What inspired you to become a magician?

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
This question is asked to me alot, but I have no idea how to answer. The reason being that my inspiration came from my dad..................................doing witch craft. I Remember when I was about 9 or 10 my dad would tell me that if I concentrated enough I could do real magic, and move objects with my mind. And like any young person I believed him full heartedly. So I tried it several times and of course it didn't work. So when I turned 11 I got a magic kit, and about a year later realized I couldn't do REAL magic. Sorry, I know I've been babbling. My point is, when people ask me that question I don't what to say. I don't think I can just tell people my dad's a witch. Any advice is greatly appreciated

While I'm on this subject, what inspired you to start magic?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
This question is asked to me alot, but I have no idea how to answer. The reason being that my inspiration came from my dad..................................doing witch craft. I Remember when I was about 9 or 10 my dad would tell me that if I concentrated enough I could do real magic, and move objects with my mind. And like any young person I believed him full heartedly. So I tried it several times and of course it didn't work. So when I turned 11 I got a magic kit, and about a year later realized I couldn't do REAL magic. Sorry, I know I've been babbling. My point is, when people ask me that question I don't what to say. I don't think I can just tell people my dad's a witch. Any advice is greatly appreciated

"It's in my blood." Just a thought.

While I'm on this subject, what inspired you to start magic?

The mind of an engineer, the attention span of a child, and a love for people. I love figuring things out, solving problems, and interacting with people.

Magic fits who I am and what I enjoy doing. I can construct effects, routines and then make connections with new audiences every day. I'm not limited to any one thing when thinking of new methods for what I want to achieve and I was never one for structured education.

I'm too smart to not be in school, and yet I hate being there as well. Gotta love the irony, the one guy who doesn't have to work to get the A's doesn't want to be there while the people who struggle on tests and have to work twice as hard want nothing more than a college degree...

I guess you could say somewhere along the line magic just kind of found me and we've been friends ever since.

-Rik

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
One day at school I met someone name Joe. We were talking and said if he can show me something and I said yes. He took out his deck of cards and told me to pick any card. I return my card back to the deck within awhile. He told me to take of my shoe and my card was in their folded up in my shoe. Until this day I trying to figure how he did it. So during the summer I remember that momet. I went to HEB and pick up a deck of bicycle Guadrians and so on the box said that it was design by theory11.com. So the next day I log into theory11.com amd enter a world of magic. Thats it.

D

Deleted member 2755

I really don't know... I actually don't even think I have an answer.

-Doug

Oct 12, 2008
I had magic tricks when I was young, then I fell out of it and fell into Origami for years. Then, two years ago, I saw the 'this n' that' trick on youtube and fell right back in insanely quickly. I think the dexterity i developed in origami helped a lot at the beginning.

kindof cheasy, but thats my story

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
I grew up around magic and magicians, my dad knew a few card tricks and thats what inspired my brother. He did magic when he was young and we went to a lot of magic shows mainly because of him. Ive always had a love for it, but i guess i never really knew i had a chance to learn it. When i went to Vegas the second time at age 13 thats when i got my first magic trick and the start of my journey.

-Nikki

Aug 18, 2009
Inspiration

I just want people to be happy in cool way....
magic, tricks!!...
i love their smile.....:p:p

Jul 25, 2009
I learned my first magic trick from my dad. It was a simple 4 ace trick that i could figure out what ace you picked by looking at them. That was when i was 4 so you know i thought i was copperfield at the time. come to think of it i've always been interested in magic but i did start seriously doing it until last year. Also I second grade i did my first magic show:D so i can say i 've been performing since second grade (im now a freshman in high school).It may be stretching the true alittle but it still isnt a lie:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results