Static By: David Jade and Damien Vappereau

I just got my package in the mail yesterday.

The teaching on the DVD is very thorough. Dan Buck goes through how to construct the gimmick and how to perform the effect.

As for the gimmick, it is very, VERY clever. The deck is supposedly examinable, but there just might be a small chance that someone will find the gimmick. You just have to be very careful.

The package comes with everything you need to make the gimmick. I estimate that you can make about 50+ gimmicks with everything provided in the DVD.

The trick itself is just superb. It's fairly easy to do and you can even get your spectator to assist you. This is definitely something to add to your arsenal of "walk around/anytime" tricks. The gimmick isn't a burden at all. Although Dan says that the spectator can even shuffle the cards themselves, but I think that only an overhand shuffle can be done with the gimmick in the deck. A riffle shuffle might break the gimmick or cause it to be discovered by the spectator.

$25 (I added shipping) isn't too bad of a price for this effect. It's simple and powerful, just how most of us like it.

I think the only downside to the gimmick is that you can't really flourish with the deck. You can try, but I don't want to risk breaking the gimmick.

Hope this helps!

;D

D

Deleted member 2755

I don't have the effect in my hands yet, but I am also a bit angry with the way this effect was being advertised. It was said that that I could flourish with the deck and that everything was examinable. It seems that that's incorrect. I need a full look at the gimmick first to make judgements though. The effect is great, but I don't like being lied to.

-Doug

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
I'm pretty sure "Flourishing" didn't come up when marketing STATIC. It's a "Card Trick" after all.

On that note. With the gimmick in my deck I treat it as if it wasn't even there. I shuffle, cut, and spring the cards. You name it and I will do it. The gimmick goes un-noticed and 90% of the time, unharmed.

Cheers,
dan

I don't have the effect in my hands yet, but I am also a bit angry with the way this effect was being advertised. It was said that that I could flourish with the deck and that everything was examinable. It seems that that's incorrect. I need a full look at the gimmick first to make judgements though. The effect is great, but I don't like being lied to.

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm not looking to start anything here with anyone, but someone on the forums that took part with the production of the DVD said you could do anything with the deck. I'll go ahead and stop talking since I don't even have the DVD yet. I'm sure it's absolutely amazing as I thought it would be. Also, D&D didn't advertise anything badly at all. It wasn't them. I apologize if it seemed that way. Anyway, I look forward to watching this disc. David Jade is a genius.

-Doug

Sep 20, 2008
Dan did say 90% of the time the gimmick will be unharmed. that's good enough for me. If worst comes to worst, i can always palm a new gimmicked card off (or whatever the gimmick actually is) onto the deck.

Come on guys. be creative.

Jan 15, 2008
You can do pretty much anything you can do without the gimmick with this, Its a very cool effect too :) ALSO, the gimmick is not going to be found, so don't worry about that, it's pretty damn hard to see.

Jul 8, 2009
Is the gimmick hard to make (scale from 1-10). I have a terrible track history making gimmicks---it needs to be VERY easy for me to do it. Any thoughts from anyone that has it? thanks

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
Sounds like I.T. or loops to me! "A haunting effect?" Is that a hint pertaining to the haunted deck? Not a big fan of tricks that are real gimmicky. I'll pass on this one!

Oct 22, 2008
Ok I have recieved this effect a couple of days ago, and imo it is beautiful! I have not yet performed for people because I am practicing my performance but it is practically self working and extremelyyy easy to perform. I would say you can shuffle if careful but you can cut etc and i have tried flourishing and it doesn't affect anything.. it would be extremely hard for laymen to figure this one out, trust me. So I hope that answered all your guys questions. I think it is very worth it.

-Jake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results