My first week and a half of Cardistry.

Aug 19, 2009
Well, I jsut signed up on the forums and am really starting to get into Cardistry. I have been performing magig for the last couple years but have recently started on cardistry (within the last 2 weeks). So here is a quick video I threw together to show off my (so called) skills.

http://vimeo.com/6186327

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
Hey! Those were actually pretty smooth for only being a week or so in! The werm definetly needed work, but that sybil was pretty smooth, and the other flourish was nice as well!

Keep it up man!

Aug 19, 2009
Thanks. I really like cardistry because its a good break from practicing magic, not that, that is to boring but its great to throw around some cards..hopefully in a really cool way and not making a mess.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Overused music.

Onto the cards, for 1 week that's pretty damn good, probably better than me, but I don't focus on Cardistry and whatnot too much. Keep practicing.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Like everyone said, for a couple of weeks you're already ahead of the curve in my opinion. Flourishes gets smoother and faster the more you practice them.

Try learning some 'simple' cuts to help accent the longer 2-handed cuts.

Charlier
Revolution
Fans (one hand, thumb, pressure fan)
Springs and dribbles

Stuff like that. They're easier, and easy to practice a lot.

Can't wait to see more,

-Rik

Sep 1, 2007
Yah, revolutions are really common in harder 2 handed cuts, or similar mechanics to it.

But really good for a week or so, you just look nervous and tense :p understandable.

Great work, keep up the practice man.

Aug 19, 2009
Thanks everyone! I will try and work on being a little less tense and work on the revolution cut.. I can get the cut done well about 3 out of 5 times...just needs more practice.

Feb 9, 2009
Nice work Curt! I'm wanting to begin into this as well...are you learning this from D&D's stuff?

Aug 19, 2009
Thanks, I am really trying to get "Akira" from D&D down...the dang spin on the thumb is killing me. O well. Hopefully I can get it,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results