
Mercury Aces
Mindbender Card Bend
Shapeshifter Color Change
Mesika's Wallet (card to wallet)
and from different sites I've got about 12 packet tricks and they are:
Bikers
Color Monte
Call Of The Wild
Duplicity
NFW
The Royal Scam
Spin Doctor
Target Practice
Twisted Sisters
Ultra Monte
The Web
Twisting The Aces

Holy S***.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Man, if you have all those things you may consider as well practicing them, otherwise if you keep buying stuff all your effects will be garbage.

Give every thing its time.

May 1, 2009
UK
Dan+Dave's Trilogy

First off make a routine with the material you've already got, & go through the effects you've got. Like Duplicity, the spectator's can handle the cards at every stage of the proceedings. This is not possible with Twisted Sisters, so which out of these two effects you going to use etc. & the effects you don't use store in a safe place, you'll also need to practise your routine until you don't have to think about what you are doing. once you've done this you'll have a routine you can go out & show people, then get Dan+Dave's Trilogy.

Mar 16, 2009
Canada
Thanks for everybodies replies and I appreciate all your comments. praetoritevong and RDChopper I have practiced everything on those DVD's and also RDChopper if you had read the 5th paragraph you would've seen that I did mention I practiced everything on that list.

Wonder I've got a pretty good routine spread throughout the stuff on that list if I'm doing a show where I've got a table depending on how long my show needs to be I can do this routine:

Invisible Palm
Shuffling Lesson
Las Vegas Leaper
Twisting The Aces
Seductive Switch 2
Reswindled
2 Card Monte
Fizz Master (depending on what type of people I'm performing for and if I'm outside or not)
Aces In Their Souls (AITF hardest routine)
Twilight Angels
Backlash 2
The Big Tiny
Naked Strange
Son Of Stunner
maybe Fiber Optics
and possibly Cellmates

so right there those effects are about 1 hour in length I think and this is the same routine (almost) that I did for my uncles 65th birthday and everyone of them were glued to me and even asked me to do more stuff afterwards.

tally-ho I would love to learn magic from books but because I've got a learning disability it makes it harder for me to learn things take for instance that Las Vegas Leaper effect taught in AoA I absolutely love performing that routine but it actually took me 3 months to figure out what they were saying on the pages and I had the description staring me right in the face and I couldn't see but once I get fixed I'll probably start learning from books because there's a lot of stuff that I'd love to learn from books so for now I'm going to stick with DVD's.

Nov 8, 2008
Copenhagen
then you should perform a lot more. The most important is not the effects! It's you!
Perform whenever you can, for friends or at official venues.
That's how you will get better. "An amateur knows 100 tricks fairly well, a proffessional knows 5 and is the best at performing them"

Mar 16, 2009
Canada
then you should perform a lot more. The most important is not the effects! It's you!
Perform whenever you can, for friends or at official venues.
That's how you will get better. "An amateur knows 100 tricks fairly well, a proffessional knows 5 and is the best at performing them"

I know what you're talking about and it would be great to perform for my friends if I had friends that actually hang out with me and I would perform at venues but most people are disgusted by how fat I am that they don't even bother to look at me or stop for me.

But maybe if I could stop them I could do that Interlace effect I just learned that would probably help me get some paid performances but I highly doubt that.

Mar 16, 2009
Canada
If you're not performing magic, then why are you in magic?

I usually do it for my parents friends and in turn show my magic to my parents friends kids (most of them are around my age) and very rarely they like to hang out with me afterwards but after a while they lose interest in me and then I just go back to doing magic by myself on the street or in my house and when I'm on the street I just do a bunch of simple magic until somebody eventually asks if I'm a magician and then I go into an effect for them.

Nov 8, 2008
Copenhagen
If you have faith in what you do, people won't stop you because of your physical aspect. Actually it can help if you come and do a little joke, because people feel more at ease. And then do a very visual effect without requiring audience participation. After that you can carry out with whatever you like.

Mar 16, 2009
Canada
If you have faith in what you do, people won't stop you because of your physical aspect. Actually it can help if you come and do a little joke, because people feel more at ease. And then do a very visual effect without requiring audience participation. After that you can carry out with whatever you like.

That's a good idea maybe next time I go to the mall I'll try that and see what happens and besides since it's summer and most of the people that are there aren't in any rush they'll feel more receptive to me so maybe then I could get some shows booked but I won't do anything until I have my business cards printed off because from the HTDSM DVD from E they have an old effect with business cards that makes it look like you've printed your own business cards and the likelyhood of people booking shows after seeing that would probably increase dramatically.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results