Concept for Lit

Aug 13, 2009
alabama
okay. Im one of the unlucky few that cannot find single matchbooks anywhere except on eBay and Im forced to buy them in bulk. Luckily, they are very enexpensive, but i started to realize that you can only use 1 matchbook maybe 3 or more times. Then it hit me. I bought a deck of blank backed cards. Took the useless matchbooks and cut the strike strips off and glued them to the back. Then put real staples in in place where the gimmicked staples would be. This really makes your spectator believe that they are holding the pack of matches. Plus I've found a use for the remaining matches. If you choose the color change method for the card vanish, then this is very visual. right after the vanish, matches fly everywhere, making it that much more believable that a miracle just took place. any questions?

Aug 13, 2009
alabama
Im using the blank deck to make the gimmick. once the book of matches arent useful anymore, i cut out the strike strip and glue it to the back of one the cards. the remaining matches are separate and used in the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results