Hindu Tornado

Apr 16, 2008
hindu tornado is such a joke ... its like "angel".

an incredibly simple move that is a slight variation of something already published in the encyclopedia, in fact, if you watch the Flourishman's companion DVDs you can see him doing not only this "hindu tornado" but like 6 other ways to do the hindu cut variations. including a very dope "hindu tornado" to back-handed stall.

visually identical to any number of spinning aerial cuts from dealers position, of which I can think of at least 5, my personal preference being EGR v2.

another lame offering, dressed up in thick hype, that some how n00by fanboys seem to fall over themselves for! Just like in magic - do some research on the existing material, released years before - and you might find whats "new" isn't really new at all.

actually, theres lots of reasons to get the companion DVDs besides so you don't look like an goof, fawning over a simple cut. You might find something to work on that doesn't cost you $$$$$$ per move! MAYBE YOU MIGHT EVEN MAKE UP YOUR OWN SH!T. who knows, the sky is the limit at that point.

ohhhh... but flourishman did not spend $720000 making his DVD, and doesn't have everyone from Dave buck to Dai Vernon on an HD video spammed across 18 different websites (like unitedcardists.COM what the fuh guys)

so, maybe you guys won't even consider getting it until 50 spam emails invade your inbox talking about how you can make a career out of it. lol

aren't you one of the guys that bought a 100 dollar book for some cute demon stories and a grip that was use about 6 years ago (by Bone, lol ironi)

anyway, I totaly agree with you here, i just wish you could take that further and see that the virts or t11 are just noobies in the hype bull**** marketing compared to *some other card website...*

dimitri.

hindu tornado is such a joke ... its like "angel".

an incredibly simple move that is a slight variation of something already published in the encyclopedia, in fact, if you watch the Flourishman's companion DVDs you can see him doing not only this "hindu tornado" but like 6 other ways to do the hindu cut variations. including a very dope "hindu tornado" to back-handed stall.

visually identical to any number of spinning aerial cuts from dealers position, of which I can think of at least 5, my personal preference being EGR v2.

another lame offering, dressed up in thick hype, that some how n00by fanboys seem to fall over themselves for! Just like in magic - do some research on the existing material, released years before - and you might find whats "new" isn't really new at all.

actually, theres lots of reasons to get the companion DVDs besides so you don't look like an goof, fawning over a simple cut. You might find something to work on that doesn't cost you $$$$$$ per move! MAYBE YOU MIGHT EVEN MAKE UP YOUR OWN SH!T. who knows, the sky is the limit at that point.

ohhhh... but flourishman did not spend $720000 making his DVD, and doesn't have everyone from Dave buck to Dai Vernon on an HD video spammed across 18 different websites (like unitedcardists.COM what the fuh guys)

so, maybe you guys won't even consider getting it until 50 spam emails invade your inbox talking about how you can make a career out of it. lol

I find that this post pretty much sums up the whole DVD. Its all hype. Watch the new video of Bone or Daren using the "NEW" techinique for higher anacondas. its EXACTLY the same as the video tutorial released a few years ago. And the Eye Cut? If you really care about it, or any move for that matter, you can learn it from Bone's performance. Virts are over hyping this and I personally wouldnt pay any more than about 10$ for this DVD.

EOPCF is where its at.

@ Dimitri- Its true, Trash and many other people did buy those books but there are many good reasons for doing so.

1- DC and motions, even the piano routine are VERY expandable concepts, unlike an anaconda dribble. Seriously, what can you do with it? nothing but the dribble. And the eye cut? Add a pupil and you've perfected the move and its one variation.

2- Wait 10 years. You could probably sell the secret books for upwards of 500$. the anaconda dvd? Probably not much. You know why? because everyone can already do these moves!!!!!!!!!! The techinique will be burnt out if not obsolete by that time. Only 100 secret books were sold, so as a result only a hundred (maybe a few more or less, give or take) will be performing these concepts. And alot of the HL members will only use them live, and not expose them online so as to preserve their underground nature. Secret books is a much better investment.

And yes I have read the secret books so I know what I am talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Alright I said I wouldn't post again, but I feel obligated considering what I have read.

UnknownMagician93- This is gonna sound like a knock on you but its not. I'm trying to help you out.

STOP acting like you know what your talking about. Theres nothing worse than a new guy who keep spewing posts when he should be spending all that time practicing. Its not even that. Just shut up and READ. Go to deckniuqe and READ. Don't POST. you should be learning as much as you can right now. I'll be honest when I was reading this thread I saw trashman and dimitri arguing, and I thought "Ok, these guys have been around a while, they know what their talking about" Then I see your name, and I think to myself "Who the hell is UnknownMagician93?" You've been here for only a couple months. I really think you should just sit back and learn as much as you can. Again, I'm legit just trying to help.

Alright I said I wouldn't post again, but I feel obligated considering what I have read.

UnknownMagician93- This is gonna sound like a knock on you but its not. I'm trying to help you out.

STOP acting like you know what your talking about. Theres nothing worse than a new guy who keep spewing posts when he should be spending all that time practicing. Its not even that. Just shut up and READ. Go to deckniuqe and READ. Don't POST. you should be learning as much as you can right now. I'll be honest when I was reading this thread I saw trashman and dimitri arguing, and I thought "Ok, these guys have been around a while, they know what their talking about" Then I see your name, and I think to myself "Who the hell is UnknownMagician93?" You've been here for only a couple months. I really think you should just sit back and learn as much as you can. Again, I'm legit just trying to help.

Okay I agree, but what was ill-legitimate about my post?

May 9, 2008
Posted by Trashmanf

"Flourishing doesn't have to be something where someone holds your hand to teach you every ultra-simple little cut, its something you have to figure out yourself to really understand and take it to the next level, your unique level"

Trashmanf, I understand where you're coming from, but I have to add to that... You're right, it doesn't have to be, but it can be. Why make something harder than it needs to be? The Virts proved the point that it doesn't just take "practice". It takes knowledge and understanding of what you're trying to accomplish combined with the work ethic and practice to back it up. Simply practicing and practicing a move you have no concept of, while you keep banging your head against the wall expecting results that aren't coming doesn't do you any good. You're right about every ultra-simple little cut, but the anaconda and eye cut are not ultra-simple little cut. Jerry and De'vo would call these "impact moves", which take knowledge and understanding and practice to master.

AT

UnknownMagician....

The Anaconda and Eye-Cut don't need to be expandable concepts, they are awesome impact moves on their own. I personally don't find every variation of the Sybil interesting, although there is an infinite combination of these. Just because something could be an expandable concept doesn't mean it's a more valuable move. The Anaconda, IMO, is more valuable than 1,000 2-handed cut variations. The Anaconda is a very unique concept, and anyone who masters it will have a huge advantage. When the Anaconda is performed it looks like a trick deck. I really can't say that about other flourishes. The Anaconda is going to be limited as well, not as limited as the Secret Books, but still limited. How many people will actually master the moves? Who knows... but I think you're highly over-valuing the secret books worth in 10 years. Why would a book be worth so much when noone even knows what's it in? Why would you purchase something in which you don't even know what is contained for so much money?

In 10 years it might be worth $500 because of inflation. You'll be able to trade your secret book for a deck of cards. De'vo also released an extra 50 copies, so there are more than 100. Would I like a copy? Certainly, but for $100?? Like trashmanf said, you coud buy material already out there and come up with stuff on your own.

Posted by Trashmanf

Trashmanf, I understand where you're coming from, but I have to add to that... You're right, it doesn't have to be, but it can be. Why make something harder than it needs to be? The Virts proved the point that it doesn't just take "practice". It takes knowledge and understanding of what you're trying to accomplish combined with the work ethic and practice to back it up. Simply practicing and practicing a move you have no concept of, while you keep banging your head against the wall expecting results that aren't coming doesn't do you any good. You're right about every ultra-simple little cut, but the anaconda and eye cut are not ultra-simple little cut. Jerry and De'vo would call these "impact moves", which take knowledge and understanding and practice to master.

AT

UnknownMagician....

The Anaconda and Eye-Cut don't need to be expandable concepts, they are awesome impact moves on their own. I personally don't find every variation of the Sybil interesting, although there is an infinite combination of these. Just because something could be an expandable concept doesn't mean it's a more valuable move. The Anaconda, IMO, is more valuable than 1,000 2-handed cut variations. The Anaconda is a very unique concept, and anyone who masters it will have a huge advantage. When the Anaconda is performed it looks like a trick deck. I really can't say that about other flourishes. The Anaconda is going to be limited as well, not as limited as the Secret Books, but still limited. How many people will actually master the moves? Who knows... but I think you're highly over-valuing the secret books worth in 10 years. Why would a book be worth so much when noone even knows what's it in? Why would you purchase something in which you don't even know what is contained for so much money?

In 10 years it might be worth $500 because of inflation. You'll be able to trade your secret book for a deck of cards. De'vo also released an extra 50 copies, so there are more than 100. Would I like a copy? Certainly, but for $100?? Like trashmanf said, you coud buy material already out there and come up with stuff on your own.

The secret books arent limited by any stretch of the mind. Soemthing like DC is very expandable. In fact, DC is how Bone created the Eye cut. De'vo himself created an entire routine off of this single move. I understand what you are saying about anaconda being more valuable than a gazillion sybils and I totally agree. But more valuable than everything inside the secret book? I think not.

May 9, 2008
The secret books arent limited by any stretch of the mind. Soemthing like DC is very expandable. In fact, DC is how Bone created the Eye cut. De'vo himself created an entire routine off of this single move. I understand what you are saying about anaconda being more valuable than a gazillion sybils and I totally agree. But more valuable than everything inside the secret book? I think not.

When I said that the secret books were limited, I meant limited to 150 copies....when I said the Anaconda is limited, I meant in terms of copies. Obviously there are more copies of Anaconda on the market than the secret books. Yes, I'm certain there are tons of expandable concepts in the secret book, but is it worth it?

When I said that the secret books were limited, I meant limited to 150 copies....when I said the Anaconda is limited, I meant in terms of copies. Obviously there are more copies of Anaconda on the market than the secret books. Yes, I'm certain there are tons of expandable concepts in the secret book, but is it worth it?

Well that's vol. 2 of the secret books. Vol.1 had only 100 copies made. There was also once a secret book on ebay and it went to about 200 dollars before it got token of ebay.

This depends. To someone like trashmanf and my self (hopefully in a year or so) who prefer XCM this book is a treasure chest, and depending on HOW into XCM you are (job doing it maybe? like M') this book is well worth 100$.

But, on the flipside, someone like Garry A. or Daniel Madison probably wouldnt find a whole lot in this book.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
This depends. To someone like trashmanf and my self (hopefully in a year or so) who prefer XCM this book is a treasure chest, and depending on HOW into XCM you are (job doing it maybe? like M') this book is well worth 100$.

But, on the flipside, someone like Garry A. or Daniel Madison probably wouldnt find a whole lot in this book.

Just to chime in here, a good friend of mine uses the material and concepts a lot, including in a recent gig, to great success. Out of interest I've browsed his copy of the book and though I no longer flourish with any seriousness, I did get the impression that there were a lot of very workable concepts (the piano in particular appealed to me as a piano player).

Compared to the number of people I know who already know the Anaconda and perform it perfectly (about half a dozen) but who can't do anything other than make an impressive Anaconda, it certainly comes up short.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results