T11 should either live up to their promises, or not make those promises at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Maybe go practice and stop complaning? a thought...I know it sounds crazy.....or maybe create your own material...wait no thats too crazy.

Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
Adjones,

The post you cited was made over a year and a half ago, and especially as a young company, things evolve and things change. In this case, I think things have improved. Our primary promise has always been quality over quantity. To that end, I think our team has done an incredible job.

Oftentimes it's hard for you guys to see what's going on behind the scenes. Just this past week alone, we put the finishing touches on two huge projects, working fulltime towards release of both - Superfly [limited release at Magic Live this Sunday after over 3 years of research and development], and CK's Rising Card app [in the works for over 6 months].

In addition, we have SEVEN projects in development at once behind the scenes, not even including Andrei Jikh's GENESIS DVD set, which we just formally announced and posted screenshots from this past week. Point being - we love Red Bull, we work quickly.

We release more high quality, well-produced content than anyone - but we are limited by having a tight but small core team. And we push ourselves to the limit every single day. There hasn't been a night this week that I wasn't up till 5:00am EST; CK even woke up at 8am yesterday in Australia to work towards release of the Rising Card app - in the midst of spearheading the David Copperfield World Tour in Melbourne.

We always have a lot on our plate, and always will. Most importantly of all - what we will always prioritize - is quality. And quality takes time to ensure.

Lots of madness coming...

Jonathan, I hope you don't misunderstand me. I fully acknowledge that you guys are EXTREMELY busy with tons of work, and I thank you guys for that. I know it's because of this that you guys can't release 1 on 1s every week, which is totally understandable and what I prefer. But if that's the case, then shouldn't it be about time to remove the part where it says "This section is updated every Friday at 11:00pm EST." on this link and have the staff stop saying "as in tradition every week" when you release a new 1on1?

I hope you understand my intentions and thank you again for the hard work.

D

Deleted member 2755

Oh for godsakes, your problem isn't with the fact they're not releasing One on One's every Friday, but that you feel they aren't living up to a promise, right?

Yup, that's what they are saying. I find it funny. People will ALWAYS have problems and there is no avoiding it. If people want to complain, they will.

Do we honestly really need a weekly video? Is it essential? Companies like Penguin, E, and others don't have as many releases as t11. Sure, JB said we would have weekly 1 on1s, but people are quoting him from over a year ago. Jeez... Maybe t11 has been working on tons of other things as well? T11 is working all the time behind the scenes. Most projects haven't even been announced yet.

While I enjoy seeing t11 produced videos, I'm not prepared to call them out for their lack of weekly material.

Here is my advice for all people who need a weekly magic fill: Pick up a book.

-Doug

It does get pretty frustrating when people don't read and then post. I think you would have felt the same way if that happened to you.

Of course I would have, who wouldn't? I'm well aware of how people sometimes seem to have the habbit of skimming a post for a few seconds before posting. I just wanna make sure everyone's on the same page by now: The lack of One on One's being released isn't the problem, it's just about the way they're being advertised.

Yup, that's what they are saying. I find it funny. People will ALWAYS have problems and there is no avoiding it. If people want to complain, they will.

There's always gonna be some kind of problem with everything, and people will always be vocal about it. Personally, I couldn't careless how they advertise the One on One section, or anything else for that matter, i'm to busy working on Socka Trova. I just don't think it matters.

But hell, bright side, bigger projects in the wings.

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
YET ANOTHER person who didn't read my first post.

To be clear, the point of this thread is not to complain that I want to see more magic being released. Thats not it at all. If you did read my first post, like you should if you are commenting, then you should have seen that I actually prefer T11 to not release a 1 on 1 every week. And I don't even buy much of their releases.

The point of this thread is to point out that T11 is not living up to their promise. Kind of (and i said kind of) false claiming if you will. And all I'm suggesting is for them to drop that claim, as I think that's morally the correct thing to do.

You've said it. You've posted it. Expect to defend it over and over again. Yes I've read your post, and you may say you're not complaining, but dude, it's a complaint. Now, I'm going to offend you, but I'm going to do it in love, so if you get offended by this I'm just going to quote you and say, "But dude, I did it in love..." okay?

You're saying you actually expect their production department to put all the good sh!t - DVD projects, Convention Appearances (MagicLive), Keeping Up With the Forums, plus scouting out new talent and content - on hold so you can get EXACTLY 52 1-on-1's a year -- a pretty lofty taking for any production company. You may SAY you're not whining, but in light of the big picture, You are! and we're all calling you on it

So, let's do this: 1) Put a TICKET in for the staff to go back 80 weeks ago and change all their web content that has an inkling of a promise and edit them. when you do, post it on this thread, so we can stop bashing you. or

2) fly out to Vegas, pay $335 for your registration to get into the Magic Magazine Convention, and tell Bayme and Jikh to get their butts home, finish editing the stuff and upload your 1-on-1. I mean, it's only a convention -- really how important can that be in the big picture of building a Magic Company and increasing the prestige of their brand. (they've still put out more lessons and tricks and contributed to the magic community more than any other magic company in the last two years)

And buddy, if every one called you on every single promise you didn't keep, well intended or not, (after all, people should be perfect in keeping their word), you'd be in deep do-do. We'd all be in deep do-do.

Chill and just trust that they're doing the best they can... Think happy thoughts.

I'm not going to involve myself in this argument, but I think many of us are misled.

1 - The point of this thread is not to complain about how inefficient the 1-on-1 production quantity is, but rather to speak about the text that the Theory11 crew provided many months ago saying that a new 1-on-1 will be out every week. Obviously with all of the projects the Theory11 crew has bearing down on their shoulders, releasing a 1-on-1 every week is impossible. But the "every week new 1-on-1" still stands, which is why the original poster created this thread.
2 - I do not believe we are arguing that we need to grow up, stop complaining and be happy. We are thrilled that Theory11 gives us these incredible high quality 1-on-1s and other material, but it's the text that a new 1-on-1 will be released every Friday that is confusing and possibly upsetting people.
3 - However, you should know that I am not just on the side of the original poster. I am sure the Theory11 crew wants to release a 1-on-1 every single week, but they're just bogged down right now. If they remove that text, then quite a bit of anticipation would be removed. And how would we know when the new 1-on-1s are released? I believe the Theory11 crew put that text there in the first place so that people wouldn't have to check it at irregular times to see if there's a new 1-on-1. Maybe the wording should be rearranged a little bit, but even doing that might speak bad PR to customers not involved in this issue.
4 - Solutions: Quietly update the text with a different wording or just leave it alone. Make sure to publicly announce that there is no 1-on-1 for this week if that is the case, and if possible try and estimate whether or not realistically there can be a 1-on-1 that week, and then post in advance. Or, when you guys are more freed up, then you might want to just film a whole slew of 1-on-1s, and set it up so that a couple of clicks would be all it would take to update the 1-on-1 section every week. Of course, there are some cons to this but it's the best that I can think of.

EDIT: I guess I did involve myself in the argument. :D

I'm not going to involve myself in this argument, but I think many of us are misled.

1 - The point of this thread is not to complain about how inefficient the 1-on-1 production quantity is, but rather to speak about the text that the Theory11 crew provided many months ago saying that a new 1-on-1 will be out every week. Obviously with all of the projects the Theory11 crew has bearing down on their shoulders, releasing a 1-on-1 every week is impossible. But the "every week new 1-on-1" still stands, which is why the original poster created this thread.
2 - I do not believe we are arguing that we need to grow up, stop complaining and be happy. We are thrilled that Theory11 gives us these incredible high quality 1-on-1s and other material, but it's the text that a new 1-on-1 will be released every Friday that is confusing and possibly upsetting people.
3 - However, you should know that I am not just on the side of the original poster. I am sure the Theory11 crew wants to release a 1-on-1 every single week, but they're just bogged down right now. If they remove that text, then quite a bit of anticipation would be removed. And how would we know when the new 1-on-1s are released? I believe the Theory11 crew put that text there in the first place so that people wouldn't have to check it at irregular times to see if there's a new 1-on-1. Maybe the wording should be rearranged a little bit, but even doing that might speak bad PR to customers not involved in this issue.
4 - Solutions: Quietly update the text with a different wording or just leave it alone. Make sure to publicly announce that there is no 1-on-1 for this week if that is the case, and if possible try and estimate whether or not realistically there can be a 1-on-1 that week, and then post in advance. Or, when you guys are more freed up, then you might want to just film a whole slew of 1-on-1s, and set it up so that a couple of clicks would be all it would take to update the 1-on-1 section every week. Of course, there are some cons to this but it's the best that I can think of.

EDIT: I guess I did involve myself in the argument. :D

I'm pretty much in agreement with this post... Yup...

I'm pretty much in agreement with this post... Yup...

Agreed with BAWI the post sums it up.

To those who said that the original people are whiners:

you dont run this site. Stop pissing people off and grow up. They are not complaining they are trying to figure out something that is confusing. T11 promised a new 1on1 every week and they havent done that, now everyone hasnt been on the site for 100 years or since the start and dont know the detailsof the productions and stuff. They want to get the picture not "Whiner, go f'*cking practice".

Mikk

Jul 13, 2009
Firstly I think everyone needs to watch this video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMC2XJw5m6Y

Okay now that you have seen that I hope the mood has lightened up a bit. Well as stated in the original post, he is not complaining just pointing out that a post almost two years old is not holding up over time.
The poster accomplished what he wanted which I believe was to draw attention to this fact and get an explanation.

Now as Mr. Bayme has stated previously the company was younger back then, hence less huge projects. I skipped big because in my opinion the quality of the material warrants that all projects are big projects and above. Furthermore, they may address this in my opinion minor problem and slow down the huge projects, or they can continue working on the big multi effect dvds, effects, and misc. projects that we all love to watch and buy… I just realized I am summarizing the post that I completely agree with made by Sky_Lark.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
True2Coins, did you even try reading my post? If you did, go read it again. But in case you miss anything again, here:

Funny you say that. According to your post count, you seem FAR more active than me on the forums.

magicman1212, thank you.

Yet I perform more and more on a weekly basis than I am online.

Yes,everyone has read your post and get it. Its just what your complaining about(and it IS a complaint) is very mundane.
The only thing your saying is that the simple phrase should be changed.
Which is akin to asking someone to edit a post.

Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
You've said it. You've posted it. Expect to defend it over and over again. Yes I've read your post, and you may say you're not complaining, but dude, it's a complaint. Now, I'm going to offend you, but I'm going to do it in love, so if you get offended by this I'm just going to quote you and say, "But dude, I did it in love..." okay?

You're saying you actually expect their production department to put all the good sh!t - DVD projects, Convention Appearances (MagicLive), Keeping Up With the Forums, plus scouting out new talent and content - on hold so you can get EXACTLY 52 1-on-1's a year -- a pretty lofty taking for any production company. You may SAY you're not whining, but in light of the big picture, You are! and we're all calling you on it

So, let's do this: 1) Put a TICKET in for the staff to go back 80 weeks ago and change all their web content that has an inkling of a promise and edit them. when you do, post it on this thread, so we can stop bashing you. or

2) fly out to Vegas, pay $335 for your registration to get into the Magic Magazine Convention, and tell Bayme and Jikh to get their butts home, finish editing the stuff and upload your 1-on-1. I mean, it's only a convention -- really how important can that be in the big picture of building a Magic Company and increasing the prestige of their brand. (they've still put out more lessons and tricks and contributed to the magic community more than any other magic company in the last two years)

And buddy, if every one called you on every single promise you didn't keep, well intended or not, (after all, people should be perfect in keeping their word), you'd be in deep do-do. We'd all be in deep do-do.

Chill and just trust that they're doing the best they can... Think happy thoughts.

I do not expect them to put out fifty two 1 on 1s each year, and I PREFER they didn't. I am not asking them to keep up with putting out the 1 on 1s on time. I am telling them to edit their claim. Get it?

And on comparing T11 to me in keeping promises. T11 is a business. What their doing is in essence false advertising. Plus this has gone on for so long that it needs pointing out. If the claim was said once, long time ago, I wouldn't call them out on it. But as of right now they still make the claim.

To reiterate- I am perfectly happy that T11 is not releasing new 1 on 1s every week, and I certainly do not expect them to. All I'm asking for is for them to no longer make the "1 on 1 every week" claim anymore, as they do on their 1 on 1 page and as they say when they release a new 1 on 1.

I apologize for repeating this so many times, but some people just don't get my intention.

sky_lark and TheBlack&WhiteIllusionist, thank you for reading my post and actually understand my intention.

Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
And thats it. Same response I wrote before.

Yup, that's right. I thought I'd make it clear since some people still think I'm complaining about needing new material every week. That's why I repeat it so many times- people just don't read and just post.

Back to the topic. What is wrong with what I'm asking for? It might be just a sentence that needs editing but I think it does mean a lot to edit it. I feel that way they are being more truthful and is a more morally correct way of advertising.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Yup, that's right. I thought I'd make it clear since some people still think I'm complaining about needing new material every week. That's why I repeat it so many times- people just don't read and just post.

Back to the topic. What is wrong with what I'm asking for? It might be just a sentence that needs editing but I think it does mean a lot to edit it. I feel that way they are being more truthful and is a more morally correct way of advertising.

I say it doesnt matter at all. A distracting problem at most.
You dont have to make a thread about this. Just message bayme,he always writes back. Its a 'problem' not worth the fuss it seems to be making.

D

Deleted member 2755

This thread doesn't have much of a point and will just keep going around in circles so I think it's fitting that it be locked.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results