T11 should either live up to their promises, or not make those promises at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
This is in no way a thread to bash T11, but just a suggestion for them.

On January of last year, Jonathan stated that from then on, T11 will release a 1 on 1 every Friday.
http://forums.theory11.com/showpost.php?p=56914&postcount=1
It also says that here:
http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#learnmore

T11 started off living up to their promise. But as time went by, especially recently, T11 has pretty much forgot about this.

El Cambio Nada was released on May 22nd. Since then, it has been 12 weeks, yet only five 1 on 1s (El Cambio Nada included) were released. FIVE in TWELVE weeks. That's less than half the time!

I know this promise is hard to live up to, and I understand it if they can't. But if you can't, then don't make the claim that you will. Do not tell us to expect a 1 on 1 every week. And do not say "as in tradition, the 1 on 1 section was updated this week" every time you release a 1 on 1, because it is NOT a tradition for you to release a 1 on 1 every week anymore.

Do not get me wrong, I am not one of those who craves to see a new 1 on 1 every week. I just find it wrong for one to make such claims and not live up to it. I am perfectly fine with T11 not releasing a 1 on 1 every week (actually I would prefer it like that). So if you don't, then don't state you will!

That's all I have to say.

Jul 19, 2009
who cares. work on the stuff you already have. so what if they dont release something new every week. deal with it.

-M.

Jan 13, 2008
Look at the date of your first source. I'm sure that at the time, that was fully the intention. But, as they went on and took on more projects (and/or projects that demanded more time), they could no longer keep the schedule of every Friday.

Maybe they should indeed add "almost" in front of "every"...the thing is, whining about it here on the forums isn't exactly the best way to make it happen. We don't have control of the site...try getting in touch with those who do. PM an admin, send a support ticket--you know, the two avenues most likely to get something done.

Good luck with your quest. o_O

Nov 23, 2007
NC
You understand but yet you still start a thread to whine about it.

Since JB's announcement a year and a half ago with a few exceptions (most were recent) they have released one every week. When they've released cards or a major effects they come out and said no 1 on 1 this week due to the release of XXXX. When they were'nt able to get one ready they've come out and said they have been working hard behind the scenes on a project.

I think they deserve a little slack here. I agree with you in that it is an insane goal but over the 80 weeks since they annouced it they've done pretty good with it. They have always said they want quality over quantity. Which, I think most of us would prefer.

EDIT: Ha Just saw this. Click me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
who cares. work on the stuff you already have. so what if they dont release something new every week. deal with it.

-M.

Did you even read my full post? This is what I said:
Do not get me wrong, I am not one of those who craves to see a new 1 on 1 every week. I just find it wrong for one to make such claims and not live up to it. I am perfectly fine with T11 not releasing a 1 on 1 every week (actually I would prefer it like that).

Flyspazz said:
You understand but yet you still start a thread to whine about it.
I'm not whining about it. I'm simply saying they shouldn't make that claim anymore since they don't do it anymore. They should say something like "We'll update it as often as once per week". That would be much better.

Flyspazz said:
I think they deserve a little slack here. I agree with you in that it is an insane goal but over the 80 weeks since they annouced it they've done pretty good with it. They have always said they want quality over quantity. Which, I think most of us would prefer.
Yes I do prefer quality over quantity. That's why I said I prefer them not to release new stuff once a week, just like they are now. So don't say "every friday" and "as in tradition" or things like that.

cm763 said:
Look at the date of your first source. I'm sure that at the time, that was fully the intention. But, as they went on and took on more projects (and/or projects that demanded more time), they could no longer keep the schedule of every Friday.

Maybe they should indeed add "almost" in front of "every"...the thing is, whining about it here on the forums isn't exactly the best way to make it happen. We don't have control of the site...try getting in touch with those who do. PM an admin, send a support ticket--you know, the two avenues most likely to get something done.

Good luck with your quest. o_O
It is not a quest. I posted this thread not to whine, but as a suggestion for the T11 staff to see.

Jun 17, 2008
malaysia
it is hard to do that every week. if T11 would like to update 1 on 1 every single week, yes. i think they can. but we need quality not quantity. if T11 upload useless stuff, do you think anyone gonna download it?

Nov 10, 2007
This is in no way a thread to bash T11, but just a suggestion for them.

On January of last year, Jonathan stated that from then on, T11 will release a 1 on 1 every Friday.
http://forums.theory11.com/showpost.php?p=56914&postcount=1
It also says that here:
http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#learnmore

T11 started off living up to their promise. But as time went by, especially recently, T11 has pretty much forgot about this.

El Cambio Nada was released on May 22nd. Since then, it has been 12 weeks, yet only five 1 on 1s (El Cambio Nada included) were released. FIVE in TWELVE weeks. That's less than half the time!

I know this promise is hard to live up to, and I understand it if they can't. But if you can't, then don't make the claim that you will. Do not tell us to expect a 1 on 1 every week. And do not say "as in tradition, the 1 on 1 section was updated this week" every time you release a 1 on 1, because it is NOT a tradition for you to release a 1 on 1 every week anymore.

Do not get me wrong, I am not one of those who craves to see a new 1 on 1 every week. I just find it wrong for one to make such claims and not live up to it. I am perfectly fine with T11 not releasing a 1 on 1 every week (actually I would prefer it like that). So if you don't, then don't state you will!

That's all I have to say.

I agree with you 100%.

Jan 13, 2008
It is not a quest. I posted this thread not to whine, but as a suggestion for the T11 staff to see.
Hence why I suggested contacting the staff directly, whether PMing the admins, or sending in a support ticket. That is the most direct and effective way "for the T11 staff to see" your suggestion, and it comes off as less whiny. :)

Jul 8, 2008
I'm sure they know that if they release something new every week, it will all go in the garbage from kids who only have a week to learn the trick before they have to buy another one. Don't be greedy dude. Work on what you have now. You don't have to learn new tricks every week. Pick up a freakin book if you want to learn that badly!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I said the exact same thing in the 1on1 discussion thread last night. Quoted the same post by JB, and said nearly the same thing.

I don't have a problem with theory11, and I wouldn't have a problem with them not releasing 1on1s every week, if not for the fact that they guaranteed it. I feel that when a company makes a guarantee to their customers, they should go through with it.

My post from last night.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
If they make a promise then they need to live up to it. A promise is a promise. They have not release a new 1 on 1 in 3 weeks. But in truth they problay don't have time at all. I was pretty mad when there was no 1 on 1 last night,but suck it up please.

Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
True2Coins, did you even try reading my post? If you did, go read it again. But in case you miss anything again, here:
Thirdhit said:

visualartist said:
Christ,some of you people have to complain about everything.
Get over it. Theres other things you could/should be doing on a friday night than hunched over a computer.
Funny you say that. According to your post count, you seem FAR more active than me on the forums.

magicman1212, thank you.

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
sorry you need your weekly magic or you get cranky and need a nap and your bottle. Seriously Theory11 doesn't owe you anything, just be glad they are updating the 1on1 section as much as possible.

Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
If theory11 is your only source of magic, you have a problem.

YET ANOTHER person who didn't read my first post.

To be clear, the point of this thread is not to complain that I want to see more magic being released. Thats not it at all. If you did read my first post, like you should if you are commenting, then you should have seen that I actually prefer T11 to not release a 1 on 1 every week. And I don't even buy much of their releases.

The point of this thread is to point out that T11 is not living up to their promise. Kind of (and i said kind of) false claiming if you will. And all I'm suggesting is for them to drop that claim, as I think that's morally the correct thing to do.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Adjones,

The post you cited was made over a year and a half ago, and especially as a young company, things evolve and things change. In this case, I think things have improved. Our primary promise has always been quality over quantity. To that end, I think our team has done an incredible job.

Oftentimes it's hard for you guys to see what's going on behind the scenes. Just this past week alone, we put the finishing touches on two huge projects, working fulltime towards release of both - Superfly [limited release at Magic Live this Sunday after over 3 years of research and development], and CK's Rising Card app [in the works for over 6 months].

In addition, we have SEVEN projects in development at once behind the scenes, not even including Andrei Jikh's GENESIS DVD set, which we just formally announced and posted screenshots from this past week. Point being - we love Red Bull, and we hustle as much as humanly possible.

We release more high quality, well-produced content than anyone - but we are limited by having a tight but small core team. And we push ourselves to the limit every single day. There hasn't been a night this week that I wasn't up till 5:00am EST; CK even woke up at 8am yesterday in Australia to work towards release of the Rising Card app - in the midst of spearheading the David Copperfield World Tour in Melbourne.

We always have a lot on our plate, and always will. Most importantly of all - what we will always prioritize - is quality. And quality takes time to ensure.

Lots of madness coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results