Gaffed Decks

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
For the Gaff deck for Army of 52, I would get either the red deck or the blue deck.
I have the Ghost deck. It's okay, but you really want to get a deck that looks normal, so then you can mess with mind when you use the gaffs.

The Ghost and Black Tiger decks both already look gaffed. So if you use it with these decks, the audience will buy into it, but they will think the decks doing all the work for you. (Which I don't like because there's no such thing as a self working deck. You always have to do something for a trick to work. I wish they actually made a deck where you don't have to do anything to bring about a miracle)

If you were to pick one of these, I'd get the ghost because it's easier to hide Double Lifts because the ends are white. The Tiger Deck is a little faded after awhile using the deck, making it harder to conceal DL's.

So there you go. Take it or leave it.
:)

- Dan

Well if your looking for specifcally a Gaff Deck, which is either Red, Blue, Ghost, or Tiger. Get Red or Blue. They have more cards in them, which make some killer effects. The only downside is Army of 52 doesn't teach you all of the tricks for a red gaff so you need to be creative. I have one myself and Im not disappointed.

-RA69

Oct 14, 2007
i have the red backed bicycle deck i think it is great but i suggest that if you get it you buy army of 52 dvd with it starring my buddy justin miller.

Oct 13, 2007
Is there a difference betwenn the red and blue gaff deck (exept from the colour of the deck)?

Sep 9, 2007
The Ghost and Black Tiger decks both already look gaffed. So if you use it with these decks, the audience will buy into it, but they will think the decks doing all the work for you. (Which I don't like because there's no such thing as a self working deck. You always have to do something for a trick to work. I wish they actually made a deck where you don't have to do anything to bring about a miracle)

very true, that's why i haven't even bought the regular BT/G decks yet. They'r cool and fun to play with, but when i'm performing live infront of non-magicians, standard issue bikes are my choice. Crazy decks are just additional heat and people are gonna assume they're gaffed. I don't even use Tally-Ho's because most people wouldn't know them up here (Canada). They might be more common in the states, no idea.

I did like the look of the guardians though, so i ordered a sixer. I'll try them out in field, but again, I'm expecting them to draw a little heat for not being standard issue.

Oct 24, 2007
If you are looking for the best gaff deck E or anyone else has, I'd wait. I'm not positive on the release but soon wayne houchin and daniel garcia will release the ultra gaff with E. I have heard its amazing and far better than all of the current gaff decks but I don't have a lot of information on it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results